THE BROWNS BOARD

Brady Quinn sucks and always has! Can we please put Derek Anderson back in.

joflockhart

Brady Quinn sucks and always has! Can we please put Derek Anderson back in. I’m so sick of people stating the case for Quinn that he was a better round draft pick (Tom Brady) was a 6th round draft pick. Or Quinn is from Ohio… I’m from Ohio should I be quarter back… The guy is a stiff I think they pulled Derek Anderson out last year after he scored 27 points but still lost because of the defense… When Derek was in the offense was not a problem it was the defense, so why did we change the offense around.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brady Quinn sucks and always has! Can we please put Derek Anderson back in. I’m so sick of people stating the case for Quinn that he was a better round draft pick (Tom Brady) was a 6th round draft pick. Or Quinn is from Ohio… I’m from Ohio should I be quarter back… The guy is a stiff I think they pulled Derek Anderson out last year after he scored 27 points but still lost because of the defense… When Derek was in the offense was not a problem it was the defense, so why did we change the offense around.

Sounds like a fine thought process. It is what it is, don't start this shit now, it's game one.

LOL, no, if BQ isn't the answer, then the answer is in college, high school, junior high, elementary school, kindergarten, pre-school, under four-yeas-old, not born yet, or will never exist because it's the Browns and they aren't meant to win.

DA, for sure, is not the answer.

You really believe DA is any better?? If so, you are kidding your self!

With DA we where scoring alot of points.......... the problem was the other teams where scoring more..... With BQ we never score points and the other team continues to score alot more....

What are you talking about?? At one point we hadn't scored an offensive touchdown in like 6 or 7 games (since last year) and it was on 60 or 70 something yd TD run.

With DA we where scoring alot of points.......... the problem was the other teams where scoring more..... With BQ we never score points and the other team continues to score alot more....

Get the f'uck out of here.

People DON'T START THIS SHIT NOW. Maybe there comes a time to look at ourselves as fans and how our views effect the team. At some point we got to take responsibility for what we say, especially after ONE F'CKING GAME. Don't start this soap opera shit, because if that is what the fans want to hear, that is what the media will print.

Get the f'uck out of here.

People DON'T START THIS SHIT NOW. Maybe there comes a time to look at ourselves as fans and how our views effect the team. At some point we got to take responsibility for what we say, especially after ONE F'CKING GAME. Don't start this soap opera shit, because if that is what the fans want to hear, that is what the media will print.

LMAO. Man I've been saying the same shit about we as fans.

After ONE game against a great D we are ready to throw him to the wolves. What great fans.

P. Manning would have got thrown out here after his first season.

Great minds we have.

I'm not going to base the season off the first game...especially against the vikings with the real possibility they will be in the superbowl for the NFC this season. I know people are getting tired of losing and seem to think this mess here in cleveland is going to get turned around in one draft/offseason. IT'S NOT THAT EASY! I'm looking at this season to see some improvement and see how this team does down the road. To simply base everything off this one game is just simply idiotic....give it a chance to get better and don't go shooting for the moon right out of the gate~

ugh....

One game man. One crappy game, but one.

I really have nothing new to add to this DA/BQ saga... It's all been said and my position is the same it has been since forever..... I don't know if Quinn is the answer, but let's take a look. I've had enough of watching DA try out for the position.

I do want to say this though.... I just realized, literally two minutes ago, my joy of watching Chicago fumble around between Orton and Grossman is over. I think cuz today is opening weekend it just hit me. That was my saving grace! No matter how bad it was with DA/BQ I told myself at least I'm not a Bears fan!!!

Crap.... now Bears fans are thinking "At least I'm not a Browns fan!" :blink:

LOL...have you looked at 2008? With DA in 9 starts the Browns scored 11 or LESS in 5 of those games, while DA compiled a 3-6 mark.

I guess the thing that disturbs me the most is that nothing looks different. Honestly, as of right now the Browns' QB position looks no better then it did last year. I understand that Quinn needs time but I'm talking about today. The playcalling looks about the same and the all around QB play looks the same.

LOL, no, if BQ isn't the answer, then the answer is in college, high school, junior high, elementary school, kindergarten, pre-school, under four-yeas-old, not born yet, or will never exist because it's the Browns and they aren't meant to win.

DA, for sure, is not the answer.

Thank you!! I finally laughed today!

I'm not going to base the season off the first game...especially against the vikings with the real possibility they will be in the superbowl for the NFC this season. I know people are getting tired of losing and seem to think this mess here in cleveland is going to get turned around in one draft/offseason. IT'S NOT THAT EASY! I'm looking at this season to see some improvement and see how this team does down the road. To simply base everything off this one game is just simply idiotic....give it a chance to get better and don't go shooting for the moon right out of the gate~

My observation is- the Vikings are a good team, but they're not Super Bowl material. Stop Peterson, you stop the Vikings. Gee, didn't Farve look great handing off to AD? Quinn would have had the same result. BTW, the Vikes wrs will scare no one.

Brady will get his season to try out for the QB postion. If he sucks then a new QB will be drafted.

When you have two QBs, it really means that you don't have any.

Seriously, many pick MN to go to the playoffs and beyond. Quinn had one game. He split snaps all during training camp. It will take, at least, half a season for the jury to make an informed decision on this.

Seems like half the fans want the team to lose simply because their Teen Fav isn't starting. And vice versa.

