welcome to the browns board!

#22 WRREBEL

WRREBEL

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Who cares what analyst think? They are all a bunch of blow hards anyway..

#23 hammertime

hammertime

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

The browns have decent talent available now but its raw talent and combined with an unknown and somewhat questionable HC that may or may not be up to the job, now add in that we have a very rough schedule and are in the afcn to begin with and it makes it an easy and obvious choice that the browns are going to suck yet again for the press guys...

I myself think we will do better than most outsiders think if shurmur can somehow put it all together but with this schedule and so many unknown factors it could all go south as well..
The one thing that seems certain is that we are on the right path and for once regardless of how well we do this year we will be better for it next year..

raw talent.

that is the trick right there.

and yes, shurmer is raw also.

h&h have seen this before and do have a plan, about time.

#24 The Gipper

The Gipper

Number Hangs in the Rafters

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,885 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

raw talent.

that is the trick right there.

and yes, shurmer is raw also.

h&h have seen this before and do have a plan, about time.

In Holmgren's case, the plan that he had (in Seattle) didn't work until he returned to the sideline to coach. Not sure if that is his plan here.

#25 hammertime

hammertime

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

In Holmgren's case, the plan that he had (in Seattle) didn't work until he returned to the sideline to coach. Not sure if that is his plan here.

wasn't he the GM in Seatle?

#26 choco

choco

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

holmgren was GM/coach in seattle until '04 (iirc) when he was relieved of GM duties. his "plan" didn't really work cause he missed on a bunch of picks. but he still laid the foundation, the new GM put a few more pieces in place. so he never really left the sideline, rather his responsibilities were reduced to allow to better focus on one job....ie,coaching.

shurmur was in the same boat.

#27 The Gipper

The Gipper

• REGISTERED
  • 21,885 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

holmgren was GM/coach in seattle until '04 (iirc) when he was relieved of GM duties. his "plan" didn't really work cause he missed on a bunch of picks. but he still laid the foundation, the new GM put a few more pieces in place. so he never really left the sideline, rather his responsibilities were reduced to allow to better focus on one job....ie,coaching.

shurmur was in the same boat.

Note: I believe it was Holmgren himself who relieved himself of the GM job so he could concentrate on coaching. Good move considering they went to the Super Bowl the following year. I am not sure who did the "talent picking" while he was GM there. Maybe he did. N/W/S he is not doing that here with Heckert on board.

#28 miktoxic

miktoxic

• REGISTERED
  • 10,539 posts
  • Interests:not being interesting.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

i wonder how the people in seattle feel about the guy now. he left the team in shambles so he could take this well-paid cushy job.

how many more years of 5-11, 4-12 and what most people consider a high 4-12 this year.

hey i believe in sticking with a plan and a coach and their philosophy but the track record of them actually being able to fulfill that 5 year plan has not been too great in cleveland. i like heckert and think he's done a decent job but what exactly is the fat old man doing for us?

#29 choco

choco

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

KIRKLAND -- Mike Holmgren wanted to make one thing clear yesterday: He does not want to leave the Seahawks.
By the end of a hectic and trying day -- following a disappointing and frustrating season -- his actions spoke even louder than his words. Holmgren agreed to relinquish his title as general manager and fired his defensive coaches -- two things almost no one expected him to do.
"Honestly, I've never wanted anything more than to build a team, keep them together, develop high-character guys and get over the hump here," Holmgren said after the news conference to announce the organizational and coaching shake-ups.
Holmgren remains the head coach -- with the same contract, eight years and at least $32 million -- but a general manager will be hired to run the day-to-day operation and leave Holmgren to focus on coaching.
Ads by Google

http://www.seattlepi...her-1104389.php

doesn't sound like initiated the new GM, but he willingly ceded the GM position.

- whats the fat old man doing? he hired heckert....and does presidential things. you probably should know that being president doesn't normally mean your on the field in shorts teaching your new QB.

#30 ballpeen

ballpeen

Member since Mar 5, 2007

• REGISTERED
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Short attention spans were saying the same thing about the Bengals last year- rookie qb & wr. going nowhere.

