THE BROWNS BOARD

Re-watched the Browns Steelers game...

WalterWhite

I was shitfaced in Heinz Field when I watched it in person, now watching it on TV and here are my notes.

1. The o-line is there. It's getting very strong and very solid. Love Bitonio.

2. Jordan Cameron flat out cost us a TD, he fell fucking down and we settled for a field goal. Stay on your feet and that's 7 points.

3. Brian Hoyer had 3 interceptions dropped. Once by Shazier, one by Taylor, one by Allen. He still throws some very questionable passes. I don't think he's set in stone to be a great starter. He got away with A LOT. He can also be soo oooo good when he's confident. He is going to struggle without Gordon.

4. Ben Tate, Terrance West, and Isaah Crowell are a 3 headed monster. Love it.

5. Hawkins & Gabriel are quality starters. The lack of a true #1 is disturbing. Should of drafted Watkins, Evans, or Benjamin.

6. Joe Haden is overrated. He gets burnt far too much to be elite. He causes a lot of penalties too. Had 2 or 3 this game. Joe Haden is an above average corner but not elite. He's just the best we have. He's Antonio Browns bitch. Justin Gilbert is totally fucking lost. I don't know whats worse, his lack of coverage or the fact he has the tackling ability of a frightened college mentality back up. I would bench him on principal alone.

7. Ryan Shazier is a fucking animal. DROY material.

8. Paul Kruger is coming along nicely. Glad to see him earning that $

9. Donte Whitner is all bark, absolutely zero bite.

10. Whoever is the tackling coach, should be shot. I'd have these fuckers running gassers until they died. Fucking pathetic.

11. Armonty Bryant fucking slammed Big Ben. It was amazing.

12. 30 seconds left in the 3rd on 3rd and 1 and Hoyer or someone fucked up a hand off. Settled for a field goal. We should of scored there or got the first down. Too many mistakes like this cost us games.

13. Stay in this no huddle pistol as much as possible.

14. The fake punt... That's balls right there. That's playing to win. That's a perfect example of why the Steelers are better than us. They play to win. That changed the momentum. We had them pinned and another classic fuck up by Haden and Gilbert.

15. We lot off the fucking gas in the final minutes. This is on Shanahan and Pettine. We quit doing what got us to comeback. Total fucking pussy shit. I can't believe we punted with 4:30 left. We had it 2nd and 7 and we should have just kept fucking pounding it or did a play action. This was a momentum shifter.

16. Our final drive, sacked for -6 yards, at this point WHY NOT LET THE FUCKING CLOCK RUN OUT TO FORCE PITT TO USE A TIME OUT? Next play, incomplete pass... next play a screen for -4 yards. Got scared and played like fucking dummies. Instead of giving Pittsburgh 20-30 seconds with no timeouts, we gave them 49.

17. Am I fucking dreaming or how did we FUCK UP THAT PUNT INSIDE THE 1? That's fucking pathetic. Another classic Cleveland opportunity we let slip.

18. Gilbert burnt twice in the final 30 seconds. Why didn't they fucking pull his ass earlier? The 20 yard pick up Gilberts dumb fucking ass was 6 yards away and laying on the fucking ground. God what a bum.

Are there things to build on? Yes.

But it was classic blown opportunities (the fake punt, punt inside the 1 and shitty coaching (our final drive, not forcing them to burn their timeouts, not pulling Gilbert) in the end that got us.

I blame Pettine, Shanahan, and Gilbert for losing this game.

Bright Spots: 0-line, RB's, Hoyer, Hawkins, Gabriel, Dansby, Kruger, Mingo, Bryant, Kirskey.

Fuck Sticks: Whitner, Haden, and Gilbert.

In the end, it was a fucking heartbreaker but we were out coached.

I was shitfaced in Heinz Field when I watched it in person, now watching it on TV and here are my notes.

2. Jordan Cameron flat out cost us a TD, he fell fucking down and we settled for a field goal. Stay on your feet and that's 7 points.

It was a good catch and he lost balance. Lets hope his shoulder allows him to redeem that.

3. Brian Hoyer had 3 interceptions dropped. Once by Shazier, one by Taylor, one by Allen. He still throws some very questionable passes. I don't think he's set in stone to be a great starter. He got away with A LOT. He can also be soo oooo good when he's confident. He is going to struggle without Gordon.

5. Hawkins & Gabriel are quality starters. The lack of a true #1 is disturbing. Should of drafted Watkins, Evans, or Benjamin.

6. Joe Haden is overrated. He gets burnt far too much to be elite. He causes a lot of penalties too. Had 2 or 3 this game. Joe Haden is an above average corner but not elite. He's just the best we have. He's Antonio Browns bitch. Justin Gilbert is totally fucking lost. I don't know whats worse, his lack of coverage or the fact he has the tackling ability of a frightened college mentality back up. I would bench him on principal alone.

He seems to dominate most elite receivers, Antonio Brown has always been one that seems to have his ticket.

