THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini....lost players already?

Solon16

This team Quit in the 4th Qtr in Denver. I'm saying it...I think it's true. No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it....1700.00 for water??? wat a douche

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team did not quit. The defense was tired. The offense did not know what the heck they were doing. but they did not quit as long as they were in it.

True the water incident makes him look like a stubborn oaf rather than a strict disciplinarian, but i shall judge him more by the browns record and not this.

The team did not quit. The defense was tired. The offense did not know what the heck they were doing. but they did not quit as long as they were in it.

True the water incident makes him look like a stubborn oaf rather than a strict disciplinarian, but i shall judge him more by the browns record and not this.

ha ha ha...he's fkn 0-2...LOL justkiddin...um not

It's still too early to tell, but the early returns aren't terribly promising. Heck, even Belichick has learned not to micro-manage his teams like this. There's accountability and then there's doing the "Hey, never forget that I'm in charge here!" thing. The first one works, the second one hardly ever does. Making the rookies go to his kids' camp, micromanaging the locker room, fining people for water.

But hey, all that accountability is turning the team into a winner, right? I mean, sure, they're 0-2 right now, but they're showing a lot of progress.

Dennis

We hired the wrong Ryan. Not that he's the subject of the OP, but we did.

Come on earth...that is a dick move....way to motivate !!!

Not trying to be a dick but ever since the guy got hired it's been one thing after another of people trying to tear the guy down. I'm willing to give him a chance. Last year everybody was bitching about RAC 'n ROLLS and his spa treatment to the players.

but this Ryan is an upgrade over our previous defensive coordinator. See im not sold in on our new OC too but it is our defense and Phil Dawson that is managing to keep us in the game for 3 quarters always.

The d will look better if they aren't on the field so long. I didn't see the 4th quarter, but all accounts I have read point to the D being tired. The offence needs to start gelling for this team to improve.

Not trying to be a dick but ever since the guy got hired it's been one thing after another of people trying to tear the guy down. I'm willing to give him a chance. Last year everybody was bitching about RAC 'n ROLLS and his spa treatment to the players.

Spa treatment is one thing...I like what Mangini has done in that regard, but for any business to be successful guys have to enjoy going to work and work hard for those in charge......I've had a dick boss before and it totally sapped my energy, drive and passion for my work and workplace, I had no loyalty to him, no respect for him, and kinda rooted against him....because he was a dick to everybody...I don't know if mangini is a dick or not but fining a guy 1700 bux for a water is a BIG DICK move! That's just my opinion....but that's the right way to lose a team!

Guest TheJokersWILD
but this Ryan is an upgrade over our previous defensive coordinator. See im not sold in on our new OC too but it is our defense and Phil Dawson that is managing to keep us in the game for 3 quarters always.

I agree about Ryan, I think he is capable of doing some really good things with the defense but he just doesn't have the personnel. Ryan is definite keeper. Everybody knows how bad our defense has been with getting pressure and look what he has done with practically the same defense we had last year, he is a major upgrade.

Ryan's problem is he lacks personal, but at least I see more movement and stunting now rather than the old bore of yesteryear.

The Mangini "losing" players thing IMO may have happened Sunday. I even brought it up before the game on its effect on the players. The Browns effort level was BAD. Against the Vikings, they tried. It was just the Vikings came out in the 2nd half and smacked the crap out of a talentless defense. Then the INT. It snowballed.

This was a poor non-effort Sunday.

I don't know all the details, but I think the fine for the water incident was a great move. Do we know who it was? For many players on the team 1700 bucks isn't all that much. If they want to skip out on the bill while representing the Browns, it oughta sting a bit.

You believe the players stopped playing because of a fine over a bottle of water?

Come on, lets get real, I could see that in HS, they are professionals and should not allow stupid shit like that bother them. And if they do then I would gladly say see ya later Jack and dont let the door hit you in the Ass on your way out.

We need football players not a bunch of estrogen run pussies.

Come on earth...that is a dick move....way to motivate !!! Just callin it like I see it....if he was my boss, I'd think it was a dick move.

Someone broke a rule...just pay for what you take..it isn't hard to follow a rule.

I am sure the player wasn't happy about it, but too bad...I don't think the players quit, and while the others players may think it a severe move, I think most think the player involved is a bit of a goof for not being able to follow such a simple, fundamental rule of life....pay for what you take.

