THE BROWNS BOARD

The Blind Side Review

The Blind Side

Warner Bros

PG 13 123 min

Here's another one that puzzles me.

I understand that we all like a story of triumph over bad circumstances. The heroism among regular people is an inspiration to anyone.

Better still if that story is based on an actual series of events, even if they are often tweaked for the sake of drama. So I'm not shocked by some popularity.

The Academy Award nomination, on the other hand, is a bit odd.

This is the somewhat sanitized story of Michael Oher (Quinton Aaron) and his transformation from homeless teen to athletic and academic success in college and the NFL.

Oher. a kid with great natural athletic ability, attracts the attention of the coaching staff at a private school but also, more importantly a well to do family who takes him in.

He’s taken in by a society matron and her family, studies hard enough to be eligible for sports and recruited by many top colleges before getting drafted by the Baltimore Flying Rats (or Ravens as they're sometimes called.)

Now I don't know and I don't really care how accurate every detail of the story might be. It's a feel good tale and there's nothing wrong with that.

It stars Sandra Bullock who might not be a great actress but what the hell. She's cute and seems to be a nice person.

And for all the music fans there's Tim McGraw who can act at least as well as one would expect a country singer to act; even better if you remember Willie Nelson's thespian ventures.

The actual college athletic directors show up in cameo roles and that’s fun.

My gripe is that despite the good intentions and warm and fuzzy script this really is a mediocre film.

Why this one is a blockbuster and not the equally mundane EXTREME MEASURES is hard to figure but neither on rises above an afternoon housework respite on the Hallmark Channel.

C

WSS

• 2 months later...

I saw this last night, it was a nice story and all ... but i can't believe it was nominated for an academy award. It was barely a step above an Afterschool Special. The acting was stiff, the story and the direction was hokie ... nice little movie, nice little performance from Bullock .. but ACADEMY AWARD NOMINATED? it was just a sugury fluff piece and nothing else.

Zombo

WWS,

If two guys showed up at your house , One Pat Dailey and the other one Jim Brown and if they both pulled out their dicks

at the same time, which one would you trip over first to suck their dick?

That's WSS, but assuming you're a shitbird or Squeeler fan it's OK.

And it'd be "his" dick, not "their" but again, I digress.

(unless, of course you think most people share a common dick like back home)

So I'm, sorry but the question isn't very clear.

But if you're asking who I'd trip over I'll say Dailey. He's a smaller guy.

No wonder you liked THE BLIND SIDE, you aren't very smart.

Thanks

WSS (WWS to you)

That's WSS, but assuming you're a shitbird or Squeeler fan it's OK.

And it'd be "his" dick, not "their" but again, I digress.

(unless, of course you think most people share a common dick like back home)

So I'm, sorry but the question isn't very clear.

But if you're asking who I'd trip over I'll say Dailey. He's a smaller guy.

No wonder you liked THE BLIND SIDE, you aren't very smart.

Thanks

WSS (WWS to you)

WSS, you are one funny guy :lol:

Dude.

Two seperate accounts for this??

Seems like you'd want to have something better if you were going to the trouble.

And they clipped your sig!!

Damn.

WSS

Hey Steve no trouble at all. I think its hilarious that they "clip that sig". Must be embarrassing knowing the truth about the face of your franchise. I guess some smack just is off limits. Lets pretend :lol:

Your a riot :lol:

Hey Steve no trouble at all. I think its hilarious that they "clip that sig". Must be embarrassing knowing the truth about the face of your franchise. I guess some smack just is off limits. Lets pretend :lol:

Your a riot :lol:

Thanks.

Hey feel free to bash Hollywood stars over here.

The Browns Board is a more logical place for ya to pimp the Squeelers and ratbitrds.

WSS

Archived