THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs pull the trigger.

CIMO.

Cavs give up Ilgauskas and first rounder, get Jamison and point guard Sebastian Telfair.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/20...3-way_trad.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cavaliers have agreed in principle to a 3-team trade with the Washington Wizards and Los Angeles Clippers that brings forward Antawn Jamison to Cleveland, sources said Wednesday night.

The Cavaliers are sending Zydrunas Ilgauskas to the Wizards and this year's first-round draft pick to the Clippers as part of the trade. The Cavaliers are expected to receive Clippers point guard Sebastian Telfair as part of the package.

The Washington Post first reported the trade.

The Cavs made the move after they were unable to complete a trade with the Phoenix Suns for Amare Stoudemire. After nearly a week of talks the Cavs pushed for an answer Wednesday afternoon. Either they were told no or told to wait by Phoenix, who was hoping for better deals to mature.

So they moved on to Jamison, who has been one of their top trade targets since the fall.

Jamison, who is averaging 20.8 points and 8.8 rebounds for the Wizards, is the good-shooting power forward the Cavs have been looking for since last summer. He has two years and $28 million left on his contract, which prompted the Wizards to look to move him as part of a rebuilding process.

Telfair has played in 39 games this season, averaging 4.3 points and 2.9 assists.

I've actually liked Telfair since he was coming out of high school. He obviously hasn't lived up to the hype, but he seems like a great throw in. Kind of the exact opposite of Gibson....Telfair is a pure, pass-first point guard who can't shoot, but should be much better than anything we had at PG after Mo and Delonte.

We can expect a good 2 more years out of Jamison, and thats what we need. We get to keep JJ, the 1st rounder is a wash, we would have been selecting some dude that no one knows about anyway, like last year. Man all I know is, we have some incredible depth on this team. Also I hope we can get Z back. GO CAVS,

So since last year's Eastern Conference Finals team, the supporting cast has gone from

Ben Wallace

Wally Szcerbiak

Sasha Pavlovic

Joe Smith

Tarrence Kinsey

to

Shaquille O'Neal

Antawn Jamison

Anthony Parker

Jamario Moon

JJ Hickson and Jawad Williams (yeah, "techincally" they were here last year)

Leon Powe (returned to practice this week)

Sebastian Telfair

Just think about that.

So since last year's Eastern Conference Finals team, the supporting cast has gone from

Ben Wallace

Wally Szcerbiak

Sasha Pavlovic

Joe Smith

Tarrence Kinsey

to

Shaquille O'Neal

Antawn Jamison

Anthony Parker

Jamario Moon

JJ Hickson and Jawad Williams (yeah, "techincally" they were here last year)

Leon Powe (returned to practice this week)

Sebastian Telfair

Just think about that.

That is a good thing. Which is why we couldn't beat Orlando.

Does anyone think they got Jamison because of the thought that LeBron could leave. He's signed for 2 years?

personally i wanted amare more but thats me hes younger and better but thats my opion and we could have built around amare and jj if lebron left

a. JJ would've gone to Phoenix in that deal

b. If LeBron left it would take a lot more than Stoudemire, Mo, and Hickson to go all the way.

I was following Windhorsts twitter all day and what it came down to was Cleveland gave the Suns a deadline and Kerr must've thought we were bluffing. He said, "we're waiting" and Ferry said "Were moving on".

Ferry didn't want to get screwed by Kerr for the second year in a row. Last year the Cavs wanted a decision on Shaq before moving on to other deals and Kerr said no last minute.

So, I have a question. What happens when you add two all-star caliber players (Twan and Mo) to a team that has won 13 in a row including LA and Orlando and have the best record in basketball? I'm exited to find out.

Crime DOES pay after all & Danny Ferry is guilty of Grand Larceny!

What a sweet deal for the Cavs & their deserving fans. I don't think this move will hurt team chemistry either. I am one HAPPY Cavs fan!

Mike

just throwing it out there tho that if lebron is to leave we will have a huge cap to sign someone or 2 ppl to go along with amare mo and hickson

Alright I'll give you that.

The chances of Stoudemire and another big free-agent is very unlikely.

Hey, it's a moot point. Perfect trade in my opinion.

i don't see the point in complaining about getting aj and saying he's not as good as amare. making trades is not as easy as some people think it is. kerr isn't a cavs fan, he isn't one of us. he does what he does as the gm of the suns. ferry couldn't make a deal with kerr so he had no choice but to go to plan b.

plan b only cost the cavs a 1st rd draft pick (if z is bought out of his contract and comes back home). i don't see what the point is in comparing amare and aj. there's no need of crying about amare now and i'm happy with what we have.

i'm not worried about lbj leaving either. i've already discussed this a million times and really don't have a desire to get into yet another discussion about it, but i will just simply say this: why would lbj leave a great situation like the one he has in cleveland (great owner, gm and coach)to go to a rebuilding project in ny or nj? the cavs can pay lbj more loot than any other team, lbj is a loyal guy and loves winning with his family (teammates that he's loyal to) like he did in svsm, he WILL NOT get any more endorsements by going to ny or nj (proven fact!) and what would make lbj's legacy greater than turning a championship starved city like cleveland into a championship city?

If LeBron leaves, it doesn't matter. Amare wouldn't re-sign, and Hickson would be in Phoenix.

Jamison is a better fit for this team. By the time Jamison starts showing his age, Hickson should be ready to be the feature PF.

The team right now is a legit contender for the title this year, and the next two years if Shaq and LeBron re-sign.

In three years we'll look at the next step. No point worrying about it now.

In the summer of 2012, when Jamison's deal runs out and this "contention window" is closed.....Dwight Howard will be a free agent. Just sayin.

Be happy with where we are.

i don't see the point in complaining about getting aj and saying he's not as good as amare. making trades is not as easy as some people think it is. kerr isn't a cavs fan, he isn't one of us. he does what he does as the gm of the suns. ferry couldn't make a deal with kerr so he had no choice but to go to plan b.

plan b only cost the cavs a 1st rd draft pick (if z is bought out of his contract and comes back home). i don't see what the point is in comparing amare and aj. there's no need of crying about amare now and i'm happy with what we have.

You have to consider Kerr was likely asking too damn much for Stoudemire- and Ferry was in the position that unless it was a pretty lopsided deal in the Cavs favor there was no reason to break the bank to get Amare.

We are fortunate to have Danny Ferry. That guy is about as good a FO executive as possible.

He needs some serious props and league wide recognition.

Dan Gilbert needs to slip that guy a envelope with some 20 day cruise tickets and about 100k spending money.

You have to consider Kerr was likely asking too damn much for Stoudemire- and Ferry was in the position that unless it was a pretty lopsided deal in the Cavs favor there was no reason to break the bank to get Amare.

Has the deadline past? Did they get anything at all?

agreed. i think kerr asked for too much OR possibly was taking too long to make his decision. whatever the case was, ferry wasn't getting burned two years in a row.

Archived