THE BROWNS BOARD

Looks like we should've waited for Dan Quinn

MDDawg

They definitely looked really good. But as a coach he'd be an idiot to go to a team without a QB over one that has an above average one, don't care what the talent is on defense.

But regardless, let's give Pettine more than one game. This attitude has GOT to be eradicated from this fan base.

i think the fan base is behind pettine and farmer 100% even though they can just lay a metamucil crap that crawls outta da bowl sometimes.

the browns opening day record is one of the worse ever and the way they marched down the field with mccown in the first yesterday had my hopes up that things would change...

BUT

does chris berman and the new HC of the niners have the same crack dealer? omg!

It was an OT. One that should have been out of the way. Teddy looks really good.

eh...no.

Teddy Twatwater (first half)

Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int QBRat FL 8 14 67 57.1 4.8 2 24 0 0 69.6 0
Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int QBRat FL 13 24 182 54.2 7.6 3 14 1 1 75.3 2

Teddy Bildgewater. bleh. He wouldn't make any difference to the Browns

His technique is solid. Receivers have dropped some balls. Running game hasn't been there, surprisingly enough. Stats don't tell the whole story.

Oh, well, as long as his technique is solid.

Hope we get some solid technique this week.

Zombo

Teddy looked OK... controlled. Mangini's pressure D simply ate him up as it has many QBs, many much better QBs, before him. Especially late when MN was well behind.

Agree with above that Kaep's play was surprisingly improved.

Shocker of the nite was how long it took Philly's O to get on track.

Totaled 35 yds in Q1.

Totaled 399 for the game... not exactly an award winning D number...

Agree with above that Kaep's play was surprisingly improved.

I'll go a giant step above and say he looked - dare I say - phenomenal. Poised yet aggressive. Decisive. Smart. Athletic as hell....... Basically everything I want in a QB.

He's still a douche though, and needs to pull his pants up and put his hat on straight. Once he grows into a man, those doucheizms should fade (or so I keep telling myself).

Teddy Twatwater looked awful and the Minnesota playcalling was suspect, at best.

For the life of me, I can't figure why AP was taking shotgun/pistol sweep/read option/draw plays and McKinnon was taking singleback power and zone runs. That's ass-backwards.

Yes, that would be good. Run along now.

How about you fucking say something intelligent for once in your life.

I watched the game. I watched the offense struggle. Bridgewater is the play caller, he's responsible for them to get on the scoreboard.

For you to say that he solely played well and it was the 10 ten guys fault is fully Retarded.

You gotta score more than 3 to win in this league. They failed to do that. He is the leader of the offense, it's on him.

I know you think it is a lot of points, because that is what Johnny got in his two starts last year ... but it's not.

Bridgewater was horribly inaccurate on their first drive, where the offense was handed the ball in scoring position and failed to score. Never seized that opportunity, and then paid for it. Offense was bumbling all night.

"Showed good technique" ... this isn't high school. He's a starting quarterback in the NFL, he better fucking show good technique.

Zombo

Feel better now?

By your logic if the offense doesn't score it's the quarterback's fault no matter what. So I guess once we find a good quarterback we should just get a bunch of rookie scrubs at the other 10 spots. I mean, hey, you don't need any performance from your surrounding players to win, right?

Is it Bridgewater's fault the run game was terrible? Adrian Peterson goes for 3.1 ypc, safe to say the OL couldn't run block.

He was sacked 5x, including once by his own OL. I'm sure his OL can pass block through right?

Charles Johnson is ok. Past that it's a thin receiving corps. Ours is better.

Is it Bridgewater's fault the run game was terrible? Adrian Peterson goes for 3.1 ypc, safe to say the OL couldn't run block.

He was sacked 5x, including once by his own OL. I'm sure his OL can pass block through right?

Charles Johnson is ok. Past that it's a thin receiving corps. Ours is better.

Oversimplifying again. No loss is ever the QB's entire fault.

But for you to say he looked really good and it was entirely the other 10 guys fault, is so laughable it shouldn't go unpunished.

You made the dumbest post of the night last night, and then backed it up today ... just can't let it slide.

Why are you defending him anyway? Did he take a shit in College Station once?

Zombo

Because I'm an objective observer, despite your perception. I know that's a foreign concept to you but in some circles it's actually viewed as a good thing.

The OP of this thread far exceeds the dumbness of any post I've ever made so you're wrong again.

I'm not oversimplifying. You said they put up only 3 points therefore he must have sucked. Period. No caveats. Don't try to backtrack and add them now. By your logic, we can trot Tom Brady out with George Morris High's JV offense against NFL teams and if they can't score, it must be because Brady's not great. You shouldn't talk about dumb posts from your glass house.

Archived