I don't disagree. That is why I say don't worry about it, but based on what we have done, if I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't project many Browns wins. It's far safer to look at the numbers and play the odds.

Look at it this way.....is there a better chance we win 2, or 12? If you play the odds, you go with the 2 wins.

It's easier to explain off a Cinderella team then it is to explain off a 10 win projection when a team wins 3 games.

Just saying.

#31 WRREBEL

WRREBEL

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Well one time I hooked up with a hot girl, so anything is possible

#32 PoeticG

PoeticG

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • Interests:I like playing football. Coaching my kids. Training and working hard. Sweating and getting dirty. Relaxing and playing videogames. Barbequeing and camping. Writing poems and Freestyling for hours. Creating inventions, products and franchises. Watching documentaries about ancient times and civilizations. Talking with strangers and posting about The Cleveland Browns.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

"We're gonna be in the Playoffs." - Trent Richardson

12-4 Season Record Prediction - PoeticG

"THE PLAYOFFS"

#33 PoeticG

PoeticG

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • Interests:I like playing football. Coaching my kids. Training and working hard. Sweating and getting dirty. Relaxing and playing videogames. Barbequeing and camping. Writing poems and Freestyling for hours. Creating inventions, products and franchises. Watching documentaries about ancient times and civilizations. Talking with strangers and posting about The Cleveland Browns.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

"It's Brandon Weeden's Turn!!!" - Heard it from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Maybe the horse's mouth is actually Shurmur but Cribbs' voice is good enough for me. I like how he said Colt is still a young guy, can sit on the bench and learn for a few years(really, just what he needs right now) and still be an elite QB. I'm excited.

#34 miktoxic

miktoxic

• REGISTERED
  • 10,539 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

- whats the fat old man doing? he hired heckert....and does presidential things. you probably should know that being president doesn't normally mean your on the field in shorts teaching your new QB.

presidential things??? like lie?

heckert isn't on the field in shorts either but at least i can respect him.

#35 calfoxwc

calfoxwc

Member since Sept 14, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • 26,576 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

I LOVE the kind of terrifc players the Browns have brought on board. Talent, character, attitude, work ethic, some serious speed, love for the game....

that's how you build a great football team.

Come ON, football season.

#36 USFBrown

USFBrown

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:football, programming, movies, weight lifting.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I LOVE the kind of terrifc players the Browns have brought on board. Talent, character, attitude, work ethic, some serious speed, love for the game....

Terrific players? Cmon buddy. I love the optimism but these so called terrific players amounted to a 4-12 season. Unless you're talking about the terrific untested rookies...

#37 rich4eagle

rich4eagle

Member since Sept 18, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,414 posts
  • Interests:Peace and Prosperity for All<br />Stock Market<br />Motorcycling<br />Golf<br />Working out<br />Sports

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

just read 2 more articles that have the browns winning less games than last year.

http://bleacherrepor...-in-2012/page/9

http://bleacherrepor...leveland-browns

i predicted at least the same record as last year after seeing this year's schedule. these guys just plain out think the browns are going to stink this year.

i don't care if we only win 2 games as long as i see improvement on offense. i think our defense will get exposed this year, besides DQ who do we got at LB?

Just a year ago, some of these geniuses were making Hillis a stud, and were most fans, some of us called Hillis what he was a one year wonder. This team will be better than last year a lot better

#38 rich4eagle

rich4eagle

Member since Sept 18, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,414 posts
  • Interests:Peace and Prosperity for All<br />Stock Market<br />Motorcycling<br />Golf<br />Working out<br />Sports

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Damn now we agreed twice in the same day....................doubled the last ten years

#39 The Gipper

The Gipper

• REGISTERED
  • 21,885 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

Just a year ago, some of these geniuses were making Hillis a stud, and were most fans, some of us called Hillis what he was a one year wonder. This team will be better than last year a lot better

Hillis was a stud, when he played. He was hurt too much. Maybe because of injuries he will become a one year wonder, but the dude could run the ball.

#40 miktoxic

miktoxic

• REGISTERED
  • 10,539 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

like the tie in about how the browns are built around bob lamonte conspiracy.

http://bleacherrepor...leveland-browns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users