THE BROWNS BOARD

Seneca Wallace traded to Cleveland

DAWGPOUND16

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hes a guy that knows Holmgrens offense like the back of his hand. Hes a pretty decent QB too. He could start, but i hope not. I think Holmgren has bigger plans.

Good move, we'll see a totally different offense out there if Holmgrens going to be this much hands on.

Hes a guy that knows Holmgrens offense like the back of his hand. Hes a pretty decent QB too. He could start, but i hope not. I think Holmgren has bigger plans.

Good move, we'll see a totally different offense out there if Holmgrens going to be this much hands on.

I'm not sure this is considered "hands-on". I'm sure they all got together collectively and discussed which players everyone was familiar with and which would be worth a look. I'm kinda torn on this move. I like a pure passer but I guess Seneca is "good enough". But this doesn't look like the end of our QB problem. Speaking of which, I wonder if DA was part of this trade? Getting sent back home?

Been reading some quote from some Seattle fans, saying he's the best backup in the NFL?

I remember he had the same label Rodgers had in GB. "When he gets his chance, he should be pretty good". But I can't imagine he is that great if Seatle was willing to part with him given Hasselback's injury history? Leads me to believe we may have dealt one of our QBs?

Yea I'll wait to see what we gave up for him before I form an opinion. Its probably for that 5th rounder that we could have got Troy Smith for. Really dont no what to think about this other than I would rather have Smith

I don't know about that man. More experience. In 2008-09 dude threw 59% completion, 1500 yards, 11 TDs and 3 pics. I think I have one of those gut feelings The Walrus might of pulled one out here. Although he's only 5-11, 205? Hummm?

I don't know about that man. More experience. In 2008-09 dude threw 59% completion, 1500 yards, 11 TDs and 3 pics. I think I have one of those gut feelings The Walrus might of pulled one out here. Although he's only 5-11, 205? Hummm?

I hope your right, I just think Smith has more up side and he's younger and about the same size. In Holmgren I trust.....I guess

There is a reply to me from someone on a Seattle board.

"Yes we have traded Seneca to the Browns for an undisclosed pick in the 2011 Draft. Basically that means if Wallace plays a certain amount or performs to an agreeable status on the two sides will decide what pick we get. I would be surprised if he starts over Quinn, but he does know Holmgren's system and is a Holmgren guy. Wallace won't put up 300+ yards a game, but I always thought he was smart with the ball and gave us a good chance to win. I didn't see that this year. Maybe Mora's offense effected him so maybe reuniting with Holmgren and his offense is all good."

Cardinals fan here, and with the Cards being in the same division as the Seahawks, I've had multiple looks at Seneca.

I somewhat agree with the 'hawks fans who said he was the best backup in the league. If he's not the best backup he's one of them. He was able to step in when Hasslebeck went down and keep the offense moving, plus he can make plays with his feet. I actually think that if given a fair shot, he'll out-perform Brady Quinn.

If it was a 6th or lower I'd say you got a very good deal. If it was a 5th rounder I'd say it's about on par with where I'd expect Seneca's value to be.

Guest dirt devil

Wallace is good. He could be the starter coming out of camp easy. Great pickup. A lot better than trying to get troy smith. Smith is another OSU reject.

I'm not sure this is considered "hands-on". I'm sure they all got together collectively and discussed which players everyone was familiar with and which would be worth a look. I'm kinda torn on this move. I like a pure passer but I guess Seneca is "good enough". But this doesn't look like the end of our QB problem. Speaking of which, I wonder if DA was part of this trade? Getting sent back home?

Holmgren drafted him and coached him for 7 years, I think he was a big part of it, Holmgrens guys are already trying to teach Daboll some new things on offense.

I hope it was for Brady :)

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seattle Seahawks have have traded backup quarterback Seneca Wallace to the Cleveland Browns for a draft pick.

UPDATE: John Boyle of the Everett Herald reports the Seahawks will receive a 2011 draft pick for Wallace

Wallace will be reunited with Mike Holmgren, his former head coach with the Seahawks who is now the president of the Browns.

Holmgren chose Wallace with the 110th overall pick of the 2003 NFL Draft.

In seven NFL seasons, Wallace has started 14 games, and has completed 59.9% of his pass attempts for 3,547 yards, with 25 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for a passer rating of 83.1.

Regarded as one of the better athletes on the Seahawks, the 5-11, 205-pound Wallace has also run for 214 yards and a touchdown and has 4 receptions for 76 yards.

2010 is the final year of a four-year, $6.2 million dollar contract Wallace signed in 2007.

Seneca will win the job over either QB on our roster right now. IDK if MH is looking at another QB or not, but I for one am stoked knowing that I don't have to sit through another Quinn/DA abortion next year.

But they are not running holmgren's offense and mike has said himself that he won't dictate. If the coaches want to come talk he's all for it.

if Wallace ends up the back-up behind McNabb i'll dance a jig on my roof.

then if they draft a good rookie QB prospect as the #3...talk about an ideal situation for bringing along the future face of the franchise (!). i'm just talking here but that would be incredible.

bonus: if they do incorporate Holmgren's offense they have a QB already versed in it.

Cannot argue with trading for Wallace another guy who has never really had a chance in the NFL who was very good in college. I like the move considering both Quinn and

Andersen stink. Would rather go for Troy Smith or move up for Bradford in the draft but............but heck this is a signal the Browns think now we need a real QB

Archived