THE BROWNS BOARD

The Hypocrisy of BQ Nation, Quantified

Lumbergh

Quinn gets decent weather, 4 gift turnovers, 160 rushing yards, a 57 yard FG from his kicker, and watches from the sideline as the Buffalo kicker misses the game winner. With all that he only manages a 55 QB rating.

Guess who 11.18% of the fans believe deserves the game ball? EVEN AHEAD OF JEROME HARRISON!!!

FAN POLL

Who gets your game ball from the Browns' thrilling win Monday night?

Phil Dawson 73.75%

Shaun Rogers 3.53%

Kellen Winslow 0.48%

Willie McGinest 0.47%

Jerome Harrison 10.58%

Brady Quinn 11.18%

Total number of votes: 7898

A year prior Derek Anderson plays in some of the worst football conditions ever played in, also gets 160 rushing yards, and a nice 49 yarder. He manages to pull out a 57 QB rating in the game.

Anderson gets less than 1 percent of the game ball vote.

FAN POLL

Who gets your game ball for Sunday's win over the Bills?

Jamal Lewis 60.27%

Braylon Edwards 1.33%

Phil Dawson 25.29%

The defense 12.22%

Someone else 0.89%

Total number of votes: 20870

That's the "Man-Love" effect coming from BQ Nation

In summary, approximately 11 percent of Browns "fans" are so hell bent in love for Quinn that they do not have the ability to even decipher what is happening in the game they are watching as they are so fixated on BQ that they couldn't even tell you who played well.

Those 11 percent include resident posters shep, greythan, and desert dawg, OBR BQ Pumper John Taylor, Plain Dealer BQ Pumper Tony Grossi, as well as many of the XXY chromosome set who come by from time to time including Pumpkin Pumper et. al.

Well, Quinn won his Buffalo game on the road. Anderson was at home.

Quinn hangs in there when the pocket collapses. Anderson throws interceptions that get returned for touchdowns. (re: Baltimore game)

The bulk of the fan base wants to see Quinn and is unhappy with Anderson.

You are a tool.

Guest 88fingerslewy
Quinn gets decent weather, 4 gift turnovers, 160 rushing yards, a 57 yard FG from his kicker, and watches from the sideline as the Buffalo kicker misses the game winner. With all that he only manages a 55 QB rating.

Guess who 11.18% of the fans believe deserves the game ball? EVEN AHEAD OF JEROME HARRISON!!!

FAN POLL

Phil Dawson 73.75%

Shaun Rogers 3.53%

Kellen Winslow 0.48%

Willie McGinest 0.47%

Jerome Harrison 10.58%

Brady Quinn 11.18%

A year prior Derek Anderson plays in some of the worst football conditions ever played in, also gets 160 rushing yards, and a nice 49 yarder. He manages to pull out a 57 QB rating in the game.

FAN POLL

Jamal Lewis 60.27%

Braylon Edwards 1.33%

Phil Dawson 25.29%

The defense 12.22%

Someone else 0.89%

In summary, approximately 11 percent of Browns "fans" are so hell bent in love for Quinn that they do not have the ability to even decipher what is happening in the game they are watching as they are so fixated on BQ that they couldn't even tell you who played well.

Those 11 percent include resident posters shep, greythan, and desert dawg, OBR BQ Pumper John Taylor, Plain Dealer BQ Pumper Tony Grossi, as well as many of the XXY chromosome set who come by from time to time including Pumpkin Pumper et. al.

z....z....z....z....z....z

For the love of the game lums its only BQs 2nd game and he already looks as good as if not better than DA..

Quinn is on his browns fan honeymoon for the rest of this season win or lose it doesnt matter as long as he improves something DA had 24 games to do and failed to get any better if by the 5th game of next year quinn hasnt improved and isnt synching with the offense he will start to get the same treatment DA got only we wont have anyone to turn to besides free agency if he doesnt pan out..

If fats and rip"the qb butcher"scherer would have had forseen what the fans already saw bq would be more prepared and look a lot better make no mistake the bills defense is tough and DA would have smacked the ground many times with a sprinkling of interceptions added in he is not as athletic or as football smart as bq is..

We no longer have a qb controversy in cleveland bq is our guy and will continue to be!

At least until the middle of next season to bad we wont keep da around next year he truly is an excellent backup qb...

