THE BROWNS BOARD

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"And that's how it came o pass, that on the second-to-last day of the job, the offensive unit that tarred the stadium roof in the Fall of 2014 wound up sitting in a row at ten o'clock in the morning, drinking icy cold Bohemian style of beer, courtesy of the hardest screw that ever walked a turn at First Energy Field" - SHAWshank Redemption.

It's hard to believe that the Brown's fans (and media)have choked on the Manzel cool-aid. You have a quarterback right under your nose that may be the best rookie in the league in Conner Shaw. He led the University of South Carolina to three consecutive 11 win seasons and last year he only threw one interception. He is a very smart player and plays with class. You will never see him flip off the other team, he'll just beat you day in , day out with his running and passing. The players will respect him and play hard for him because of his character. If they would had kicked the extra point and gone into overtime he would have won them the game. The more he is in the game the better he gets. He was the only highlight of the entire game. Give the kid a chance and allow him to get you out of the cellar!

Well, at least the entire nation didn't see our 2 QBs shit the bed. Oh wait, they did........ Well at least the entire nation got to see who the best QB on or roster really is.

It's hard to believe that the Brown's fans (and media)have choked on the Manzel cool-aid. You have a quarterback right under your nose that may be the best rookie in the league in Conner Shaw. He led the University of South Carolina to three consecutive 11 win seasons and last year he only threw one interception. He is a very smart player and plays with class. You will never see him flip off the other team, he'll just beat you day in , day out with his running and passing. The players will respect him and play hard for him because of his character. If they would had kicked the extra point and gone into overtime he would have won them the game. The more he is in the game the better he gets. He was the only highlight of the entire game. Give the kid a chance and allow him to get you out of the cellar!

Welcome to the board, and you may be right!

We do have an earlier Connor Shaw thread, maybe a page or 3 back. There's some bullshit in there, but also some genuine enthusiasm for the kid.

Definitely earned that 2nd string job tonight.

Shaw was the only QB on the Browns roster that actually played like an NFL QB. Hoyer, who's been practicing with the 1's and should have his timing on routes/throws down, simply couldn't toss an accurate ball to anyone. You can say the same for Manziel, who wouldn't stay in the pocket if you cemented his feet into the ground 7 yards behind Alex Mack.

I'm officially on the Shaw bandwagon. Connor Freakin' Football!

McShay's take on Shaw while everyone is on his bandwagon :D (I think McShay is an idiot, but his job is to evaluate NFL talent)

"His arm strength is adequate, not great," McShay wrote. "He's gotten better with his tempo, timing and ball placement on intermediate to longer throws, and as long as he's within 35 yards, he's pretty good. Beyond that is when his accuracy really dips, so that's something he needs to work on with his lower-body mechanics."

I almost think he's a good cross between Hoyer's playing style and Manziel's style.

Like he'll make that extra read that Manziel won't get to, but has the ability to make an omelette like Hoyer can't if shit breaks down.

And either way he's decisive. Makes his decision and throttles it.

I liked his presence. Looked smooth under pressure and with better footwork than Hoyer or JF. I hope they keep him and develop him. I can see JF/Shaw as 1-2 next season and with our pattern. He could be the starter in 2016.

I liked his presence. Looked smooth under pressure and with better footwork than Hoyer or JF. I hope they keep him and develop him. I can see JF/Shaw as 1-2 next season and with our pattern. He could be the starter in 2016.

2016? Heck, our #3 coming out of camp last year not only started last year, but is was this years' hope as the veteran starter.

Seeing was believing. Now don't be like a Manzealot- the way our third sting sieve of a defense was playing, the Browns might not have gotten the ball if it went to overtime. :)

I normally don't get hyped over these castoffs and 3-4th string players.

Shaw looked ten times better than both Manziel and Hoyer and should get a serious look.

He played loose and played smart. Maybe we found a gem?

That was Connor's job audition, and he aced the test.

If the Browns were thinking of sneaking Shaw onto the practice squad. UM, no way in hell that's happening now. Every team in the league that's looking for a #3, would sign him to their regular roster.

LOL, it is funny how guys like him come up with phantom injuries in a week or two.

Creates a problem, we're not keeping 4 quarterbacks.

I liked the kid when we drafted him and I think he performed admirably.

I wonder how long Grossman would stay on the practice squad, probably not very. Can we hire him as an assistant coach? Then we can re sign him if somebody gets hurt?

WSS

We didn't draft him. He went undrafted, we signed him. For what it's worth.

Archived