THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer Staying in Cleveland over Dolphins GM Job

CLEinCHI

Farmer, I say again, needs to be promoted, and in charge of the draft, along with the

hc, whoever that is.

Scumbardi and Banner should be fired. They didn't show any improvement over the year, either.

One at a time...........Lombardi now............Banner next off season. Give Farmer and coach control over personnel..........Banner can do what he does best,

count the money and keep the cap in control. .

Farmer, I say again, needs to be promoted, and in charge of the draft, along with the

hc, whoever that is.

Scumbardi and Banner should be fired. They didn't show any improvement over the year, either.

i was wrong when i said farmer (you?) is gone. i thought he had already taken the dolphins GM position.

BUT

yes this guy needs a promotion. he seems like the only level-headed guy in a room off-balance. he should have at least 33.3% say in player acquisitions.

If we are lucky its because Haslam told him Banner and Lombardi are headed out and he is getting a promotion.

This thought has been in my mind for some days now.

The first step was getting the HC issue settled.

Now wait to get all the assistants settled, and I honestly think we may see Haslam show Lombardi the door.

Lombardi hasn't even been tracking players down at the Senior Bowl, Farmer's the one that's been scouting out the the players.

Think about that a minute.

Farmer's doing all our scouting, then gets hired by Miami as their new GM (so we would've basically been paying Farmer to scout for the Dolphins), and then since Lombardi's off schmoozing somewhere we end up without the scouting info we're looking for.

No sir, it would not surprise me one bit to see Lombardi heading out after all the crap that's been tied to him already.

Farmer has been nearly 100% in charge of scouting for the draft since we brought him in. He's the one at all the events, with his team of guys. Not sure how much say he has on draft day though, but I would hope closer to 50%

If the Browns hit a home run in the 2014 draft, who do you think will get credit for a great draft? It sure as fuck won't be Farmer!

Farmer has been nearly 100% in charge of scouting for the draft since we brought him in. He's the one at all the events, with his team of guys. Not sure how much say he has on draft day though, but I would hope closer to 50%

So? What you are saying is that Lombardi may actually be Mike Holmgren Jr.? Hangs arounds, smokes cigars. does diddley squat?

• 2 weeks later...

This thought has been in my mind for some days now.

The first step was getting the HC issue settled.

Now wait to get all the assistants settled, and I honestly think we may see Haslam show Lombardi the door.

Lombardi hasn't even been tracking players down at the Senior Bowl, Farmer's the one that's been scouting out the the players.

Think about that a minute.

Farmer's doing all our scouting, then gets hired by Miami as their new GM (so we would've basically been paying Farmer to scout for the Dolphins), and then since Lombardi's off schmoozing somewhere we end up without the scouting info we're looking for.

No sir, it would not surprise me one bit to see Lombardi heading out after all the crap that's been tied to him already.

A most interesting rumor is starting to heat up today, just along the lines of what I speculated on above :

MF Jones @CONCEDE 3h Whispers seem to think a major move is being discussed..... Front office related. If you've paid attn you prob know my guess #Browns

Jeffrey Goines @Animaleyz 2h @CONCEDE some kind of under the table deal Farmer and Pettine came to while in Mobile. Farmer staying announcement came minutes after...

MF Jones @CONCEDE 3h Whispers think the move could happen before the combine.... Which could explain why in the world farmer wanted to stay. #Browns

MF Jones @CONCEDE 2h @FiveThous: .@CONCEDE Lombardi gone and farmer promoted? Dream come true.”-- or both promoted

One thing I can say, this Off - Season hasn't been boring yet . . .

I could speculate a little bit:

1.) Pettine was not the candidate Lombardi wanted to hire

2.) Lombardi is butting heads with Farmer and the other scouts on their prospect rankings.

3.) Lombardi's probably not going anywhere this offseason, but maybe he's on the hot seat

Is Farmer actually that good or is it case of he isn't Lombardi?

Most people think he's a big part of that Chiefs team that's been assembled out in KC.

I could speculate a little bit:

1.) Pettine was not the candidate Lombardi wanted to hire

2.) Lombardi is butting heads with Farmer and the other scouts on their prospect rankings.

3.) Lombardi's probably not going anywhere this offseason, but maybe he's on the hot seat

Current possibities, but was it not also true that Lombardi wanted Chud? That plus his 2013 draft ought to be enough.

In his time with the Chiefs, he was involved (to what extent I don't know) with drafting 11, of their 22, 2013 starters, plus a few guys they lost in FA who started for other teams...

He also was part of the FO that traded Jared Allen to the Vikings... which you might not think was a good idea, but they eventually drafted Branden Albert, their starting LG, and a guy named Jamaal Charles with the picks they received in that trade...

I don't think he is some talent evaluator "guru" who's going to find those 6th round and UDFA gems, BUT when he was in KC it seemed that they never missed in the first 3 rounds, and that's what counts...

I think it is a "hope" thing.

Young up and coming guy ... could be our Ozzie Newsome.

And, yes, that's the easy comparison because he's black ... but let's go with it.

Zombo

--and he isn't Lombardi

Archived