THE BROWNS BOARD

Cuts to 53....

Tour2ma

Cuts to 53: WR Taylor Gabriel, WR Marlon Moore, DL Kenton Adeyemi, DL Chigbo Anunoby, CB Pierre Desier, RB Jahwan Edwards, DB Mikell Everette, OL Dan France, DB Charles Gaines, OL Garth Gerhart, TE Connor Hamlett, TE J.P. Holtz, WR Darius Jennings, OL Kaleb Johnson, OL Mike Matthews, LB Jason Neill, DB Eric Patterson, P Kasey Redfern, LB Justin Tuggle

Previously...

Cuts to 75: QB Austin Davis, DL Nick Hayden, LB Paul Kruger, DB Sean Baker, TE E.J. Bibbs, WR Josh Boyce, K Travis Coons, WR Ed Eagan, FB Robert Hughes, TE David Reeves, OL Cory Tucker

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All 14 2016 draft picks have made the team, says alot about the previous regime's ability to draft.

Gabriel cut is a surprise to me.

no room for a 5'2" WR, we were brain washed into thinking that was ok.

Gaines was bad, Desir not much better. I am suprised at Desir for the simple fact we are very thin at corner now. Maybe they find someone off the scrap heap.

Ya, the Caldwell guy 5th round pick, never played, they are just stashing him on the 53 because they don't want to cut him. The 4th corner, forget his name, but he played well ... Patterson? He could probably get replaced once they go through the waiver releases and see what is out there.

Z

no room for a 5'2" WR, we were brain washed into thinking that was ok.

Who's 'we'?

It's who we were given to work with by Farmer.

It sucks though. Gabriel was pretty decent. But we just don't need jockeys on our football team.

All 14 2016 draft picks have made the team, says a lot about the previous regime's ability to draft.

Or the current FOs love affair with their picks. :D Barring someone taking a trip to IR, 2 more have to go when Gordon and Bryant come back week 5.

I thought Louis with his lack of playing time might wind up on the practice squad or IR.

I never thought Gabriel had a chance to make this team until the game against the Bears, he was pretty good. Turns out that was just audition tape for his next job.

He's just too damn small.

Yup, Hawkins is the only shrimp- 5'7" that's left.

I am suprised at Desir for the simple fact we are very thin at corner now. Maybe they find someone off the scrap heap.

What was odd, weeks ago Horton moved Desir from CB to S. They must really like the young CB's & Caldwell has not played?

Cuts to 53: WR Taylor Gabriel, WR Marlon Moore, DL Kenton Adeyemi, DL Chigbo Anunoby, CB Pierre Desier, RB Jahwan Edwards, DB Mikell Everette, OL Dan France, DB Charles Gaines, OL Garth Gerhart, TE Connor Hamlett, TE J.P. Holtz, WR Darius Jennings, OL Kaleb Johnson, OL Mike Matthews, LB Jason Neill, DB Eric Patterson, P Kasey Redfern, LB Justin Tuggle

Previously...

Cuts to 75: QB Austin Davis, DL Nick Hayden, LB Paul Kruger, DB Sean Baker, TE E.J. Bibbs, WR Josh Boyce, K Travis Coons, WR Ed Eagan, FB Robert Hughes, TE David Reeves, OL Cory Tucker

Any PS candidates here beside maybe C Mike Matthews? TE Hamlett or Holtz? maybe there is more to come? we get 10

I'd be interested to know how these cuts were determined. Like, how much did Sashi (Mr. Final Say) have to do with it? Did he basically just sign off on it? Or did he mandate, "You ain't cutting any of the draft picks".....or somewhere in between.

Yep-the punter they brought in to compete was obviously better so we traded Lee for a 4th rounder in 2018..

And then we released them both Palardy (the competition) and Redfern (part of the CAR trade) and signed Colquitt... a cap casualty with the Broncos.

And then we released them both Palardy (the competition) and Redfern (part of the CAR trade) and signed Colquitt... a cap casualty with the Broncos.

And they are going to discover that Mile high air is a lot thinner that Cleveland air so punting average will drop a little. But, very good punter nonetheless.

Any PS candidates here beside maybe C Mike Matthews? TE Hamlett or Holtz? maybe there is more to come? we get 10

I am thinking Matthews and Hamlett for sure ... And I think that's about it.

Zombo

Archived