• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 PoeticG

PoeticG

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • Interests:I like playing football. Coaching my kids. Training and working hard. Sweating and getting dirty. Relaxing and playing videogames. Barbequeing and camping. Writing poems and Freestyling for hours. Creating inventions, products and franchises. Watching documentaries about ancient times and civilizations. Talking with strangers and posting about The Cleveland Browns.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Somebody shake me... Wake me up from this... say it ain't so, Randy, don't go... :(

Randy,

You have been here from day "one". Okay maybe your Father was the original owner but you've been around since the beginning. I started my Browns' Fandom in '99 when they came back. We owe a lot to your Father. He "passed"- before we could thank him with a Championship, he passed that on to you. Please, Randy, reconsider. This ship that's been sinking for such a long time, We- the fans, have been right here with you. This is the time, this is the time we finally hit the smooth sailing. It's been a rough stretch of water for some time. We've been through a lot together. Once a Brown, Always a Brown. It means something to ME that you stay to see through what your Father entrusted to you. I think we are getting there, BE STRONG, we have all been tested, all of us fans have considered that we might not have it in us, to be loyal and continue to support THE CLEVELAND BROWNS, yet WE REMAIN loyal and stand ready to take on all-comers. Stand with us Randy Lerner. Give us this last chance to prove that- yes! Once a Brown, Always a Brown! The rough part is over, STAY HERE and let's REDEEM The Cleveland Browns' Legacy TOGETHER! For Your FATHER! THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR THAT IS RIGHT NOW!! GIVE US THIS- THIS LAST CHANCE- FOR ALFRED LERNER!!!

Signed,
The Brownies.

#2 PoeticG

PoeticG

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • Interests:I like playing football. Coaching my kids. Training and working hard. Sweating and getting dirty. Relaxing and playing videogames. Barbequeing and camping. Writing poems and Freestyling for hours. Creating inventions, products and franchises. Watching documentaries about ancient times and civilizations. Talking with strangers and posting about The Cleveland Browns.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

#3 The Gipper

The Gipper

Number Hangs in the Rafters

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,436 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

Why no love for this guy: Arthur B. "Mickey" McBride. Original owner of Browns.

#4 The Gipper

The Gipper

• REGISTERED
  • 21,436 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

#5 PoeticG

PoeticG

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...-future-unclear

The latest Cleveland Browns rebuilding effort won't get finished, just like all the ones before it. President Mike Holmgren tried to build a foundation on top of all the other failed plans, but the imminent sale of the franchise means Holmgren's blueprints likely will end up in the trash like the rest.

Pat Shurmur surely will coach this season, but the pressure to win will be enormous and unrealistic. The roster has too many holes. Brandon Weeden -- the 28-year-old rookie quarterback -- can't save everyone.

Holmgren could be out as soon as expected new owner Jimmy Haslam arrives, and Holmgren knows it. Under current Browns owner Randy Lerner, Holmgren possessed more organizational clout than perhaps any non-owner in the NFL except Bill Belichick. It's hard to imagine a smooth transition for Holmgren under new leadership.

Frustrated Browns fans might be excited for change, but they equally should be frustrated if the team starts all over again. Holmgren wasted a year making up his mind on Eric Mangini and another year going all-in on Colt McCoy. Holmgren also couldn't close a deal for Robert Griffin III.

It should be noted Holmgren and hand-picked general manager Tom Heckert have drafted well for the Browns, McCoy aside. Cornerback Joe Haden, safety T.J. Ward, wideout Greg Little, linebacker Jabaal Sheard, and nose tackle Phil Taylor all look like building blocks. Haden should be a star.

Holmgren's Browns quietly have made some strides, like Mangini did on defense in his two years. We probably just won't ever find out if the plan was going to work.

The Browns will rebuild again; it's only a matter of time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just what we don't want. We are on the cusp of taking over the AFCN this season. The Steelers and Ravens are old. The Bengals can be beaten. We can win this division. We can make some noise once we get into the playoffs. You can't bet against the Browns in the Playoffs! Could you imagine the hunger of our team.

#6 Tim Couch Pulls Out

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,484 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Shut the actual fuck up. Everything you say is just flat out annoying.

#7 PoeticG

PoeticG

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

I think Lerner is making a BIG mistake, once this season plays out the Browns will be looked upon as contenders and the Media bucks will come rolling in. Hold on Randy!

#8 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

College Starter

• REGISTERED
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hopefully that the team will stay in Cleveland. As that is where they need the Dog Pound as it is called.

#9 4Browns

4Browns

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Are you serious dude, i kept waiting for the tip off that it was sarcastic. You should delete that shit because it is embarrassing.

Randy Lerner is a tool and his Dad the saintly Alfred Lerner was driving the get away car that Art Modell used to take our football team to Baltimore.

The Lerners wont be missed.

