THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Ben Accused of Rape... again

DAWGPOUND16

For the top link, look at the first 4 pictures. All of them are at 3:09. That's not a lot of time at all. Than take a look at the very bottom picture. You can tell it was taken at 3:07. So from the time he starting lining up his block (during the play,as the carrier is pulling the much smaller DB down field) to when the block is completely finished is all of two seconds. Depending on the angle the ref had I conclude the whistle should have been blown in the 2nd or 3rd picture. Ward is clearly at a point where he is unable to pull up at all by the 4th picture.....Keep in mind in from the 1st picture (while the ball carrier was advancing) to the 2nd/3rd picture (when the whistle should have been blown) to the 4th picture (Ward engages the defender) all happened in less than one second (the clock reads 3:09 in all the pictures)...How was that block late? Ward had no way to pull up... Assuming the whistle was blown just as the ball carrier was tackled (not delayed even a tenth of a second) Ward had much less than a second to stop from going full speed.

Your are right, for the fines levied agianst Ward most weren't flag...but not by mistake....by rule. Goodell says he retains the right to fine players for actions he deems dangerous. The refs must call the game by the book. How is Ward supposed to know what warrants a fine even if the rulebook doesn't flag it? Ward asked Goodell, but didn't get an answer...Here's the link..... Ward played by the rulebook, Goodell fines by his opinion...Ward's hit on Rivers didn't draw a fine, but Ward got fined for two hit against the Ravens when nothing jumped out as what drew the fine...Like the link said, Tomlin and Ward were never told why he was fined for the Ravens game. When the rules don't forbid it, and Goodell is wildly inconsistant at fining it and usually refuses to give any explaination, how is Ward (Or Tomlin, or other players, or fans etc...) supposed to know what actions are okay?

Silvercock, what on God's green earth does this have to do with Big Ben forcing himself on women?

If you want to start a "Hines Ward is really manly and I love him" thread, go ahead and do so on te Steeler Board whence you came.

Zombo

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[qu

Your are right, for the fines levied agianst Ward most weren't flag...but not by mistake....by rule. Goodell says he retains the right to fine players for actions he deems dangerous. The refs must call the game by the book. How is Ward supposed to know what warrants a fine even if the rulebook doesn't flag it? Ward asked Goodell, but didn't get an answer...Here's the link..... Ward played by the rulebook, Goodell fines by his opinion...Ward's hit on Rivers didn't draw a fine, but Ward got fined for two hit against the Ravens when nothing jumped out as what drew the fine...Like the link said, Tomlin and Ward were never told why he was fined for the Ravens game. When the rules don't forbid it, and Goodell is wildly inconsistant at fining it and usually refuses to give any explaination, how is Ward (Or Tomlin, or other players, or fans etc...) supposed to know what actions are okay?

Quackk, Quack, Quack.

If it were one time, I might buy it, but 4 times? Neither I nor the NFL are buying your excuses.

Hines Ward should come out in a bathing suit with a sash across him that says: NFL Mr. Cheap Shot 2008.

Silvercock, what on God's green earth does this have to do with Big Ben forcing himself on women?

If you want to start a "Hines Ward is really manly and I love him" thread, go ahead and do so on te Steeler Board whence you came.

Zombo

In His defense, It was just a related topic that came up.

You know, as is "Hines Ward uses his helmet to commit illegal penetration on NFL players, and Ben R. uses his "helmet" (see Urban Dictionary for definition) to commit illegal penetration on college coeds.

Ya follow?

Zombo

What thread has ever made it to 19 pages and not been about an entirely different topic then the original post? <_<

[qu

Quackk, Quack, Quack.

If it were one time, I might buy it, but 4 times? Neither I nor the NFL are buying your excuses.

Hines Ward should come out in a bathing suit with a sash across him that says: NFL Mr. Cheap Shot 2008.

The NFL admitts 60% of fines that are handed out didn't draw a flag. Link to the 60% thing and Ward's (and my) point of view on the whole issue. Ward further explains the hypocrisy with all the fines.

The NFL admitts 60% of fines that are handed out didn't draw a flag. Link to the 60% thing and Ward's (and my) point of view on the whole issue. Ward further explains the hypocrisy with all the fines.

The NFL though still fined all those guys didn't they? But only Whines Hard seems to whine hard about it.

Again, it goes back to the failure to control matter.....everybody else has driven down that road and controlled their vehicle. Why couldn't he? Because he is reckless. There are 1695 other players in the NFL who all are under just as much scrutiny from the NFL police, and though a few of them also get their tickets, NO ONE apparently gets more than this guy does. The Dude has the proverbial lead foot. Only a suspension will apparently get him to let off the gas.