How hard is that??

When you get right down to it, other than value, there is no difference between taking a bottle of water over taking one of the pictures on the wall.

Fine for the water .... team & player learns.... message sent .... issue done. If I were a player earning the $$ they do, the fine is relative to the infraction. Or else find a new job if you dont agree. And yea if thats what you think bein a dick is, well so be it. I can tell you held no position of authority in your life, otherwise I think you would nt be so one sided. JMO.

Water, schmater.

We don't know the details. If it was a veteran, who makes millions and millions, he doesn't get a message if you

fine him 3 bucks, and he knows he wasn't supposed to take stuff out of the bar/fridge without paying for it.

If it's a rookie, and he hasn't been around enough to know that it wasn't okay to take stuff and the team would just pay for it...

whatever.

If you were a coach, and a veteran player on your team had done it before several times, and broke other small rules,

wouldn't you hammer him?

It is only bogus as much as you assume details to fit out of angst that the Browns lost.

The Browns are playing with more excitement and aggressiveness than I ever saw while Crennel was coach.

It's the second game, for crying out loud.

This team Quit in the 4th Qtr in Denver. I'm saying it...I think it's true. No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it....1700.00 for water??? wat a douche

Like I said before these player need a coach not a father. $1700 is bullshit.

Mangini is not exactly a "players' coach".....they need to be responsible on and off the field, and just maybe he is trying to enforce that. Yeah....$1700.00 is a bit much, but it gets your attention, and it probably won't happen again. As far as the players wanting to play for him....screw that. They are professionals, and they should play at their best under any coaching circumstances. If they were getting paid minimum wage, then I could see it. Based on what they are paid, if they don't perform at their best, they're losers, and will never be considered among the top notch players, in my opinion. Personally, I don't think they quit in the 4th.....but they were exhausted. The team under Crennel.....now they definitely quit. Everyone is so anxiouis to target Mangini as the problem here. I'm not.....I've seen this kind of behaviour from a coach before, and I took the same position most fans did....he was an idiot, and knew nothing, and I despised him. Well.....now he has numerous Superbowl rings, and every player in the NFL wants to play for him. You know who he is......I still can't bring myself to mention that name.

There's plenty of blame to go around right now. No blocking, no running game, only 1 receiving threat, a QB showing his inexperience. To smaller degrees the list could just keep going.

So far we are who the analysts said we were going to be.

People are just dying to throw Mangie under the bus.

Oh the drama.

If Mangini is 'losing' players, I'm gonna step up and say then these aren't the type of players we want on our team. RAC let these guys be his best friend, buddy. You cannot do that in a position of authority. They quit on RAC because they knew there would be no accountability. Mangini is building a legacy of accountability. In the game, in the locker room, and in the public. This team needs discipline. Its one of the many things we've been lacking for awhile.

As for the defense being tired...I call BS on that too. They played all of 32 minutes of the Denver game. They should be prepared to play at least half a game and if they aren't, they need to be training more.

If these guys want to shit rainbows and fart sunshine, they need to win a few games. They may be fighting the system right now of frustration but they need to grow the hell up and be professionals.

I'm sure every guy on that defense, with the exception of Rogers maybe, is fully prepared to play at least half the game. The problem arises though when they are forced into playing as many minutes consecutively as they had to because their offense couldn't stay on the field early in the 4th quarter. I agree that they are professionals and being tired should not happen. But the fact is that every defense in the NFL would have been tired on Sunday if their offense played like the Browns did!

It's still too early to tell, but the early returns aren't terribly promising. Heck, even Belichick has learned not to micro-manage his teams like this. There's accountability and then there's doing the "Hey, never forget that I'm in charge here!" thing. The first one works, the second one hardly ever does. Making the rookies go to his kids' camp, micromanaging the locker room, fining people for water.

But hey, all that accountability is turning the team into a winner, right? I mean, sure, they're 0-2 right now, but they're showing a lot of progress.

Dennis

We hired the wrong Ryan. Not that he's the subject of the OP, but we did.

You realize we've been down by a TD or less at the start of the 4th quarter in both games right? Its the personnel, not the wrong ryan.

You know what though? You can best bet no one will be stealing any more water.

If you punish the miniscule bad behaviours, your much less likely to get the not so miniscule ones (Bengals cough cough)

Archived