I am willing to bet after a few games your opinion of Whitner will change. Time will tell.

10. Whoever is the tackling coach, should be shot. I'd have these fuckers running gassers until they died. Fucking pathetic.

12. 30 seconds left in the 3rd on 3rd and 1 and Hoyer or someone fucked up a hand off. Settled for a field goal. We should of scored there or got the first down. Too many mistakes like this cost us games.

14. The fake punt... That's balls right there. That's playing to win. That's a perfect example of why the Steelers are better than us. They play to win. That changed the momentum. We had them pinned and another classic fuck up by Haden and Gilbert.

It really took very little balls to run the fake. We gave it to them by blowing coverage on the gunner. Its probably an automatic.

15. We lot off the fucking gas in the final minutes. This is on Shanahan and Pettine. We quit doing what got us to comeback. Total fucking pussy shit. I can't believe we punted with 4:30 left. We had it 2nd and 7 and we should have just kept fucking pounding it or did a play action. This was a momentum shifter.

Completely agree with this and number 16, changing to huddle , discontinuing to run and on 3rd and 17 throwing the bubble were bad play calling.

16. Our final drive, sacked for -6 yards, at this point WHY NOT LET THE FUCKING CLOCK RUN OUT TO FORCE PITT TO USE A TIME OUT? Next play, incomplete pass... next play a screen for -4 yards. Got scared and played like fucking dummies. Instead of giving Pittsburgh 20-30 seconds with no timeouts, we gave them 49.

17. Am I fucking dreaming or how did we FUCK UP THAT PUNT INSIDE THE 1? That's fucking pathetic. Another classic Cleveland opportunity we let slip.

Did we really fuck it up or was it a bad call? Ive not been able to rewatch it.

18. Gilbert burnt twice in the final 30 seconds. Why didn't they fucking pull his ass earlier? The 20 yard pick up Gilberts dumb fucking ass was 6 yards away and laying on the fucking ground. God what a bum.

But it was classic blown opportunities (the fake punt, punt inside the 1 and shitty coaching (our final drive, not forcing them to burn their timeouts, not pulling Gilbert) in the end that got us.

Bright Spots: 0-line, RB's, Hoyer, Hawkins, Gabriel, Dansby, Kruger, Mingo, Bryant, Kirskey.

Overall once the alcohol has left your system you make some very good points. I commented on a few above in red.

Pretty much dead on. I just could not believe how many tackels were missed in the 1st half. Our front 7 did a pretty good job, had a few out. The impressive thing to me about the whole thing was that we came back a couple of rookies and some back up players. It shows the system does work. The up tempo for sure took them by surprise, but we cant do that all game every game, or our O lineman will die. If they practiced it all off season, maybe a better idea. Like usual, boneheaded plays affected the outcome. I still think that drop kick was crazy to see in real time.

I was disappointed in Whitner as well, but it's only one game.

We're going to have to see how we play the next few games to get a good read on this team. We looked like the worst team on Earth in the first half, then looked like a solid team in the second half.

Defensively, it looks like we will still have trouble covering RBs & TEs on pass routes.

walter. love you man but you got to realize some things.

these guys are just starting to get back in the rhythm of things after healing from wounds, laying on their couch with kids and just trying to have a normal life. unless you live in the gym and dedicate your life 24/7 365 it might take a month or two to get back into the swing of things. hell it's not like your bou manziel was in berea doing something to win the starting QB job.

imagine you, after months of eating cheetos getting a call from your manager saying he has aperfect role for you playing a svelt tough guy in a movie starting in a month. you gonna be there in shape?

joe haden is no slouch. either is gilbert. our D WILL be great by the end of the year and hopefully the bitch slap pettine threw on the team during halftime last week is still stinging them in their ears and will start their dominance in these next few games.

what i saw on sunday (like i said in another post) was a tale of 2 halves.

the browns on each side of the ball looked as if they were scared to get hurt in the first half. seriously i saw many a defender just give up on a guy after 2 yards. i saw guys looking down with their heads in the dirt and just throwing up a hand. pettine will not stand for this coming from a defense he has his name attached to. nor will shanahan go down as a punk off. coordinator.

the saints are going to be one tough MFing matchup but remember what the browns do to the un-beatables...giants, patriots and maybe even another super bowl contender who gave us no chance.

expect a totally different start from this group compared to last week.

Shit-faced and texting the Tavern... what a way to spend an afternoon in Heinz Field... smh...

Rewatched the game... and took notes... awesome... general game impressions can be quite valuable.

FYI... after Cam "cost us a TD" your boy, Bitonio did. He forgot the first rule of pass blocking. When faced with two pass rushers, take the one with the shortest path to your QB. In the case of the play at 06:27 of Q1, Bito took the outside rusher, Keisel went inside and was in Hoyer's lap before he could set.

Bito made some good plays, and may be good someday, but right now he is a rookie with some growing to do... perfect for the love you have leftover from your Johnny period.