Again, it's not uncommon for a QB to shit the bed under those circumstances -- 2nd start, on the road, Monday night, must-win game for Buffalo, 20 degrees, wind swirling, DC throwing blitzes...

The wind was bad and swirling last night, so its very understandable Quinn collapsed and threw 5 interceptions with the season and playoffs on the line. Windy conditions are tough. Its Chud's fault he didn't realize how hard it is to throw completions and how easy it is to throw interceptions in such wind. I'd say let's reward him with a new contract anyways...

Oh wait, that was the other guy last year in Cinci.

FAN POLL

Phil Dawson 73.75%

Shaun Rogers 3.53%

Kellen Winslow 0.48%

Willie McGinest 0.47%

Jerome Harrison 10.58%

Brady Quinn 11.18%

FAN POLL

Jamal Lewis 60.27%

Braylon Edwards 1.33%

Phil Dawson 25.29%

The defense 12.22%

Someone else 0.89%

Where do you get off giving less than 1% to DumbAss??? I don't see his name anywhere but tattoo'd to your ass. Or do you refer to him as "Someone else???"

Where do you get off giving less than 1% to DumbAss??? I don't see his name anywhere but tattoo'd to your ass. Or do you refer to him as "Someone else???"

His wife refers to DA as "someone else" whenever he gets caught with cum-breath.

Guest ATENEARS

I hear ya Lum, you should have been around in the Tim Couch era, the Homo frenzy was even worst.

At least Quinn is a much more prepared Qb for the NFL game, and doesn't come with the $ baggage a #1 overall pick did.

I saw Quinn's game as being very similiar to Anderson's performances that were called to the carpet here and beaten to death. Had that been Anderson last night, the three almost-picks would be iron-clad picks, the 6-points from 4 turnovers would have been splashed everywhere in disgust, the FG's instead of TD's would be well documented as well.

But best of all, remember when these guys were on here stating, "I won't even use the 1st-start, 2nd-start, 3rd-start, ect.. as an excuse" ... or that Braylon's drops would stop once he didn't have to perform circus catches (now they state Braylon can't catch them straight at him and suggest we throw off-target).

These guys are Homer-homo's there is no doubt about it ... keep up the good work not allowing them back into the closet.

I hear ya Lum, you should have been around in the Tim Couch era, the Homo frenzy was even worst.

At least Quinn is a much more prepared Qb for the NFL game, and doesn't come with the $ baggage a #1 overall pick did.

I saw Quinn's game as being very similiar to Anderson's performances that were called to the carpet here and beaten to death. Had that been Anderson last night, the three almost-picks would be iron-clad picks, the 6-points from 4 turnovers would have been splashed everywhere in disgust, the FG's instead of TD's would be well documented as well.

But best of all, remember when these guys were on here stating, "I won't even use the 1st-start, 2nd-start, 3rd-start, ect.. as an excuse" ... or that Braylon's drops would stop once he didn't have to perform circus catches (now they state Braylon can't catch them straight at him and suggest we throw off-target).

These guys are Homer-homo's there is no doubt about it ... keep up the good work not allowing them back into the closet.

Remember Stan, support your QB. You are borderline assinine according to your own definition for our former starter and what he deserved in terms of treatment on these boards.

Pot. Meet Kettle.

anderson got a raw deal for sure. just when he was rounding into form, he gets benched, not to mention that the baltimore loss was in no way his fault. yes, he threw the pick, but the defense gave that game up. he should never have been in the position he was. does that excuse his horrible decision to still throw the screen? hell no. but that game was NOT on him. also, i seem to remember phil dawson missing a last-minute, long-ass field goal against the redskins that would have tied that game. should we not have been in that position in that game? no. we shouldn't have. however, with three picks in the first quarter, we shouldn't have been in the position we were in this game, either.

