Sign in to follow this  
hammertime

Too soon for draft talk??

Don't get me wrong...I'd love Curry but Haven't seen him play ILB....WE have a crater size hole in the middle.

But at this Point.... do think , Any LB is better than what we have as well

Guest Aloysius
Don't get me wrong...I'd love Curry but Haven't seen him play ILB....WE have a crater size hole in the middle.

I don't think that's much of a concern. Guys like Jon Beason & Demeco Ryans played OLB in college, yet they've become excellent 4-3 MLB's in the NFL.

And we drafted Beau Bell to play 3-4 ILB last year despite the fact that he primarily played weakside linebacker at UNLV.

Size, style of play, and hand usage are much better determinants of whether a guy can play 3-4 ILB. It'd be nice to see Curry play ILB, but I don't think it's necessary based on how good he looks playing SLB (and some 9 technique, which is similar to 3-4 OLB).

I don't think that's much of a concern. Guys like Jon Beason & Demeco Ryans played OLB in college, yet they've become excellent 4-3 MLB's in the NFL.

And we drafted Beau Bell to play 3-4 ILB last year despite the fact that he primarily played weakside linebacker at UNLV.

Size, style of play, and hand usage are much better determinants of whether a guy can play 3-4 ILB. It'd be nice to see Curry play ILB, but I don't think it's necessary based on how good he looks playing SLB (and some 9 technique, which is similar to 3-4 OLB).

good point....Rey is my choice in 09'

Guest Aloysius

Interesting profile of FSU DE-OLB Everette Brown:

Just ask his defensive coordinator, Mickey Andrews, who said Brown might be having one of the best seasons by a defensive end in the history of the program.

"He has a great burst," Andrews said. "He gets off the ball really well. He gets a good jump. Running a 4.5 (40-yard dash) doesn't hurt him. We have backs who don't do that — defensive backs . . . He got stronger this summer, really worked on his strength, and I think you see a more determined player right now than you did last year, too. That is a very strong compliment for him."

The former basketball player now bench-presses 500 pounds, which means he now has numerous ways to make an offensive lineman look silly. He can speed rush past them, he can bull-rush them into the quarterback, or he could use a lightning-quick spin move that leaves them blocking air.

"On the basketball court, I was a big spinner," Brown said. "I used to think I was Magic Johnson."

Okrapo or Curry with our 1st pick, who ever is still on the board.

Rashad Johnson (Bama safety) next: smart kid, quick & can tackle in the open field.

Okrapo or Curry with our 1st pick, who ever is still on the board.

Rashad Johnson (Bama safety) next: smart kid, quick & can tackle in the open field.

I like johnson alot as well...