The NFL though still fined all those guys didn't they? But only Whines Hard seems to whine hard about it.

Again, it goes back to the failure to control matter.....everybody else has driven down that road and controlled their vehicle. Why couldn't he? Because he is reckless. There are 1695 other players in the NFL who all are under just as much scrutiny from the NFL police, and though a few of them also get their tickets, NO ONE apparently gets more than this guy does. The Dude has the proverbial lead foot. Only a suspension will apparently get him to let off the gas.

I don't know if you have heard, but Ward is not the only one in the league who have taken issue with Goodells fining of legal hits. He is just the only offensive player.

I see another problem with your analogy. You compare crashing off the road with Ward making devastating blocks. Crashing your car is frowned upon; although, in football making huged blocks are a good thing. If it's not against the rules it shouldn't be frowned upon. Can you blame a player for giving 100% everyplay and doing everything within the rules to help his team?

The biggest problem Ward has is Goodell's inconsistant fines without clear explainations. Now that set rules have been put into place Ward knows what he can and can't do. A suspension is not needed, Goodell just needs to not fine actions HIS rulebook allows.

Keeping with a driving analogy, imagine you are going 25 in 25 mph zone. You don't have any major problems with your car and you aren't in violation of any laws while your driving. (You are playing within all the rules) A cop pulls you over and fines you $10,000 and tells you your fine is for driving in an "intimidating manner". (Just as Goodell has done to players) Of course, you are going to take this very vague violation to court. (Just as players can appeal their fines) When you get to court (as a player would meet with Goodell and other league officials) they tell you 60% of the tickets they hand out aren't in violation of any laws and repeat the some bs the cop told you, still not actually clearing anything up.

Players, coaches, owners or fans can't make sense of Goodell actions, and Goodell won't clear things up. Maybe you can. If you are able to put logic to either Goodells actions or my analogy than I will understand your point of view and know where Goodell is coming from. Until then I will continue being one of the many people who can't figure out how this is at all fair and conitue to criticize Goodell for it.

I don't know if you have heard, but Ward is not the only one in the league who have taken issue with Goodells fining of legal hits. He is just the only offensive player.

I see another problem with your analogy. You compare crashing off the road with Ward making devastating blocks. Crashing your car is frowned upon; although, in football making huged blocks are a good thing. If it's not against the rules it shouldn't be frowned upon. Can you blame a player for giving 100% everyplay and doing everything within the rules to help his team?

The biggest problem Ward has is Goodell's inconsistant fines without clear explainations. Now that set rules have been put into place Ward knows what he can and can't do. A suspension is not needed, Goodell just needs to not fine actions HIS rulebook allows.

Keeping with a driving analogy, imagine you are going 25 in 25 mph zone. You don't have any major problems with your car and you aren't in violation of any laws while your driving. (You are playing within all the rules) A cop pulls you over and fines you $10,000 and tells you your fine is for driving in an "intimidating manner". (Just as Goodell has done to players) Of course, you are going to take this very vague violation to court. (Just as players can appeal their fines) When you get to court (as a player would meet with Goodell and other league officials) they tell you 60% of the tickets they hand out aren't in violation of any laws and repeat the some bs the cop told you, still not actually clearing anything up.

Players, coaches, owners or fans can't make sense of Goodell actions, and Goodell won't clear things up. Maybe you can. If you are able to put logic to either Goodells actions or my analogy than I will understand your point of view and know where Goodell is coming from. Until then I will continue being one of the many people who can't figure out how this is at all fair and conitue to criticize Goodell for it.

Are you going to have this many excuses when the Steelers go 7-9 next year?

The league has labeled Ward a dirty player with their fines against him.

His peers have voted him the dirtiest player in the league.

Walk, talk, duck, quack.

Only you don't seem to get it.

Walk, talk, duck, quack.

They aren't excuses; they are the factual reasons.

Yeah, you've said Ward is a dirty player over and over. I know your opinion. Now it's time to back it up. I explained why many players have targetted Ward with their vote. I have quoted Chad OchoCinco defending Ward actions, most specifically his hit on Rivers. I have pointed out the hypocrisy of Goodell's fines. I am opened minded on any topic, just prove where my logic is flawed and your is correct. If you can put logic to Goodell's fines ( as I explained it the previous post) I will adopt your opinion. You control the ball, can you put it through the hoop or will it end up in the crowd?

Shall I mark you down as predicting a 7-9 for the Steelers next year?