Lum, i respect your unwavering support for anderson. a fan sticks with his team and players. but the way you support anderson can annoy even the people that agree with you. yes, BQ fanboys are dickless chumps, but maybe you could handle them with class, grace and civility. and if that doesn't work, you can always just ignore them. i hate them just as much as you do. hell, i think i dislike quinn more than you do. he's such a pretty boy douchebag closet case. i just want to see him get his ass kicked.

it's that he's entitled that bothers me and that people continue to support that entitlement by screaming for him no matter what he does. it bothers me that people aren't critical of him like they were of anderson. it also doesn't help that he went to a catholic school and i'm a jew. and though those are superficial reasons, they add up to quinn rubbing me the wrong way, especially when you throw in his political views. i don't want to start another political flame war, i just want to explain my andersonian preference.

however, i'm a browns fan. players don't matter to me unless they're not doing what they're supposed to do. and anderson, by and large, was doing what he was supposed to do. thus, raw deal. unfair to bench him. but, unfortunately, it happened, and now i'm cheering for someone i don't particularly like because they're on the team i love. winning is the only thing that matters.

i, too, remember the kelly holcomb fiasco. but tim couch couldn't get it done. we'll never know whether he had it to begin with or whether the browns threw him into the fire too early and ruined him, but the fact of the matter was that he was ruined by the time that season came around and he got outplayed by a career backup. it wasn't so much that people wanted to see kelly holcomb, it's that they didn't want to see tim couch anymore. if couch could've played like he played one great night against pittsburgh, everything would've been fine, but he just never got it done. entirely his fault? not by a long shot. but he was too damaged to be viable.

back to the present day: the six points off three picks? inexcusable. we should have put this game away in the first quarter and not had to win it on a miracle field goal. it's a joke that we had to win the way we did. but we won. yes, quinn had a bad game. yes, it terrifies me that our last-minute drives only bring us to attempt 56-yard field goals. the difference in a season so often comes down to luck. in this case, luck was on the browns' side. against washington, it was against them. it just so happens that quinn benefited and anderson lost out.

anderson got a raw deal for sure. just when he was rounding into form, he gets benched, not to mention that the baltimore loss was in no way his fault. yes, he threw the pick, but the defense gave that game up. he should never have been in the position he was. does that excuse his horrible decision to still throw the screen? hell no. but that game was NOT on him. also, i seem to remember phil dawson missing a last-minute, long-ass field goal against the redskins that would have tied that game. should we not have been in that position in that game? no. we shouldn't have. however, with three picks in the first quarter, we shouldn't have been in the position we were in this game, either.

Lum, i respect your unwavering support for anderson. a fan sticks with his team and players. but the way you support anderson can annoy even the people that agree with you. yes, BQ fanboys are dickless chumps, but maybe you could handle them with class, grace and civility. and if that doesn't work, you can always just ignore them. i hate them just as much as you do. hell, i think i dislike quinn more than you do. he's such a pretty boy douchebag closet case. i just want to see him get his ass kicked.

it's that he's entitled that bothers me and that people continue to support that entitlement by screaming for him no matter what he does. it bothers me that people aren't critical of him like they were of anderson. it also doesn't help that he went to a catholic school and i'm a jew. and though those are superficial reasons, they add up to quinn rubbing me the wrong way, especially when you throw in his political views. i don't want to start another political flame war, i just want to explain my andersonian preference.

however, i'm a browns fan. players don't matter to me unless they're not doing what they're supposed to do. and anderson, by and large, was doing what he was supposed to do. thus, raw deal. unfair to bench him. but, unfortunately, it happened, and now i'm cheering for someone i don't particularly like because they're on the team i love. winning is the only thing that matters.

i, too, remember the kelly holcomb fiasco. but tim couch couldn't get it done. we'll never know whether he had it to begin with or whether the browns threw him into the fire too early and ruined him, but the fact of the matter was that he was ruined by the time that season came around and he got outplayed by a career backup. it wasn't so much that people wanted to see kelly holcomb, it's that they didn't want to see tim couch anymore. if couch could've played like he played one great night against pittsburgh, everything would've been fine, but he just never got it done. entirely his fault? not by a long shot. but he was too damaged to be viable.

back to the present day: the six points off three picks? inexcusable. we should have put this game away in the first quarter and not had to win it on a miracle field goal. it's a joke that we had to win the way we did. but we won. yes, quinn had a bad game. yes, it terrifies me that our last-minute drives only bring us to attempt 56-yard field goals. the difference in a season so often comes down to luck. in this case, luck was on the browns' side. against washington, it was against them. it just so happens that quinn benefited and anderson lost out.

He got benched because he was one of the lowest rated QB in the league. The announcers even said the move should have been made sooner. I don't care who the backup is. If he is one of the worse than you bench him. DA project is over.

