Kerrigan91

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Washington Redskins

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

http://www.nfl.com/n...n-iii-too-small

The narrative is being written. Cleveland Browns first-round pick Brandon Weeden had "the look of a No. 1 quarterback" according to The Plain Dealer at Tuesday's minicamp. Weeden is the one meeting with the media after practice. Colt McCoy is an afterthought.

Weeden is being sold. The other options Cleveland had at quarterback this offseason are being discredited. Veteran beat writer Tony Grossi reports that the Browns only pursued Robert Griffin III "enough to say that they tried." Griffin was viewed as "too small" and "eager to show how fast he was."

The Browns didn't like Matt Flynn either: "No bigger than McCoy with a similarly popgun arm. He was never seriously considered."

Or Ryan Tannehill: "His maturity as a quarterback and field leader were so lacking that he turned them off in personal interviews. He didnít project as a leader."

Now, before everyone starts with the "this is just a Redskins fan trying to gloat" - because I'm really not - what do you all think of this? I know if the Browns and Skins positions were switched and Snyder tried to argue something like this, the entire fanbase would collectively call shenanigans on him.

I believe what they're saying about Flynn or Tannehill, you guys were never really interested in those two. But trying to pass off that they were never really interested in RG3 seems like a bit of revisionist history - especially with how much Holmgren pushed the "Shanahan and Fischer are buddies" angle right after the trade went down.

Personally, I like Weeden over Tannehill and Flynn also, so you got the next best QB available, and I really think that he'll do well for you. It'll definitely help having a talent like Richardson behind him.

But trying to say that you were never interested in RG3? I gotta raise a flag at that.

#2 Harry Buffalo

Harry Buffalo

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

It's NFL.com quoting a beat writer who doesn't even mention who he got his info from or if its just his own personal thoughts. Don't read anything into the article.

#3 halfsane

halfsane

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

While I wanted to make the trade and I am sure Browns did too, I did have a lot of concern with is frame in this division.

I was afraid he would be beaten up and not able to take it physically. He liked to lay on the ground in college a lot and I never liked seeing that from him.

#4 Kerrigan91

Kerrigan91

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

While I wanted to make the trade and I am sure Browns did too, I did have a lot of concern with is frame in this division.

He's got Aaron Rodgers's frame. Would you have the same concerns about him?

#5 Butler Browns

Butler Browns

College Benchwarmer

• REGISTERED
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Correction: He's got Aaron Rodgers' frame with Olive Oyl's legs. It looks like he's walking on toothpicks.

#6 USFBrown

USFBrown

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Interests:football, programming, movies, weight lifting.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

It's NFL.com quoting a beat writer who doesn't even mention who he got his info from or if its just his own personal thoughts. Don't read anything into the article.

+1.

But anyways... I'm happy we got Weeden and were able to fill some other glaring spots on the team. I'm not saying Weeden is better but he seems like a better fit for our team. I wasn't overly impressed with Griffin when RGIII to da CLE kept posting his highlights (which consisted of a TON of overthrows, bad scrambling, and some other poor things). It was the Oklahoma video that turned me off most from him. But I only saw the "highlights" of that one video.

#7 MLD Woody

MLD Woody

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

They're just covering their tracks so they don't look completely retarded. I don't think they are fooling anybody though.

#8 Kerrigan91

Kerrigan91

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Correction: He's got Aaron Rodgers' frame with Olive Oyl's legs. It looks like he's walking on toothpicks.

Um, what?

Posted Image

Those are toothpicks?

Here's a comparison of Rodgers and Griffin:

Posted Image Posted Image

#9 hoorta

hoorta

Member since Dec 1, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • 8,481 posts
  • Interests:Football, cycling, montaineering

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

:) with that picture- you want a quarterback, or Usain Bolt? Just kidding. The guy has muscle on top of muscles. Personally I think H&H have a serious case of sour grapes- revisionist history.

#10 The Gipper

The Gipper

Number Hangs in the Rafters

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,290 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8299b497/article/report-browns-brass-called-robert-griffin-iii-too-small

Now, before everyone starts with the "this is just a Redskins fan trying to gloat" - because I'm really not - what do you all think of this? I know if the Browns and Skins positions were switched and Snyder tried to argue something like this, the entire fanbase would collectively call shenanigans on him.

I believe what they're saying about Flynn or Tannehill, you guys were never really interested in those two. But trying to pass off that they were never really interested in RG3 seems like a bit of revisionist history - especially with how much Holmgren pushed the "Shanahan and Fischer are buddies" angle right after the trade went down.

Personally, I like Weeden over Tannehill and Flynn also, so you got the next best QB available, and I really think that he'll do well for you. It'll definitely help having a talent like Richardson behind him.

But trying to say that you were never interested in RG3? I gotta raise a flag at that.

If you go back and look at my posts before the trade was made by the Redskins I said the very same thing: that I didn't think the Browns were all that interested in RGIII, particularly at the price that was being asked to move up to get him. I believed that the Browns felt that if RG was there at their #4 pick they may take him, but that they didn't like him well enough to pay an exorbitant price to move up to get him.
So, no. I actually buy it, because it was something I was selling.