Yeah, you've said Ward is a dirty player over and over. I know your opinion. Now it's time to back it up. I explained why many players have targetted Ward with their vote. I have quoted Chad OchoCinco defending Ward actions, most specifically his hit on Rivers. I have pointed out the hypocrisy of Goodell's fines. I am opened minded on any topic, just prove where my logic is flawed and your is correct. If you can put logic to Goodell's fines ( as I explained it the previous post) I will adopt your opinion. You control the ball, can you put it through the hoop or will it end up in the crowd?

I’ve been staying out of this conversation, because until now, it wasn’t worth my time. But here’s the deal…

When players are polled, and certain players are targeted as being dirty, but others aren’t, by a majority of players, then something has to be said to that. Otherwise, every aggressive and blocking receiver will also be targeted.

Every offensive lineman who chop blocks will be targeted.

But they aren’t. Only a select few players out of the almost 2,000 players on active rosters are targeted.

Ward happens to be one of them.

What more proof do you want?

If you are looking for clear, forensic evidence, you’ll be looking for a long time, and you will also be deluding yourself to the fact that Ward is dirty. You may like it, cause he’s on your team. I assure you if there was a Brown who was dirty, but he destroyed a Steeler, I’d enjoy it too.

Hockey fans love their own thugs, but hate other team’s thugs.

Fact is, Ward is a thug, but he’s yours.

Sorry but you decided to punt on 1st and ten.

You should get docked points for even quoting Ocho Cinco, no one cares what comes out of his flapping gums or what he thinks and thats is his Opinion not a fact... get it right.

Roger is the law of the land now if he or whoever else reviews the games and they feel it deserves a fine then they get fined.

Your Qb is a serial rapist

Your team is on steroids

And Ward is overrated and a dirty player.

Walk, talk, duck, quack.

I thought women had an excuse for everthing but he has them beat.

You should get docked points for even quoting Ocho Cinco, no one cares what comes out of his flapping gums or what he thinks and thats is his Opinion not a fact... get it right.

exactly right!!

Roger is the law of the land now if he or whoever else reviews the games and they feel it deserves a fine then they get fined.

hey i hate their team but i wouldn't put that label on him......yet.

Your team is on steroids

proven fact!

oh hells yes!! he's a PUNK!!

Here is a clue for you: Perception is reality. Being called a "dirty player" is a simply a reflection of his perception by his peers. You are what you eat. He got his reputation amongst his peers by his constant blindsiding blocks....whether they were technically legal or not, that is what his fellow players view him as, a blindsiding cheapshot. The league backed up their view apparently with their fines....and ergo, my view, I guess. Though, my view is irrelevent and isn't really my view. I am only reporting what was voted by his peers, so my view doesn't need backing up. I got it from them. If you want it backed up, go ask them..

And no, I am not making any predictions about the Steelers record. (Only that if in fact it is 7-9, that you will make excuses for it)

I’ve been staying out of this conversation, because until now, it wasn’t worth my time. But here’s the deal…

When players are polled, and certain players are targeted as being dirty, but others aren’t, by a majority of players, then something has to be said to that. Otherwise, every aggressive and blocking receiver will also be targeted.

Every offensive lineman who chop blocks will be targeted.

But they aren’t. Only a select few players out of the almost 2,000 players on active rosters are targeted.

Ward happens to be one of them.

What more proof do you want?

If you are looking for clear, forensic evidence, you’ll be looking for a long time, and you will also be deluding yourself to the fact that Ward is dirty. You may like it, cause he’s on your team. I assure you if there was a Brown who was dirty, but he destroyed a Steeler, I’d enjoy it too.

Hockey fans love their own thugs, but hate other team’s thugs.

Fact is, Ward is a thug, but he’s yours.

Fighting is condoned in hockey, just like Ward's blocks are in the NFL.

That's part of my point. O-lineman aren't singled out for chop blocking becuase chop blocking is allowed by rule. Ward is singled out for taking actions that were also legal. That's not being fair toward Ward. Defensive back's are used to lighting up recievers, but they don't like it when the tables are turned. Linebackers like lining up to bull rush lineman and crush a qb who can't see it coming, but they don't like it when the tables are turned.

Your opinion and the opinions of many NFL players (mosty defenders) may be, and is, that the type of hits Ward likes to make are dirty. I'm not going to knock someone for their opinion. But don't call Ward dirty for playing by the rules. That's an oxymoron and it's not his fault the rules have been that way since the beginingn of the NFL. You can make they point that the rulebook is allowing dangerous hits and that it should be changed, (Although, I make the case Rivers is the only player to ever sustian serious injury from those types of hits) but don't blame certian players for playing by the rules all players agreed to play by.

Of course, I'm more inclined to defend Ward as he is a Steeler, but I wouldn't call a Brown dirty for making a legal hit....Like McGinest's hit on Ben. I expect to hear trash talk about Steelers, but don't think Steeler fans will let it go unchallenged.