He got benched because he was one of the lowest rated QB in the league. The announcers even said the move should have been made sooner. I don't care who the backup is. If he is one of the worse than you bench him. DA project is over.

I'm going to have to agree with bigred on this one.

Anderson was benched because he was not performing well.

I can't believe I managed to get through that 2nd grade post without getting dizzy as well...

i don't think that anderson was performing well. i'm just saying that he was playing better football than he had in the past when we benched him and that the baltimore loss wasn't his fault.

@ adam: have a little respect. no one likes an internet tough guy.

If that's what is needed to get sent to the bench then BQ's job may now be in jeopardy after yesterday's 55.

If DA is so wonderful then after 26 starts don't you think he would have improved over that time? That was BQ 2nd game. If he keeps it up then he can join DA in the unemployment line. Also BQ has more upside than DA. DA is to predictable. Good QB get better over time and DA didn't sorry that's a fact!

JD,

Your long post went well beyond saying he got a raw deal and shouldn't have been benched after the Ravens game.

If you care to, and its painful, search through these forums for the long standing debate.

The question I would ask you is how is it a raw deal to bench the lowest rated passer in the NFL? The most common response has been that DA's teammates were failing him. Okay, so logically that implies DA's supporting cast was the worst in the NFL? What, exactly, was DA accountable for?

I simply don't think he's a guy we can win a championship with. As to whether he got a raw deal or not, it had to happen unless DA was playing lights out. We ultimately had to see what we've got with Quinn.

DA Nation loves to talk about his 10-6 season...forgetting that his TOTAL record is 13-13....and his last 8 starts he is 3-5....last 10 starts he is 4-6...and his passer rating is around 70 for his last 16 games.

BQ is 1-1...no matter who you give credit to. As DA Nation loved to remind us when it was DA's troubles being discussed...a win is a win!!!

Now, even after only 2 games, BQ has around an 80 QBR and has not turned the ball over 1x....it took DA over a full season before he could string 2 games in a row without a turnover (never did it in '07).

Basically, the timing of the switch is what it is...and I feel sorry for DA...but with the playoff chances all but eliminated (DA's fault or not) the business of football demands you find out what you have in the 1st round QB you have sitting on the bench before you either pony up $5M for DA or start paying BQ starting cash.

@ Greythan: you make a good point. i think anderson got screwed largely because of timing. his first three games were bad (dallas, pittsburgh, baltimore), then he played poorly in a win against cinci, then incredibly when we thumped the giants. after a down game against washington, he played acceptably against jacksonville and baltimore.

it was disappointing to me that he got pulled when he'd played decent football in three out of the last four games. getting pulled when you're not playing poorly, to me, is getting a raw deal.

as for accountability, what DA can objectively be accountable for are the overthrows, underthrows, imperfect but catchable throws and the turnovers. he could also be responsible for the false starts. we've had fewer since quinn took over.

i'm glad we're seeing what we've got in quinn and even happier that we're winning.

it may just be that i very badly wanted anderson to be great and he turned out to not be.

@ Greythan: you make a good point. i think anderson got screwed largely because of timing. his first three games were bad (dallas, pittsburgh, baltimore), then he played poorly in a win against cinci, then incredibly when we thumped the giants. after a down game against washington, he played acceptably against jacksonville and baltimore.

it was disappointing to me that he got pulled when he'd played decent football in three out of the last four games. getting pulled when you're not playing poorly, to me, is getting a raw deal.

as for accountability, what DA can objectively be accountable for are the overthrows, underthrows, imperfect but catchable throws and the turnovers. he could also be responsible for the false starts. we've had fewer since quinn took over.

i'm glad we're seeing what we've got in quinn and even happier that we're winning.

it may just be that i very badly wanted anderson to be great and he turned out to not be.

Your off to a great start in your road to recovery, what step is this post in your recovery program?

j/k. We all want a winner.

LOL like The DA guys wouldn't be mmaking the same excuses for DA if he were under center... You two are so full of shit on this topic it's laughable.