Well I'm glad somebody else noticed Armonty swiping his cock all over Bens face on that play. Ben never looked the same afterwards. He had this sour look on him the rest of the day...I know something must have been smarting cause his throws were just a lil off from then on. First half he was on fire. Surprised nobody else really noticed and was giving Armonty props.

Pretty much dead on. I just could not believe how many tackels were missed in the 1st half. Our front 7 did a pretty good job, had a few out. The impressive thing to me about the whole thing was that we came back a couple of rookies and some back up players. It shows the system does work. The up tempo for sure took them by surprise, but we cant do that all game every game, or our O lineman will die. If they practiced it all off season, maybe a better idea. Like usual, boneheaded plays affected the outcome. I still think that drop kick was crazy to see in real time.

O linemen will die....give me a break...the game lasts an hour...say we get possession 50% of the time....that's 30 minutes of offense....then there's all the commercial time outs, not to mention a certain percentage of fouls to be adjudicated, etc. where these guys can catch their breath....do you honestly think these "elite" athletes can't last 30 minutes interspersed with 3 minute breaks for commercials.....?? doesn't make sense.....300 lb college O linemen do it all the time....you're telling me they're more fit than these "pros?"....

right on!

I've been saying this for years. Now it doesn't seem to get the same jeers and chuckles here anymore.

Ike Taylor has been dropping sure picks for years. Why should he be tougher on Hoyer than any other QB?

Did Shazier really look that good in person?

Haden dominates the best in the game.....Calvin Johnson, AJ Green etc. But yes, for some reason, he has trouble with Brown.

Haden dominates the best in the game.....Calvin Johnson, AJ Green etc. But yes, for some reason, he has trouble with Brown.

Are you implying brown isn't one of the best in the game? If not please disregard.

Are you implying brown isn't one of the best in the game? If not please disregard.

I am implying that he is not as good as Green or Johnson or Fitzgerald. But yes, he is very good. Probably Top Ten in the league. But it is a fact that Haden does better against those others and not as well against Browns. So, yes, that is a compliment for him.

One site I checked listed these as the Top Ten WRs in the league this year (no order)

Calvin Johnson

Dez Bryant

Brandon Marshall

Julio Jones

Demarius Thomas

TY Hilton

Larry Fitzgerald

AJ Green

Antonio Brown

Gordon...if he played.

Post game, Hoyer said that in the 2nd half the Oline was gassed. The topic of the question he was

answering was whether the Offense could sustain the no-huddle for the entire game.

doesn't seem to bother the eagles...and they run it all the time...there may be good reasons why not to run this offense, but "our players aren't in good enough shape" shouldn't be one of them....

doesn't seem to bother the eagles...and they run it all the time...there may be good reasons why not to run this offense, but "our players aren't in good enough shape" shouldn't be one of them....

No argument here. Just telling you what the man said.

Although, Philly runs it as their primary offense, through training camp into the season. So they may be

a little more acclimated to the pace.

I am implying that he is not as good as Green or Johnson or Fitzgerald. But yes, he is very good. Probably Top Ten in the league. But it is a fact that Haden does better against those others and not as well against Browns. So, yes, that is a compliment for him.

One site I checked listed these as the Top Ten WRs in the league this year (no order)

Calvin Johnson

Dez Bryant

Brandon Marshall

Julio Jones

Demarius Thomas

TY Hilton

Larry Fitzgerald

AJ Green

Antonio Brown

Gordon...if he played.

Brown is every bit as good as those you list, he's just not 6'3 or taller. I also wouldn't put t.y Hilton on that list at all.

Brown is every bit as good as those you list, he's just not 6'3 or taller. I also wouldn't put t.y Hilton on that list at all.

No one but a Steeler fan would list Brown as good as Megatron, Green, or Fitz.

While I did not list them in order when I wrote it down, the website I took this from had him at #10, behind all those others.

No one but a Steeler fan would list Brown as good as Megatron, Green, or Fitz.

While I did not list them in order when I wrote it down, the website I took this from had him at #10, behind all those others.

K. Let's just wait until this season is over and we'll see where he rates.

Gilbert gives up another sack. Jesus Christ, that's 3 in 2 games I believe. But according to Vag, this Steelers Oline is much improved. Lol, what a joke.

I have him at 4 in a game and a 1/2....but who's counting(not vag).....

Bet the squealers would trade for Schwartz in a heart beat......

I love watching the Squeelers D get called for the illegal hits they make.

And if you started Owen Daniels in fantasy.. you're both lucky and a genius.

I might hate the Steelers, but I love defense and the game itself. That first call was pure bullshit. The second was still too damn close to call.

I love watching the Squeelers D get called for the illegal hits they make.

And if you started Owen Daniels in fantasy.. you're both lucky and a genius.

I dropped him in my one league. I picked him up in the very last round of the draft too. With all the talk of Pitta, I figured he wasn't worth holding on to. Might just be one good lucky week for him?

Archived