Here is a clue for you: Perception is reality. Being called a "dirty player" is a simply a reflection of his perception by his peers. You are what you eat. He got his reputation amongst his peers by his constant blindsiding blocks....whether they were technically legal or not, that is what his fellow players view him as, a blindsiding cheapshot. The league backed up their view apparently with their fines....and ergo, my view, I guess. Though, my view is irrelevent and isn't really my view. I am only reporting what was voted by his peers, so my view doesn't need backing up. I got it from them. If you want it backed up, go ask them..

And no, I am not making any predictions about the Steelers record. (Only that if in fact it is 7-9, that you will make excuses for it)

The players are wrong to blame Ward for doing what the rulebook allows him to do. When they signed their contracts they agreed to follow all league and team rules on and off the field. If they had a problem with the rule then, they should have brought it up when they signed their contract. If they had a problem with it after they realized Ward doesn't hesitate to hit them just as they aim to hit him, they should have spoke out against the rule. Ward never complained about another player for playing by the rules, other players should do the same for Ward. Ward is a scapegoat for rules players didn't like, despite agreeing to play by.

The players are wrong to blame Ward for doing what the rulebook allows him to do. When they signed their contracts they agreed to follow all league and team rules on and off the field. If they had a problem with the rule then, they should have brought it up when they signed their contract. If they had a problem with it after they realized Ward doesn't hesitate to hit them just as they aim to hit him, they should have spoke out against the rule. Ward never complained about another player for playing by the rules, other players should do the same for Ward. Ward is a scapegoat for rules players didn't like, despite agreeing to play by.

Hines will be a 1st Ballot Hall of Fame player. Bitch all you want , it just more sour Grapes. You dont become a winner in this world by being a Puss. My guess is Mike Holmgren will be telling the Browns something similar to that. As my Platoon Drill Sgt. in Boot Camp used to say 100 times a day, "Get Tough or DIE Delta Company , Get tough or DIE " Hines Ward would have been Loved by Sgt. Terpin.

Your team is on steroids

Isn't it just a bunch of player's opinions that Ward is dirty? Not to mention a Bengal is most likely to have biased in defense of Rivers, yet still sides with Ward.

But like I have made very clear before, Goodell has been extremely inconsistant when it comes to fining players. Ward's hit on Rivers didn't draw a fine, but other hits when the defender could see Ward taking a 5 yard head start at him that resulted in no contact from Ward's helmet has drwan fines before. How is anyone supposed to know what is acceptable and what is not? ......I'll answer that....Ward could (a.) ask Goodell for an explaination (b.) reference the rulebook......Ward did both. Goodell refused to clearify what he will fine and what he sees as okay.....The rulebook didn't have anything making what Ward was doing fineable or flaggable.

Isn't it just a bunch of player's opinions that Ward is dirty? Not to mention a Bengal is most likely to have biased in defense of Rivers, yet still sides with Ward.

But like I have made very clear before, Goodell has been extremely inconsistant when it comes to fining players. Ward's hit on Rivers didn't draw a fine, but other hits when the defender could see Ward taking a 5 yard head start at him that resulted in no contact from Ward's helmet has drwan fines before. How is anyone supposed to know what is acceptable and what is not? ......I'll answer that....Ward could (a.) ask Goodell for an explaination (b.) reference the rulebook......Ward did both. Goodell refused to clearify what he will fine and what he sees as okay.....The rulebook didn't have anything making what Ward was doing fineable or flaggable.

SOUR GRAPES... I will just Chuckle when Hines strolls into the HOF in Canton before a Mass of Fans clad in Black and Gold. (ROAR)

Looks like Ben is innocent...chec out kdka.com and read the latest on Ben.....sry....I'm on my blackberry and can't post link...The accuser will not talk to police concerning the case anymore...Looks like she is a liar and afraid of getting into trouble.

If this is true She got some $$$ Then. I am a Steeler fan , but its the same as Kobe. Cash will stifle up someone , and especially if that was the intention from jump street ( Yes of Naieve Haters , it could be a well played move by a smart 20 yr old) .

And no offense but IF You are a girl and willfully enter a Ladies room with a Man , in front of 2 off duty Police officers. Hard to Prove some kind of assault. He wasn't going to provide moral support while she battled constipation. Come on wake up oh sleepers and dreamers.

http://kdka.com/sports/Ben.Roethlisberger.....2.1587357.html

Says the man who defends thugs.

hmmm... A Man who has Blasted Ben from jump-street (Me) for being an imbecile who puts himself in Idiot positions ?? Now i dont think he Raped anyone that lunacy , but he still has issues and needs to grow up. So , yes Your still a Retard ! LOL...

Archived