THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Ben Accused of Rape... again

DAWGPOUND16

Just to move this back on topic, the police request for DNA has been withdrawn, meaning that there was either no identifiable dna to be compared to, or something else has closed that door of inquiry...Any thoughts on that? Under the table payoff maybe?

Sexual assault is different than rape in that it doesn't have to be sex, just a sexual act. DNA probably can't be collected to prove the act they are accusing him of.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You boys see this? Looks like hush money hard at work.

NFL.com Wire Reports

Police haven't been able to re-interview Ben Roethlisberger's accuser in a Georgia sexual-assault case, Pittsburgh television station KDKA reported Wednesday, citing sources close to the investigation.

KDKA reported that the 20-year-old female college student has declined to speak with investigators since the night of the incident and skipped a scheduled meeting last week. One source told KDKA that the investigation appears to have hit a brick wall.

More on Roethlisberger

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday that plans to soon meet with

Ben Roethlisberger because "I am concerned that Ben continues to put himself in this position." More ...

» Tomlin says he talks with Big Ben daily

The news came one day after the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that Roethlisberger wouldn't be required to provide a DNA sample to Georgia authorities.

Ed Garland, Roethlisberger's attorney, told The Associated Press on Tuesday night that officials withdrew the request a week ago. He declined to comment on why.

Roethlisberger is accused of sexually assaulting the woman in a Milledgeville, Ga., nightclub in the early hours of March 5.

Roethlisberger also is facing a lawsuit in Nevada after a woman accused him of raping her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel. Roethlisberger also denies that allegation and has sued for counter-damages.

Roethlisberger hasn't been charged in either case, although the most recent accusation is still under investigation by the Georgia Bureau of Investigations.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Look, she is starting to get the picture that this case will be very stressful and difficult to battle a high profile star who can afford the best legal counsel. It is a shame because WE ALL KNOW DAMN WELL that he assaulted her in some way, but she seems unwilling to go through it, probably taking a settlement instead. Unfortunately money wins the battle and squelches the truth too often.

Ben is a flat-out dick, no question about it. He works hard at getting under-aged girls drunk and hope his fame carries him the rest of the way "IN".

He should be ashamed to call himself a Christian(which I have seen him do, at least implicitly).

Like always your wrong again. It's a 15 yard penalty.

Do you always make stuff up as you go?

You are only partially right, but only because of semantics.

Cut blocks (where an offensive player blocks a defensive player below the waist, often in a diving fashion) are legal. Cut blocks are often called chop blocks, even when legal.

The “Chop Block” penalty is called when doing an cut block illegally. An illegal cut block is performed when doing a cut block on a defender that is already being blocked by another offensive player.

Well lets get it straight then A cut block is done by diving at the players legs to trip them up. Most often see done by Db's on running backs for fear of wrapping up and getting run over.

Chop blocks are when a defender is already tied up in a block and another player dives into the defenders legs.

Most often executed by Ward.

Clipping is a block from behind to the legs. But not the same as an illegal block to the back.

I'm sure spoogeback will say yeah I meant to say cut block.

SOUR GRAPES... I will just Chuckle when Hines strolls into the HOF in Canton before a Mass of Fans clad in Black and Gold. (ROAR)

HMM, he will be a borderline case, considering all the other good to great receivers playing in the same era, like Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, T.O., Anquan Boldin, Isaac Bruce, Tori Holt, Tony Gonzales. He might make it. He has a case, but then he might get surpassed and ovelooked by other younger, better receivers while he is waiting. The likes of Larry Fitgerald, Andre Johnson, etc.

Note that Chris Carter and Tim Brown are still waiting.

The security tapes in that club have been mysteriously taped over. It looks like Big Ben will be getting off again. But this time, it's conensual. Everyone's involved.

It's more like they were raped with money. Nothing consensual, just forced to cover something up.

It's more like they were raped with money. Nothing consensual, just forced to cover something up.

