Jump to content

BaconHound

REGISTERED
  • Content count

    4,433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by BaconHound

  1. BaconHound

    Biden Selects Kamala Harris as his VP

    How long before Trump ditches Pence for Conway 🤣
  2. BaconHound

    Republican Convention

    Hmmmm I vaguely remember Governor Cooper being scolded by a certain someone. Oh how the tune has changed.
  3. BaconHound

    Trump Says Wear a Mask

    The first step before he begins to trample on our civil liberties, liberal media pressure.
  4. BaconHound

    Trump Interview with Chris Wallace

    So no need to mention Biden’s name. Simply make your point about the interview and continue the debate.
  5. The original question was concerning the BLM stuff. I think that is a pretty general ask. My response was general as well. But I’m glad you found a way to weave in Marxism & Communism 😂
  6. It illustrates some of the real issues our country needs to eventually deal with and begins to demonstrate the complexity of race issues in our country.
  7. BaconHound

    Trump Interview with Chris Wallace

    Great pivot
  8. My standard of governance is one should have the ability to separate subjective beliefs with what should govern the nation. That may be an insane notion but I wouldn’t want a political party legislating “prima nocta” to support Nationalism.
  9. It’s more than an accusation. Even his own caucus has asked for him to be censured. He’s a anti-abortion even for rape & incest. Just your run of the mill, nut.
  10. There are crazy people on both sides in Washington but I don’t think rational people would debate that point. Can we please get some centrists is the Capitol
  11. BaconHound

    Bye WHO

    I’m ok with the US leaving the WHO as long as the money we allocate is still spent worldwide but smartly. If this is us taking our ball and going home, I’m not in favor of the move.
  12. BaconHound

    Ghislaine pre suicide watch

    Haha. I love Fox News, you can’t make this shit up. It’s not even a good photoshop.
  13. BaconHound

    Covid deaths decline

    Hope all works out. Glad you aren’t feeling effects.
  14. From Social Security’s website: Under a special rule, if you’ve worked for only one and one-half years in the three years just before your death, we can pay benefits to your children and your spouse who is caring for the children. I know of a 20 year old guy who worked for a bit over 2 years and committed suicide. His 3 year old kids were getting $300 per month each until they were 18. Not equitable regardless of how you slice it but keep believing it’s not a government hand out in many instances. I’m also fairly certain individuals born with severe illness like Down Syndrome who never work a day are still eligible but I don’t have firsthand knowledge of that.
  15. BaconHound

    Covid deaths decline

    I’d say 90 percent of the people I know either socially distance or wear a mask to prevent the spread and the other 10 percent do so due to peer pressure. On the low end I’d say 80 percent of those refusing to wear a mask are doing so to be a contrarian and the other 20 percent have either a medical issue or believe they’d be better off recovering. I’d say in my area what the president believes has little or nothing to do with wearing a mask. Lucky I guess
  16. Not true. Minors get benefits as do the disabled who have never paid a cent.
  17. BaconHound

    Covid deaths decline

    I don’t think rational people are blaming Trump for the pandemic. The issue is his messaging. With a 130,000 people dead since this started less than a year ago cautious optimism for the future instead of blind denial that there is a need for precaution seems like the logical stance. I for one would not hold it against the president for doing their best to downplay the negativity and try to relay optimism but that isn’t even close to what we are getting. For my money the President should not be the decision maker for the Country but he or she should be the spokesperson. While I agree and disagree with policy points with our current president, I can’t find anything good to say about his persona and vocal leadership.
  18. If you are healthy you will get much more than you paid in. The government a holding and investing your money for you. It’s a government run program that returns more money than you paid in most circumstances. ” a political and economic theory of social organization which advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.” Here is a less tailored definition of socialism that may not fit your narrative but it still quite valid.
  19. Because Americans support socialist policies when it benefits them i.e. Social Security, Medicare, Tax Exemptions, etc.
  20. BaconHound

    Covid deaths decline

    The death rate declining is very good news.
  21. BaconHound

    Latest polls in battleground states

    Well we voted in a pre-Alzheimer’s president who’s main campaign slogan, “no new taxes” was a complete lie but at least he wasn’t a Democrat 🤦‍♂️
  22. Whenever the governments moves quickly on an initiative it’s never attempted before there is going to be issues. There will be with mail in voting as we often hear when there is a Democrat victory that dead people are voting for them or it was the illegals. Maybe we just concede that whenever someone loses an election it was rigged in favor of their opponent.
  23. BaconHound

    Bolton's book

    Old enough to remember the Bush administration. The past year or so I’ve tried to grow a bit and stop generalizing or labeling. Don’t despise the president, nor would I simply based on party.. I just find it interesting that so many people who were lauded by the man have been fired and demeaned when they don’t as he wishes. Also it is a bit strange that you have more than a few appointments who don’t feel he is competent. I understand his supporters will chalk it up to disgruntled employees but I am also curious as to how many of these disgruntled employees would alarm his supporters to the point they see an issue with his leadership?
  24. BaconHound

    House approves DC statehood bill

    With all we are dealing with, this is what our federal government is working on, 🤦‍♂️. If this isn’t an indictment of our republic I don’t know what is.
×