THE BROWNS BOARD

The Hypocrisy of BQ Nation, Quantified

Lumbergh

Guest ATENEARS
Here's the difference - when Edwards drops his 3-4 passes we didn't use up 100% of the accurate throws on the day. NOBODY is sitting here blaming Edwards for the QBing because the QBing was GOOD ENBOUGH to win. End result? Edwards had his highest volume of receptions and went over 100 yards receiving. The week before, Winslow had a personal best day in terms of scoring TDs. You shouldn't HAVE to worry about if your QB knows what color uniforms his teammates are wearing. The ONLY fans left worrying about DA are the Oregon State Alumnii.

Those are really nice accomplishments for a one-day Tom ... but please tell the class who was under center when these two had their BEST SEASON.

I just feel like there's more of an upside with Quinn than there was with Anderson. Every QB has a lousy game now and then and I expect Brady will see his share but somehow it won't seem so tragic. I'm not sure why that is. I think it's that upside potential that makes the difference. As I said in an earlier post, BQ got lucky at least a couple of times Monday night and the luck was all good. It was a refreshing change. Often what looks like luck is the result of a lot of hard work that nobody's seen. I suspect that Quinn didn't spend his bench time polishing his cleats. He looks composed because he was prepared.

I really loved seeing BQ being evasive in the pocket. He looked as though he was brushing off an annoying gnat rather than running for his life. He has an all-business look about him. I also like that he is analytical about his own performance in what seems to be a quest for perfection. He takes responsibility for his own role in the game. Again, a refreshing change. I am hopeful that as he tweaks his skills the players around him will gain confidence and raise their level of play. It's only hope at this point but hope is something I haven't felt in a while. And maybe some of that "taking personal responsibility for one's role in the game" thing will wear off on the others too.

When he starts hitting those longer strikes, and as he has more practice with the first team I suspect Brady WILL start hitting those, the game will open up for him.

I usually leave the stats to the folks who love the numbers because I've never felt that objective data tells the whole story. There's no question that the numbers tell an important part of the story, but there's usually more and often valuable information in the subjective.

Those are really nice accomplishments for a one-day Tom ... but please tell the class who was under center when these two had their BEST SEASON.

Great point.

And imagine the season our TEAM would have had if you-know-who didn't pinch a loaf in the 2nd half of their BEST SEASON.

I hear ya Lum, you should have been around in the Tim Couch era, the Homo frenzy was even worst.

At least Quinn is a much more prepared Qb for the NFL game, and doesn't come with the $ baggage a #1 overall pick did.

I saw Quinn's game as being very similiar to Anderson's performances that were called to the carpet here and beaten to death. Had that been Anderson last night, the three almost-picks would be iron-clad picks, the 6-points from 4 turnovers would have been splashed everywhere in disgust, the FG's instead of TD's would be well documented as well.

But best of all, remember when these guys were on here stating, "I won't even use the 1st-start, 2nd-start, 3rd-start, ect.. as an excuse" ... or that Braylon's drops would stop once he didn't have to perform circus catches (now they state Braylon can't catch them straight at him and suggest we throw off-target).

These guys are Homer-homo's there is no doubt about it ... keep up the good work not allowing them back into the closet.

Had that been DA in their the DA slice on here would be toasting his win and numbers, same with last week! They would have been saying the same thing that the Quinn slice on here was saying! Difference is Quinn is on his second start! Compare 2nd full start in a Browns uniform and I am willing to be it is not better then Quinns if it is not by much, bottom line Quinn shows a higher ceiling, (Smarter, more mobile, can make the shorter passes when needed alot better, does not force the ball, better clock management so far) and while his arm may not be up to DA's caliber, it is not weak either.

Had that been DA in their the DA slice on here would be toasting his win and numbers, same with last week! They would have been saying the same thing that the Quinn slice on here was saying! Difference is Quinn is on his second start! Compare 2nd full start in a Browns uniform and I am willing to be it is not better then Quinns if it is not by much, bottom line Quinn shows a higher ceiling, (Smarter, more mobile, can make the shorter passes when needed alot better, does not force the ball, better clock management so far) and while his arm may not be up to DA's caliber, it is not weak either.

I agree Plum, well said.

If that's what is needed to get sent to the bench then BQ's job may now be in jeopardy after yesterday's 55.

Lum are you really that stupid or is this just an act? Had DA put up those numbers in his second start would you be saying that no, and you would be rightfully to do so.

LUM straight question, Had DA's and BQ's fate been switched last year and BQ was the starter, and put up identical performances up to 2 weeks ago, would you be ok with letting him continue to be the starter, even though we had a qb on the bench that alot of people thought could get the job done, like we had in Quinn?

Cause if the rolls were reversed I can tell you I would have been saying time to put DA in!

Had we not had Quinn on the bench things maybe different, but when you have a potential franchise QB on the bench and the one playing is not playing to the level that he should be, and it is getting close to a time where you have to make a decision on which one stays (cause that point was a coming had the switch not been made) you put the other QB in to see what he is made of that way you don't trade the wrong one off without knowing at least part of what he can do. Had DA not regressed back into his form of the last half of the season then I would never have wanted a change.

If I have 2 cars in the garage, and one is not running right, and the other one is , I am not going to keep running the one that is running poorly I am going to switch out to the good running one!

Lum are you really that stupid or is this just an act? Had DA put up those numbers in his second start would you be saying that no, and you would be rightfully to do so.

LUM straight question, Had DA's and BQ's fate been switched last year and BQ was the starter, and put up identical performances up to 2 weeks ago, would you be ok with letting him continue to be the starter, even though we had a qb on the bench that alot of people thought could get the job done, like we had in Quinn?

Cause if the rolls were reversed I can tell you I would have been saying time to put DA in!

