THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Ben Accused of Rape... again

DAWGPOUND16

Local reports are saying Ben went in the bar he flashed his money around and rented the entire VIP room with one stipulation, only females allowed in there with him. There has always been talk around about how different Ben is when the cameras off. When they go off he becomes an instant asshole!!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ben's word has always been in question since he hit the Burg. He and Cowher had some differences of opinion at times when Ben gave excuses of phantom injuries after bad performances. Ward called him out this year after he FULL practiced all week then took a game off because of his concussion. I really don't know if charges can be avoided on this one!

do you honestly think that a 28 year old guy with two superbowl rings really has to force girls into the sack

Possibly so. It does sound bizarre doesn't it.

Of course, it is highly possible that he DOES get so many women to sack up with him voluntarily that he believes that it is natural that every single one of them would want to sack up with him voluntarily...and if he meets one that actually resists he doesn't know how to handle it, and merely carries on his sexual advances presuming such a woman is giving consent and ignores her protestations.

exactly. what most people don't realize is that rape is more often about power than sexual desire. also, rape is often not an isolated incident. it is a pattern of behavior. i'll wait until the verdict is handed-down to judge ben, but based on his past, his statement, and my education on the psychology of rape, it looks really grim for him. also, if he did rape that girl, i hope that the bum-fuq police dept doesn't screw up the investigation and he gets what he deserves.

Even my friends that are pissburgh fans don't want sweed.

Sweed sort of reminds me of Plaxico Burress in his early days. Tons of potential but just can't get it going. You ever watch that Family Guy episode where Stewie clones himself and it turns out Retarded. Well you take Plaxico, clone him, get an even more Retarded result and there you go.....LIMAS SWEED!!!!

i hope that the bum-fuq police dept doesn't screw up the investigation and he gets what he deserves.

It sounds like the police are doing a good job.

They aren't giving the media nothing, which is good, it keeps the circus atmosphere to a minimum and the reporters from botching up the investigation.

exactly. what most people don't realize is that rape is more often about power than sexual desire. also, rape is often not an isolated incident. it is a pattern of behavior. i'll wait until the verdict is handed-down to judge ben, but based on his past, his statement, and my education on the psychology of rape, it looks really grim for him. also, if he did rape that girl, i hope that the bum-fuq police dept doesn't screw up the investigation and he gets what he deserves.

You hit the nail on the head about Power and Control being the basis for most sexual offending behaviors. As I already stated Ben has a reputation of being a real arrogant person in public. The signs are definitely there!!! Vick got nailed for animal abuse, if this is true it's many times worse! If he did what he is accused of he needs tossed in jail ASAP. Then again there's Dante Stallworth??????

Quick Question, Where did all the Steeler fans go.... Seriously.

a guy who works in my dept is a big steeler fan and him and i talk a bunch of shit to each other year round. he is not standing with ben on this. he's disgusted. this same guy is the biggest kobe bryant fan on the planet as well.

a guy who works in my dept is a big steeler fan and him and i talk a bunch of shit to each other year round. he is not standing with Ben on this. he's disgusted. this same guy is the biggest Kobe Bryant fan on the planet as well.

LOL, sounds like the guys on many band wagons, including the one filled with rapist.

Here's his version of the story?????

http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisberge....2.1552133.html

His version of the story seems pretty weak! He has enough money...he could've at least hired a writer to make up a better story than that!

I don't wish anything bad on the guy, but all signs point to G-U-I-L-T-Y! I don't see how charges won't get pressed!

Quick Question, Where did all the Steeler fans go.... Seriously.

You seriously looking for people to defend Ben? Many Steeler fans right now want him gone if this is anyway true.

You seriously looking for people to defend Ben?

Oh there around trust me.

Just seems funny they went into hiding for some odd reason, maybe they are at walmart buying Dennis Dixon jerseys?

Many Steeler fans right now want him gone if this is anyway true.

Naaaaah, they are just truly wondering how deep the Rooney's pockets really are.

This ones going to cost'em..... more than the last two super bowls combined.

Dude Its NOT Rape. Its an arrogant Rich Dickhead taking advantage of his fame. Combined with a chick who either felt bad after the fact or more than likely SET HIS ASS UP ! Rape ?? No... dudes that get Free booty all the time dont Rape girls. If he was some kind of serial Rapist women would be lining up by now. And I am NOT defending him , he pisses me off and I wont wear his jersey again. But he is not a rapist.

Dude Its NOT Rape. Its an arrogant Rich Dickhead taking advantage of his fame. Combined with a chick who either felt bad after the fact or more than likely SET HIS ASS UP ! Rape ?? No... dudes that get Free booty all the time dont Rape girls. If he was some kind of serial Rapist women would be lining up by now. And I am NOT defending him , he pisses me off and I wont wear his jersey again. But he is not a rapist.

Well then the moral of the story is be a tad more selective on who you're having sex with.

I'd be more forgiving if Ben didn't already have the other civil lawsuit to deal with.

you're an idiot if you believe a word of this. this is just sickening.

Look, we shouldn't be joking about this matter. It could be two wenches in a row just wanted to "win the lottery" with a bogus lawsuit.

It happens all the time.

Rothlicksbooger is innocent until proven guilty, and laughing about his misfortune, whether he caused it or not,

is inappropriate. Maybe he was a steeler on steriouds too or something....

Just because he has had this happen TWICE doesn't......... mean.....we.....

dammit.

LOL, in unbelief !

eh. sorry. @@

HERE'S WHAT A WELL KNOWN LONGTIME PITTSBURGH SPORTSCASTER HAS TO SAY:

As we've mentioned a time or two this week, the tide of public opinion in Pittsburgh has turned dramatically against Ben Roethlisberger in the wake of a second allegation of sexual assault.

Local talk radio has featured plenty of anecdotal evidence regarding generally boorish behavior from Big Ben (we've heard a couple of stories that we possibly will be posting, once they are vetted by the PFT legal team -- i.e., me), and his defenders are becoming fewer and farther between.

Perhaps most jarring is the maiden blog voyage of long-time, old-school Pittsburgh sportscaster John Steigerwald, who spent more than two decades on KDKA-TV, who has hosted radio in the Pittsburgh area, and who currently appears on a weekly Sunday night show on WTAE-TV.

Here's what Steigerwald says about Roethlisberger: "First of all, none of this surprises me. Ben is a bad citizen. He doesn't know how to treat people and he definitely doesn't know how to handle being the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. In my more than 30 years of working in the Pittsburgh sports media, I have never had any player come close to generating as many unsolicited questions from fans as Roethlisberger has. They want to know why he's such a jackass. And these aren't just Steelers fans who got turned down for an autograph. It's men and women from all walks of life."

Steigerwald specifically points to a Make-A-Wish child that Roethlisberger blew off. Per Steigerwald, KDKA opted not to pursue the matter as a news story. Steigerwald later spoke to the parents, who did not want to go public on behalf of their daughter, who had cystic fibrosis.

Steigerwald's verdict? "Roethlisberger is a punk who needs to be knocked down a peg or two."

As a general matter, Pittsburgh-area sportscasters tread lightly when it comes to the Steelers, if they value access and cooperation from the organization. Steigerwald's atypical candor is a sign that, when it comes to Big Ben, the local journalists have either gotten a nod from the team to take off the gloves, or they just don't care.

Archived