Somebody shake me... Wake me up from this... say it ain't so, Randy, don't go... :(

Randy,

You have been here from day "one". Okay maybe your Father was the original owner but you've been around since the beginning. I started my Browns' Fandom in '99 when they came back. We owe a lot to your Father. He "passed"- before we could thank him with a Championship, he passed that on to you. Please, Randy, reconsider. This ship that's been sinking for such a long time, We- the fans, have been right here with you. This is the time, this is the time we finally hit the smooth sailing. It's been a rough stretch of water for some time. We've been through a lot together. Once a Brown, Always a Brown. It means something to ME that you stay to see through what your Father entrusted to you. I think we are getting there, BE STRONG, we have all been tested, all of us fans have considered that we might not have it in us, to be loyal and continue to support THE CLEVELAND BROWNS, yet WE REMAIN loyal and stand ready to take on all-comers. Stand with us Randy Lerner. Give us this last chance to prove that- yes! Once a Brown, Always a Brown! The rough part is over, STAY HERE and let's REDEEM The Cleveland Browns' Legacy TOGETHER! For Your FATHER! THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR THAT IS RIGHT NOW!! GIVE US THIS- THIS LAST CHANCE- FOR ALFRED LERNER!!!

Signed,
The Brownies.

#10 Bills-n-Browns-Fan

Bills-n-Browns-Fan

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Randy,

Signed,
The Brownies.

Oh yeah I'm just kidding

Fixed it :D

#11 Gips

Gips

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Randy never had the moxy to run the browns football organization anywhere but into the ground and i think he is a real douche for not handling the sale of the team either before training camp or waiting until after the season..
Not a real classy move by either of these guys imho that is all it has done is cause a distraction for the coaches/players and whipped the city and fans into an angst of the team leaving town or being controlled by the stoolers...

#12 Zombo

Zombo

Member since Sept 12, 2003

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 16,996 posts
  • Interests:The Cleveland Browns

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Randy,

Signed,
The Brownies

Well, now we finally know who "Poetic G" is:

Zombo

#13 choco

choco

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Gips...so randys a douche for honoring his dying fathers wishes and waiting 10 years to sell the team?

You sound like a swell guy....

#14 ballpeen

ballpeen

Member since Mar 5, 2007

• REGISTERED
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

I don't know about that, but as for the timing, I doubt the selling of a billion dollar sports franchise can be done inside a timed window.

I think it happens when it happens. It would have been nice had this happened in January, but for whatever reason it didn't or couldn't.

This isn't like deciding to sell Ole' Betsy out in the driveway for $3000.

#15 slowburn

slowburn

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Good riddance, Lerner, you scarf around the neck wearing wanker twonk.

#16 hoorta

hoorta

Member since Dec 1, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts
  • Interests:Football, cycling, montaineering

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

Shut the actual fuck up. Everything you say is just flat out annoying.

PG, your optimism is nice, your sense of reality isn't. Seriously- what if your man-crush Richardson blows out a knee before the season starts? I haven't forgotten about Ki-Jana Carter.

I don't know why Lerner is ditching the Browns- but his track record as an owner sucks. Period. You hoping the blind squirrel finally found the acorn in Holmgren and Heckert? Cusp of turning things around? When the pundits have Cleveland as the worst team in the NFL. Well, I guess if you're at the bottom of the barrel, the only way is up, no? Lerner sure hasn't endeared himself to a lot of fans going across the pond to bankroll Aston Villa either.

Hopefully that the team will stay in Cleveland. As that is where they need the Dog Pound as it is called.

Not to fear- the as Fred Nance (who wrote the contract when Modell bailed) said "the Browns can't go anywhere until 2029 at the earliest".

#17 hammertime

hammertime

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

poetic g spot

you took such a beating over your man love for Trent.

Your mission is to be annoying forever???????????????

#18 Stewy

Stewy

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

An NFL owner that has more interest in soccer provides yet another reason to laugh at Cleveland.
I'm tired of everyone laughing at us.
Get the eff out Lerner and go tend to your sissy soccer team.

#19 Bills-n-Browns-Fan

Bills-n-Browns-Fan

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

Well, now we finally know who "Poetic G" is:

Zombo

Zombo, you have me in stitches :lol: :lol: and here's the response video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RT3GN1dgAY&feature=related

#20 The Gipper

The Gipper

• REGISTERED
  • 21,436 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

I don't know about that, but as for the timing, I doubt the selling of a billion dollar sports franchise can be done inside a timed window.

I think it happens when it happens. It would have been nice had this happened in January, but for whatever reason it didn't or couldn't.

This isn't like deciding to sell Ole' Betsy out in the driveway for $3000.

All indications are that this deal has been in the works for months and months. They put the kibash (sp.?) on it getting out in May, and it was probably well into talks even at that time. I don't think there is such a thing as "good timing" in a deal like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users