Had we not had Quinn on the bench things maybe different, but when you have a potential franchise QB on the bench and the one playing is not playing to the level that he should be, and it is getting close to a time where you have to make a decision on which one stays (cause that point was a coming had the switch not been made) you put the other QB in to see what he is made of that way you don't trade the wrong one off without knowing at least part of what he can do. Had DA not regressed back into his form of the last half of the season then I would never have wanted a change.

If I have 2 cars in the garage, and one is not running right, and the other one is , I am not going to keep running the one that is running poorly I am going to switch out to the good running one!

Now, now! If Lums wants to drive the car that wouldn't pass emissions, let him! Just make sure that you close the garage door when you pull out with the good car so Lums & DA can enjoy the fumes together.

Here's the difference - when Edwards drops his 3-4 passes we didn't use up 100% of the accurate throws on the day. NOBODY is sitting here blaming Edwards for the QBing because the QBing was GOOD ENBOUGH to win. End result? Edwards had his highest volume of receptions and went over 100 yards receiving. The week before, Winslow had a personal best day in terms of scoring TDs. You shouldn't HAVE to worry about if your QB knows what color uniforms his teammates are wearing. The ONLY fans left worrying about DA are the Oregon State Alumnii.

Anyone wiyth a pulse that caught the 2 Baltimore games counted 3 INTs from DA that went for scores. His decision making skills cost us just like the QB from Buffalo's early decisions cost them. You can't throw picks in your own territory or throw picks for TDs or you're not gonna last. Buffalo's offense was alot like our Ratbird game. They had a kickoff return for a TD and started every drive between the 40 and 50 but their inconsistency and inadequacy at QB was the difference on a day we weren't tackling well. That said, we caused and made 3 INTs.

DA hasn't played well or consisently well since last October if we're being honest. I think Lewis needs to be replaced at RB - and we're on our way to some pretty good things offensively.

DA started out 0-3 in 2006 and Quinn is 1-1. DA's 3rd start was another December 4 INT performance vrs the Bucs that ended with 4 wins. 365 days later, DA was throwing 4 INTs at Cincy. Quinn didn't HAVE to beat DA because DA beat himself into the backup position. He stunk. Every person PAID to commentate our games indicates how surprised they were that BQ didn't replace DA sooner. And why? They had to watch film of our passing game.

- Tom F. (I'm sure Lums is on some Dr Frasier Crane's couch bellyup out West because his boyfriend is done in Cleveland. Meanwhile, it's FUN to watch our offense again)

The difference is last year ~ when we needed to RUN out the clock and put teams away...we did...on the ground.

Like the commentators said on Monday Night - we ONLY beat 1 team that had a winning record in 2007. That one team was horrible on the road btw.

I mean Stan, you're acting like we would have been the SECOND team to lose to Miami in 2007 if DA didn't take snaps that day. Quinn only got 1 drive vrs the terrible SF 49ers and it led to points and they won about 4 games all year. Buffalo didn't even score so how much credit do you want to give DA for handing off after the game winning Safety was made? How easy is beating Kyle Boller any time he starts against us? Charlie Frye beat him head to head in our final game of 2005 so how much credit do you want to give DA for sweeping Boller? And the NY Jets won a total of 4 games as DA started that one off with an INT until Sean Jones saved his ass with an INT at the Jets goal line. Houston was a last placed team. St Louis was winless in the week 7 matchup so I mean how tough was that one? EVERY QB was beating the Rams.

We SPLIT with a crappy Cincy team, got swept by our most important rival (with 7 second consecutive 3 and outs in the 2nd half at Pitt and the other possession change was a kickoff return for a TD by Cribbs so DA sucked after October). Oakland beat us right? The same Arizona secondary that couldn't beat Chris Redman or Trent Dilfer twice actually intercepted DA and scored on him.

Furthermore, DA was 0-3 in his first 3 starts of his second NFL season in 2006. His 3rd one was a 4 INT disaster vrs a 4 win Bucs' franchise. The very next draft, Phil Savage feels compelled to trade back up into round 1 and grab a first round QB prospect.

I'm shocked you're so disappointed this young QB in just his second start drove us to game winning points on our final drive of the night. I thought it was fun. How many INTs does he have in the last 2 games? He's already shown he knows shown me he's not going to be consistently stupid with high pressured decisions. If that's not enough, he can get outside or extend plays. You should be GLAD we have a first round pick looking like he has alot to offer this team when the other QB project fermented.

Since November of 2007, teams found an easy way to defend DA so every time he threw one accurate pass all game - all of DA's biggest fans blamed Edwards for his bad games. Think about WHY it's so devastating when players drop DA's passes. It's because NOBODY believes he can get the next one there or the one after that and they were right.

When QBs are good enough - nobody spends the next week talking about the dropped pass that killed us. I heard all the fussing about Braylon's drops vrs Baltimore but which one of the DA fans wanted to give Edwards credit for wrestling away an INT in the end zone for a TD? Braylon didn't throw the TD pass to Suggs - that was DA. INTs in tight ball games had more to do with BQ's rise in popularity Stan. Weren't the Buffalo fans booing their QB for his 3 early INTs? You CANNOT do that and remain a fan favorite. Vinny Testaverde went 11-5 and BEAT the NE Patriots in the first round of the playoffs but ALL people could wonder was what if we had a guy that didn't throw too many INTs.

All I can think of about 2007 was as soon as we got to the point of the season where there was a must win for playoff chances - DA responded with 4 INTs at Cincy. Leigh Bodden had an early INT that gave us the ball at the Cincy 28 and we had 4 other drives that went to the Cincy 29 or further where we didn't score any points on any of those. A BETTER QB doesn't throw 4 back breaking INTs in that game. I'm sorry.

- Tom F.

Archived