When you have two QBs, it really means that you don't have any.

Seriously, many pick MN to go to the playoffs and beyond. Quinn had one game. He split snaps all during training camp. It will take, at least, half a season for the jury to make an informed decision on this.

Seems like half the fans want the team to lose simply because their Teen Fav isn't starting. And vice versa.

What did you guys think??? Quinn was going to come in, and all our problems would be solved? The qb is just the tip of the iceberg, here. We need to keep Quinn in there to establish some stability. From what I've seen, I'll take him over DA anytime. This was the coach's first game......give them a little more time to figure things out. If Quinn really sucks, we will know it by game # 8, although I thought he had a lot of positive things going on yesterday. The first half of the game was solid.....ultimately, our defense wore down due to the offense going 3 and out too much. While Quinn definitely threw some bad passes, he ran the offense well. The offensive play calling kind of sucked. The Vikings are hyped to be one of the elite teams this season. If that turns out to be true, then yesterday wasn't as bad as it seems. I say we go 8 - 8 this season. We will continue to improve, but realistically, we don't have the talent to compete for 4 quarters with the top teams. Hopefully, Mangini will change that.

I think that anyone calling for a QB switch after yesterday simply needs to void their Browns fan card and never return. The Browns have problems for sure. But QB is not it right now. Brady will continue to get his shot to be the QB for this team. As he should. There seem to be too many fans ready to shoot the QB after one loss...regardless of whose fault the loss was. Yesterday's loss definitely does not rest on Quinn's shoulders. He completed 60 percent of his passes and spread the ball out to 9 different receivers. Was he perfect? No. But he created some opportunities and took a few chances. On the INT, there was clear miscommunitcation between him and Braylon and Quinn should have read the play a little better...as the coverage took away the outside. But, all in all, he didn't play all that bad, especially considering the defense he was up against. He did get sacked 5 times...several times late in the game when the defense knew the Browns were passing on every down. He also avoided quite a few sacks. And he avoided making a DA-esque blunder to end the first half. On that final play, he could have, as DA would have, thrown into tight coverage and risked another pick or possibly a pick-six, but he held the ball and slid safely to avoid an unneccesary hit. I think Quinn will look a lot better next week against Denver. Their defense is not up to the level of the Vikings...although, don't tell Cincy that! Carson Palmer should be benched in Cincy right? He couldn't lead his team to anything more that 7 points against a lot lesser defense! If we all had that attitude, the Browns would have to have an endless supply of QB's in line at the stadium so they could repplace the previous one every game, or possibly every quarter. It kills me to see people calling for a QB change after 1 game...especially when the current QB didn't exactly shit the bed. He just ran into a good defense. Aside from the pick...Quinn played pretty well.

I think that anyone calling for a QB switch after yesterday simply needs to void their Browns fan card and never return. The Browns have problems for sure. But QB is not it right now. Brady will continue to get his shot to be the QB for this team. As he should. There seem to be too many fans ready to shoot the QB after one loss...regardless of whose fault the loss was. Yesterday's loss definitely does not rest on Quinn's shoulders. He completed 60 percent of his passes and spread the ball out to 9 different receivers. Was he perfect? No. But he created some opportunities and took a few chances. On the INT, there was clear miscommunitcation between him and Braylon and Quinn should have read the play a little better...as the coverage took away the outside. But, all in all, he didn't play all that bad, especially considering the defense he was up against. He did get sacked 5 times...several times late in the game when the defense knew the Browns were passing on every down. He also avoided quite a few sacks. And he avoided making a DA-esque blunder to end the first half. On that final play, he could have, as DA would have, thrown into tight coverage and risked another pick or possibly a pick-six, but he held the ball and slid safely to avoid an unneccesary hit. I think Quinn will look a lot better next week against Denver. Their defense is not up to the level of the Vikings...although, don't tell Cincy that! Carson Palmer should be benched in Cincy right? He couldn't lead his team to anything more that 7 points against a lot lesser defense! If we all had that attitude, the Browns would have to have an endless supply of QB's in line at the stadium so they could repplace the previous one every game, or possibly every quarter. It kills me to see people calling for a QB change after 1 game...especially when the current QB didn't exactly shit the bed. He just ran into a good defense. Aside from the pick...Quinn played pretty well.

So you are now comparing BQ's performance against some (make believe) DA performance??..

WTF!!!!!

So you are now comparing BQ's performance against some (make believe) DA performance??..

WTF!!!!!

Make Believe? Did you WATCH him play last season? Or in this preseason? Give me a break! DA is constantly trying to force plays when he should just eat it. He's been doing that since college and probably high school. It's NEVER going to change.

Brady will get his season to try out for the QB postion.

I think his tryout will end prior to him getting to 70% of the snaps needed to trigger $11 mil in incentives. Somewhere around week 10.

Although if he continues to play like he has vs the Bills, Texans, and Vikings, it may not go more than 3 or 4 weeks.

Make Believe? Did you WATCH him play last season? Or in this preseason? Give me a break! DA is constantly trying to force plays when he should just eat it. He's been doing that since college and probably high school. It's NEVER going to change.

Anderson had 11 TDs by his 4th NFL start. Quinn has 3 TDs thru 4 starts.

With Quinn the only way the Browns have a chance is if the other team craps themselves.

Quinn is the "playing not to lose" option.

He's the QB equivalent of the prevent defense.

Archived