THE BROWNS BOARD

rich4eagle

I been a Browns fan since 1954 and was avid until dumbness took over the last ten years. If this franchise drafts another OL guy with those first three picks I am done. I love the Brownies but we have now is a distortion of reality and sucking up to a loser a THE DAWG POUND because defense wins nothing. Scoring does! We haven't been able to score since Bernie and do the same ole dumbass sbit since.

Get three game offense game changers who touch the ball on offense those first three picks. Or juckit I am done. Does anyone understand making the same loser mistakes year after year get it?

Being a member of this board since it started makes me cry that we the dumbest fans in world supporting lunacy losing

funny how three of the younger better teams that made the playoffs all started their playoff campaign by bulking up their offense of lineman the Eagles the Seahawks and the 49ers. not to mention they did it with quarterbacks that didn't have first round expectations.

what if they take Jake Matthews with the four pic move up to take Mike Evans and then move back into the first round and grab a quarterback. do you promise to still leave and quit whining??

Irish seem to remember a few years ago I wanted Matt Kalil instead of TBITCH and blackmon. Richie Eagle and ghollie were absolutely happy with those busts. exactly how many lineman have you taken in the first round??? the way this idiot talks we take one every year

I been a Browns fan since 1954 and was avid until dumbness took over the last ten years. If this franchise drafts another OL guy with those first three picks I am done. I love the Brownies but we have now is a distortion of reality and sucking up to a loser a THE DAWG POUND because defense wins nothing. Scoring does! We haven't been able to score since Bernie and do the same ole dumbass sbit since.

Get three game offense game changers who touch the ball on offense those first three picks. Or juckit I am done. Does anyone understand making the same loser mistakes year after year get it?

Being a member of this board since it started makes me cry that we the dumbest fans in world supporting lunacy losing

Drafting great O lineman in the first round isnt why we have sucked. Hell that may be the only thing we have done right! Reaching for QB's and overall bad picks really everywhere but the line have been the issue. So you would prefer to see them reach again for a sexy pick that will make you happy short term? Fucked up logic.

Drafting great O lineman in the first round isnt why we have sucked. Hell that may be the only thing we have done right! Reaching for QB's and overall bad picks really everywhere but the line have been the issue. So you would prefer to see them reach again for a sexy pick that will make you happy short term? Fucked up logic.

well yeah a running back ribs of a 20 yard gain it's because he's a stud not because he has a good line. a quarterback hits a receiver more than 10 yards downfield free 30 yard gain it's because they are studs not because he has proper protection. fantasy league studs or Bust buddy

Buh-Bye

Rich, the drafting of "offensive playmakers" in our first rounds has been atrocious. Weeden/TR/Quinn/Edward/K2/Wm Green/. We have had better luck getting OL....Thomas/Mack etc.

The drafting of OL would not seem so bad if the drafting of the skill people hadn't been so awful. It makes one gun shy about getting more QBs/RBs/WR/TEs.

I would like to see the Browns come out of this draft with a quality WR and QB......but I would rather see them come out with a quality OL, than duds at WR/QB....like has happened so much in the past.

Personally, if they went and got a CB and ILB in this first round, I would not unhappy at all.

Two things have hurt this team most the last few years: Bad QBs, and bad tackling....expecially by the ILBs.

Rich, the drafting of "offensive playmakers" in our first rounds has been atrocious. Weeden/TR/Quinn/Edward/K2/Wm Green/. We have had better luck getting OL....Thomas/Mack etc.

The drafting of OL would not seem so bad if the drafting of the skill people hadn't been so awful. It makes one gun shy about getting more QBs/RBs/WR/TEs.

I would like to see the Browns come out of this draft with a quality WR and QB......but I would rather see them come out with a quality OL, than duds at WR/QB....like has happened so much in the past.

Personally, if they went and got a CB and ILB in this first round, I would not unhappy at all.

Two things have hurt this team most the last few years: Bad QBs, and bad tackling....expecially by the ILBs.

I have a lot of faith in Farmer & Pettine, & not just in the draft. I agree about the bad tackling & think that, with Pettine, the arm tackling will either stop or we'll see a LOT of new faces on D...same with WRs who fail to HOLD the ball. Pettine's stance on accountability totally won me over.

Mike

I have a lot of faith in Farmer & Pettine, & not just in the draft. I agree about the bad tackling & think that, with Pettine, the arm tackling will either stop or we'll see a LOT of new faces on D...same with WRs who fail to HOLD the ball. Pettine's stance on accountability totally won me over.