That's what ben was doing when he traveled back to Georgia and was never interviewed by police. He was running around bribing everybody.

i look at it this way. if the girl was raped.............or even truly sexually assaulted then there should be NO amount of money that could shut here up.

her and women like her take away from the truly horrible nature of an actual rape when they make false accusations. like this.

perfect example is Ben. he will forever be labeled by this even though the first case was so ludicrous as to be laughable and the second girl can't even find time in her busy schedule to go and give a statement agains the guy that she accused of violating her sexually.

honestly both those women should be having charges filed against them. Ben will deal with this for the rest of his life. these women get to go on with their lives as if nothing hapened...............wich it didn't, to them at least.

i look at it this way. if the girl was raped.............or even truly sexually assaulted then there should be NO amount of money that could shut here up.

her and women like her take away from the truly horrible nature of an actual rape when they make false accusations. like this.

perfect example is Ben. he will forever be labeled by this even though the first case was so ludicrous as to be laughable and the second girl can't even find time in her busy schedule to go and give a statement agains the guy that she accused of violating her sexually.

honestly both those women should be having charges filed against them. Ben will deal with this for the rest of his life. these women get to go on with their lives as if nothing hapened...............wich it didn't, to them at least.

Not quite. If the victim's legal council is telling her it's a no win situation, than they will suggest getting as much money as they can out of him and move on with her life as soon as possible. It's much better for the victim to do that than to drag on a court case for a year only to see him get probation and counseling and leaving the victim with nothing but legal bills.

It really is a joke. I know a lot of times girls regret something they did when they were drunk and justify it by saying they were forced but, the fact that this is #2 and that he said "she fell and hit her head" makes in seem really fishy. How many times have you heard of kids with bruises and the parents saying they fell? Or women with black eyes or fat lips saying they fell? Ben has issues and although we don't know the severity of the assualt, something happened that night and he should get punished. But of course, he won't.

If it were any of us, we would be in custody during the entire investigation that would have taken about 3 days before we get thrown on jail for two years and have to register as a sex offender.

G Starts Catch Yardage Per Rec. Long

Career 186 150 895 10947 12.2 78 85 Hines Ward

Career 165 143 537 8723 16.2 63 74 John Stallworth

Career 255 202 1094 14934 13.7 100 80 T Brown

Career 234 217 951 13198 13.9 87 83 Andre reed

Interesting ...Ward WELL Below them in Time Spent playing. And they also could both make it in at some point. Ward seems much more Productive in his Opportunities . Add to that the Beastly Blocking ...Super Bowls wins and a SB MVP. I think he is in. I see what your saying though.

I bet he gets in. G Starts Catch Yardage Per Rec. Long

Career 186 150 895 10947 12.2 78 85 Hines Ward

Career 165 143 537 8723 16.2 63 74 John Stallworth

*different ERAs yes. But Hines has had a Hell of a Career

Like I said, borderline. Hard to compare guys from different eras like Ward and Stallworth. The game has opened so much more offensively since Stallworth's time. Like I said, Ward may have 6 or 8 other WRs he may be competing for for HOF recognition. I am not saying he doesn't have an argument. Timing could be crucial to him. Who is he competing against. That timing is working against the likes of Andre Reed and Tim Brown right now. The same could happen to Ward 5 -15 years after he retires.

Lawyer for one of Ben's bodyguards makes predictable claim

Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2010 7:47 PM ET

While sifting through the suddenly-constant updates in the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault case, I came across an item from Gary Mihoces of USA Today titled "Analyst: 'Just no way to prosecute' Ben Roethlisberger case."

My first thought was to see who the analyst is, and to understand why he or she believes that there's "no way to prosecute" Roethlisberger. As it turns out, the "analyst" represents one of the two off-duty police officers who moonlight as Ben's bodyguards.

"That tells me what I've thought all along," Michael Santicola said regarding the news that police had withdrawn a request for DNA evidence. "There's just no way to prosecute this case. There's no crime."

Santicola, who represents Anthony Barravecchio, is hardly an "analyst." Santicola is an "advocate," because his client eventually could be charged as an "accessory."

Consider the most recent report from ESPN's Kelly Naqi, who writes that one of the two Big Ben bodyguards was blocking the path that led to the bathroom in which the alleged incident occurred.

Another attorney with whom Mihoces spoke, who has no apparent connection to the case, offered a different view. "DNA only becomes important if the person that's been accused said, 'Look I was no where near the girl, we never had any physical contact and she's making all this up,'" said Atlanta lawyer Page Pate.

That's the point we've been making. There's no need for DNA evidence if, as has been reported, Roethsliberger admitted to engaging in sexual contact with the alleged victim.