Brady Quinn wasn't very good last night, especially down the stretch and if he wants to be the future, games like that need to vanish and quick. Derek Anderson didn't get those excuses from me and neither will Quinn. We will see where he goes from here.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAN POLL

Phil Dawson 73.75%

Shaun Rogers 3.53%

Kellen Winslow 0.48%

Willie McGinest 0.47%

Jerome Harrison 10.58%

Brady Quinn 11.18%

FAN POLL

Jamal Lewis 60.27%

Braylon Edwards 1.33%

Phil Dawson 25.29%

The defense 12.22%

Someone else 0.89%

Quinn has an arm, can throw, can run, we"ll see if he can win.....

fk everything else!

save it!

have to disagree on Balt and Wash... DA sucked...BE sucked...If we had a stud RB we'd have a very much different record. I've wanted a stud rb since we let ricky williams slide 8 xtra picks through our tips...

have to disagree on Balt and Wash... DA sucked...BE sucked...If we had a stud RB we'd have a very much different record. I've wanted a stud rb since we let ricky williams slide 8 xtra picks through our tips...

Here's the difference - when Edwards drops his 3-4 passes we didn't use up 100% of the accurate throws on the day. NOBODY is sitting here blaming Edwards for the QBing because the QBing was GOOD ENBOUGH to win. End result? Edwards had his highest volume of receptions and went over 100 yards receiving. The week before, Winslow had a personal best day in terms of scoring TDs. You shouldn't HAVE to worry about if your QB knows what color uniforms his teammates are wearing. The ONLY fans left worrying about DA are the Oregon State Alumnii.

Anyone wiyth a pulse that caught the 2 Baltimore games counted 3 INTs from DA that went for scores. His decision making skills cost us just like the QB from Buffalo's early decisions cost them. You can't throw picks in your own territory or throw picks for TDs or you're not gonna last. Buffalo's offense was alot like our Ratbird game. They had a kickoff return for a TD and started every drive between the 40 and 50 but their inconsistency and inadequacy at QB was the difference on a day we weren't tackling well. That said, we caused and made 3 INTs.

DA hasn't played well or consisently well since last October if we're being honest. I think Lewis needs to be replaced at RB - and we're on our way to some pretty good things offensively.

DA started out 0-3 in 2006 and Quinn is 1-1. DA's 3rd start was another December 4 INT performance vrs the Bucs that ended with 4 wins. 365 days later, DA was throwing 4 INTs at Cincy. Quinn didn't HAVE to beat DA because DA beat himself into the backup position. He stunk. Every person PAID to commentate our games indicates how surprised they were that BQ didn't replace DA sooner. And why? They had to watch film of our passing game.

- Tom F. (I'm sure Lums is on some Dr Frasier Crane's couch bellyup out West because his boyfriend is done in Cleveland. Meanwhile, it's FUN to watch our offense again)

LOL! A grown man crying his eyes out! Didn't it feel like Derek Anderson started at QB for Buffalo? HE undid another kickoff return for a TD and couldn't get the ball to his BEST WR Lee Evans. No catches. A good QB like Cutler didn't have this kind of trouble.

Bottom line: DA couldn't have refrained from INTs in a game like that and we would have LOST another winnable game. WHO here panicked when Edwards dropped his usual 3-4 passes?

And why? You KNEW all BQ's accurate throws for the day weren't used up so it wasn't a state of total despair when passes were dropped. Terrell Davis said it's hard to believe BQ that was only BQ's second start after watchign the clutch performance. Buffalo threw everything they could at him and in the end - it wasn't enough. If BQ threw 1 INT - just 1 - we lose that winnable game.

Now BQ has the best winning percentage of our starting QBs this season. In addition, he's not starting his career 0-3 like Dumb Ass. DA's 3rd start was 4 INTs vrs a TB team that coin flipped us for the #3 overall pick the next draft. 365 days later, he threw 4 INTs to a lousy Cincy D so he's proven he's not smart enough for upside. Have fun in Detroit next year Lummy because that's the only franchise that would consider DA starting material.

- Tom F. (The hypocrisy of Lums is was a special treat this morning. I didn't have to pay 1 penny to watch a grown man cry. Now THAT is entertainment. Unfortunately, many of our regulars put Lummy on ignore so they missed out on this gem)

If the last Baltimore loss was the Defences fault, are you guys saying that the Denver loss isn't? I still hear you crying for DA to come back in... Does that mean you accept BQ's post game and you blame that loss on him? Was he really supposed to put up 37 points in his first NFL start? Doesn't that seem like asking too much? (No doubt it would have been great if he'd done it!)

Archived