Mike

Lets pray he's not stupid on gameday...coz if he is...he can take a hike too.

Folks,

We are going to have a good Draft this year, the best we've had in years.

Odds are it won't be what everyone expected, and probably not the players folks are looking for, but it's going to be a good one.

well yeah a running back ribs of a 20 yard gain it's because he's a stud not because he has a good line. a quarterback hits a receiver more than 10 yards downfield free 30 yard gain it's because they are studs not because he has proper protection. fantasy league studs or Bust buddy

I love me some fantasy football for sure BUT it has become an overwhelming influence on who and what we perceive as valuable on a football team thats for sure.

Folks,

Odds are it won't be what everyone expected, and probably not the players folks are looking for, but it's going to be a good one.

I believe that too.

Mike

Folks,

i'm soo frickin hoping you're right. hell i don't care which direction the browns go in (well that'd be a lie BUT). let's just get this thing started. 24 1/2 hours and counting.

At this point I don't care who we draft. The articles, speculations, "rumors" are all overplayed by now. I hate the draft being later this year.

Whoever they draft I'm 100% behind them. Let's go browns! I want playoffs this year!!!

Folks,

Totally agree............. Best draft post yet.

Seattle Defense won this year.

Baltimore Defense won last year.

:blink:

To take it a point further...here's the top offenses of all time and their results.

0 SUPERBOWLS

1. DENVER this season, 606 points. Postseason result: LOST in the Super Bowl today.

2. NEW ENGLAND 2007 season, 589 points. Result: Lost to NY Giants in Super Bowl 42.

3. GREEN BAY 2011 season, 560 points. Result: Lost to NY Giants in divisional round.
4. NEW ENGLAND 2012 season, 557 points. Result: Lost to Baltimore Ravens in AFC Championship Game.

5. MINNESOTA 1998 season, 556 points. Result: Lost to Atlanta in the NFC Championship Game.

6. NEW ORLEANS 2011 season, 547 points. Result: Lost to the 49ers in the NFC divisional round.

7. WASHINGTON 1983 season, 541 points. Result: Lost to the L.A. Raiders in Super Bowl XVIII.

Yes, SCORING wins games...but they DO NOT WIN SUPERBOWLS.

Take a LOOK AT the results of the TOP DEFENSES of all time and their result.

You are not a true dog.

To take it a point further...here's the top offenses of all time and their results.

0 SUPERBOWLS

1. DENVER this season, 606 points. Postseason result: LOST in the Super Bowl today.

2. NEW ENGLAND 2007 season, 589 points. Result: Lost to NY Giants in Super Bowl 42.

3. GREEN BAY 2011 season, 560 points. Result: Lost to NY Giants in divisional round.

4. NEW ENGLAND 2012 season, 557 points. Result: Lost to Baltimore Ravens in AFC Championship Game.

5. MINNESOTA 1998 season, 556 points. Result: Lost to Atlanta in the NFC Championship Game.

6. NEW ORLEANS 2011 season, 547 points. Result: Lost to the 49ers in the NFC divisional round.

7. WASHINGTON 1983 season, 541 points. Result: Lost to the L.A. Raiders in Super Bowl XVIII.

You are not a true dog.

Beautifully put man.

0 SUPERBOWLS

You are not a true dog.

Do you have similar number for best defenses? (going back to only when the 16 game season began)

I don't know the numbers, but I will speculate on a few of them:

1985 Bears

2000 Ravens

2002 Bucs?

The last time we drafted a high OL we got a probable HOFer who never missed a game.

And I expect we draft a defensive guy with 1 of our 1sts.

Rich- this time I'm with you- we need game changers- be it offense or defense. Drafting a guy @ #4 to play RT is not a game changer. It's idiotic. you can find great RTs in the second or even third round. You don't find elite offensive talent like Watkins in the third round unless you get mighty lucky- which is what we did with Gordon in the second.

Great to to fuel the dumbassness of browns fans. It is what it is. The dumbest fuckming fans on the planet. When the Browns were the greatest show in football it was not about OL's or the some dumbass dawg pound

unfortunately stupid took over

It is sad these great fans are just stupid about football and so has been Browns management. Picking Johnny was a good thing, but Bortles was my guess. The Steelers got a stud again in the OLB from OSU which the Browns seem to forget those players every year. PISS ON ME GENIUSES FOR ONLY BEING RIGHT FOR TWENTY YEARS

Carlos Hyde if they don't take him they are again stupid

I remain steadfast and correct OL guys are a dime a dozen.............smooch Cleveland...............luv yah

Archived