#11 Tim Couch Pulls Out

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Yes. I would.

Stop coming in here and comparing RG3 to Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre/who the fuck cares. The dude hasn't taken a snap yet, calm down. Just because he has the same "frame" as somebody doesn't mean jack shit.

He's also the same "frame" as John Beck, David Garrard and Cleo Lemon.

Smarter men than you or I have claimed to had an issue with his stature; putting pictures up of a combine workout doesn't change that. If he proves people wrong and goes Pro Bowl for the next 12 years, then that is fantastic and I feel legitimately excited for you and the Redskins organization. But I'm not expecting it, and I don't think many other people are either.

I said it before and I'll say it again: RG3 owes Cam Newton a huge thank you. Without Cam's stellar year, RG3 would not have gotten the deal he did or been picked where he was.

And for those of you claiming RG3 is the next Cam...I've got 4 inches, 30 lbs, and a National Championship earned in a much harder conference that says otherwise.

#12 CLEVELandMILIDH

CLEVELandMILIDH

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Aaron Rogers makes a living throwing the ball, RG3 will make a living running the ball. He WILL take a pounding, when's the last time Mike Vick stayed healthy? That's why his stature would be a concern, he's a running quarterback. Don't compare him to a pocket passer.

#13 Bob806

Bob806

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:All Cleveland sports teams, Ohio State sports, bowling, golf, & camping.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

December 16th, Browns host the 'Skins. Hopefully RG3 & Weeden are healthy, and the game means something (especially for the Browns).

#14 Kerrigan91

Kerrigan91

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Aaron Rogers makes a living throwing the ball, RG3 will make a living running the ball. He WILL take a pounding, when's the last time Mike Vick stayed healthy? That's why his stature would be a concern, he's a running quarterback. Don't compare him to a pocket passer.

Um, no. He's a passer who has the ability to be a threat running. You can't compare him to Vick at all. If Vick's first option wasn't immediately available, he was tucking and running. Griffin is still looking to throw the ball after he breaks contain and only tucks it once he's past the line.

You say he'll make a living running the ball, but he's only called a "running QB" by people who don't know/haven't watched him. Am I saying he won't take a pounding? No. But he's far from a running QB. There's a reason he's called "The Arm" and not "The Legs"

#15 Kerrigan91

Kerrigan91

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Stop coming in here and comparing RG3 to Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre/who the fuck cares. The dude hasn't taken a snap yet, calm down. Just because he has the same "frame" as somebody doesn't mean jack shit.

He's also the same "frame" as John Beck, David Garrard and Cleo Lemon.

I never compared RG3 to Rodgers or Favre. I said they're built the same way. So are Beck, Garrard, and Lemon. I never claimed he would be as good as Rodgers. Just that it's asinine to call RG3 "too small" if you wouldn't call Favre or Rodgers "too small".

And I wouldn't call Beck, Garrard, or Lemon "too small" either.

#16 CLEVELandMILIDH

CLEVELandMILIDH

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Um, no. He's a passer who has the ability to be a threat running. You can't compare him to Vick at all. If Vick's first option wasn't immediately available, he was tucking and running. Griffin is still looking to throw the ball after he breaks contain and only tucks it once he's past the line.

You say he'll make a living running the ball, but he's only called a "running QB" by people who don't know/haven't watched him. Am I saying he won't take a pounding? No. But he's far from a running QB. There's a reason he's called "The Arm" and not "The Legs"

For every two passing attempts he has one rushing attempt. Anybody would label that a running QB. Watch his tape, first reads covered, he's running. I don't make this stuff up.

#17 Tim Couch Pulls Out

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

I never compared RG3 to Rodgers or Favre. I said they're built the same way. So are Beck, Garrard, and Lemon. I never claimed he would be as good as Rodgers. Just that it's asinine to call RG3 "too small" if you wouldn't call Favre or Rodgers "too small".

And I wouldn't call Beck, Garrard, or Lemon "too small" either.

And that's the difference between you and nearly every scout covering the NFL.

#18 miktoxic

miktoxic

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • 9,161 posts
  • Interests:not being interesting.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again: RG3 owes Cam Newton a huge thank you. Without Cam's stellar year, RG3 would not have gotten the deal he did or been picked where he was.

And for those of you claiming RG3 is the next Cam...I've got 4 inches, 30 lbs, and a National Championship earned in a much harder conference that says otherwise.

ouch!!!
:o :o :o

#19 Kerrigan91

Kerrigan91

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

And that's the difference between you and nearly every scout covering the NFL.

No, not every scout - just Cleveland's.

There's a difference between "too small" and "too unable to play". Small is a reference to physical stature. If RG3 is "too small" to play in the NFL, so is Aaron Rodgers, David Garrard, Drew Brees, etc.

#20 Bills-n-Browns-Fan

Bills-n-Browns-Fan

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

No, not every scout - just Cleveland's.

There's a difference between "too small" and "too unable to play". Small is a reference to physical stature. If RG3 is "too small" to play in the NFL, so is Aaron Rodgers, David Garrard, Drew Brees, etc.

GTFO!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users