More importantly, there's no reason to regard as persuasive or unbiased the opinion of a lawyer who has a client with an obvious interest in seeing this thing go away.

having this take precedence on THE BROWNS BOARD is pretty indicative of how much fans of opposing rivalry teams HATE that teams' players.

listen the guy sounds like a real creep who'd xxxx a snake if you held it's head, but at the same time he's young, a millionaire and obviously likes to get it on. that doesn't make him guilty. DUMB? yes. you know who else is dumb in this case? the stupid girl who thought it would be cool to get free drinks from an nfl player. why do you buy girls drinks? cuz you hope down the line it might lead to you getting some of that ass. a bathroom? really? not that weird though. hey, if you haven't got a bj from your girl riding down the highway or on the picnic table at night there's something wrong with you. give the guy a break. we're all too willing to judge somebody before anything has been proven. would you like to be tried and convicted in the court of public opinion for every dumb boner move you ever made? hells no.

having this take precedence on THE BROWNS BOARD is pretty indicative of how much fans of opposing rivalry teams HATE that teams' players.

listen the guy sounds like a real creep who'd xxxx a snake if you held it's head, but at the same time he's young, a millionaire and obviously likes to get it on. that doesn't make him guilty. DUMB? yes. you know who else is dumb in this case? the stupid girl who thought it would be cool to get free drinks from an nfl player. why do you buy girls drinks? cuz you hope down the line it might lead to you getting some of that ass. a bathroom? really? not that weird though. hey, if you haven't got a bj from your girl riding down the highway or on the picnic table at night there's something wrong with you. give the guy a break. we're all too willing to judge somebody before anything has been proven. would you like to be tried and convicted in the court of public opinion for every dumb boner move you ever made? hells no.

You said it DUMB. As in Young DUMB and full of... well you know where thats going. Ben needs to understand the Problem is being an NFL QB for a successful Team. Its NOT a thing your employer is going to just say "Hey hes a DUMB Kid " , truth he needs to become a Man and control himself . Or his Legacy wont be SUPER BOWL rings , it will be QBs Gone Wild ...

why do you buy girls drinks? cuz you hope down the line it might lead to you getting some of that ass. a bathroom? really? not that weird though. hey, if you haven't got a bj from your girl riding down the highway or on the picnic table at night there's something wrong with you.

Just because you buy'em drinks don't mean your getting any gina at the end of the night no matter who you are.

Some bitches just want to get drunk for free it's happened to everyone, maybe ben realized this and took some anyway.

But you are comparing ben's incident's too getting laid in a car or on the picnic table consensually way different.

Just because you buy'em drinks don't mean your getting any gina at the end of the night no matter who you are.

Some bitches just want to get drunk for free it's happened to everyone, maybe ben realized this and took some anyway.

But you are comparing ben's incident's too getting laid in a car or on the picnic table consensually way different.

no brother, what i am sayinfg is that it could be you or me. you being the debonair qb for an opposing team, and i, just a schlub graphic artist in ny. hey if it's consensual who cares where it;s done. half the preachers nowadays have to be monitored, and they play in the gay league.. i think everyone here, fan or foe, realize there's a lot more to come out of this story. my point is. don't be the first to cast the stone when living in such a glass house!!!!!

BREAKING: Fellow Stooler Hines Ward alleged that Roethlisberger anally raped him in the shower after games. Ward, in a tearful press conference (pictured left) is quoted as saying "He kept telling me that this is what teammates do and not to tell anyone." Roethlisberger has denied the charges stating "I may have accidentally bumped into Hines a few times in the shower after games, but no one takes it seriously." A teammate that declined to reveal his identity has confirmed Roethlisberger's version of events that occur in the locker room by stating "Man, there is some real homo shit that goes down in there after games."

BREAKING: Fellow Stooler Hines Ward alleged that Roethlisberger anally raped him in the shower after games. Ward, in a tearful press conference (pictured left) is quoted as saying "He kept telling me that this is what teammates do and not to tell anyone." Roethlisberger has denied the charges stating "I may have accidentally bumped into Hines a few times in the shower after games, but no one takes it seriously." A teammate that declined to reveal his identity has confirmed Roethlisberger's version of events that occur in the locker room by stating "Man, there is some real homo shit that goes down in there after games."

You have Issues Bone...lol

Archived