#1 ClevelandBigDawg

ClevelandBigDawg

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

http://profootballta...-north-alabama/

Dude has the talent just makes dumb decisions. May be around in round 2 which would cause passing on Claiborne a great decision at pick 4 if we were to take him in 2.

#2 cribbs is the man

cribbs is the man

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

Dude has the talent just makes dumb decisions. May be around in round 2 which would cause passing on Claiborne a great decision at pick 4 if we were to take him in 2.

Maybe I'm different than most people but weed doesn't bother me. I'd take him in the second if he interviewed well.. Do they even test for marijuana in the NFL?

#3 cambridgeho

cambridgeho

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Maybe I'm different than most people but weed doesn't bother me. I'd take him in the second if he interviewed well.. Do they even test for marijuana in the NFL?

He is a great talent. I think detroit will snag him in the 1st. They do not care about onfield or off field issues.

#4 ClevelandBigDawg

ClevelandBigDawg

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

I think they test for it. Isnt that was Fred Davis and Trent Williams got in trouble for for the the Redskins?

But I agree, weed doesn't bother me one bit. It should be legal.

#5 7moses7

7moses7

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

I'd pass,Iwould rather take Josh Robinson CB out of Centhal Florida who is 5-11 199 runs a 4.29 and doesn't have off field issues .

#6 choco

choco

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

Weed? Lmao....

#7 Harry Buffalo

Harry Buffalo

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

If he fell to #37 and we didn't take Claiborne at #4 or anyone at CB at #22 then I think they take the chance on Jenkins. I don't think weed is bad either but the NFL does and all I am looking at are games he could potentially be suspended for if he gets caught again or fails a test.

#8 Unsympathetic

Unsympathetic

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Jenkins is a t10 talent, no doubt. Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Robinson are cleaner characters but less talented. Straight-line speed has little to do with CB success, they're more about agility [deceleration] assuming the 40 is under 4.7 But all 4 of those are projected to go early.

However, I'm not seeing the Browns getting out of 4/22/37 any other way than RB, WR, OT - and the only thing that could change is the sequence of the picks.

I hope it's Blackmon/J Martin/D Martin, because I think D Martin will have a better career than Richardson.

#9 SDBrownsFan

SDBrownsFan

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

Jenkins is a t10 talent, no doubt. Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Robinson are cleaner characters but less talented. Straight-line speed has little to do with CB success, they're more about agility [deceleration] assuming the 40 is under 4.7 But all 4 of those are projected to go early.

However, I'm not seeing the Browns getting out of 4/22/37 any other way than RB, WR, OT - and the only thing that could change is the sequence of the picks.

I hope it's Blackmon/J Martin/D Martin, because I think D Martin will have a better career than Richardson.

There was a poster on the Kirkpatrick train- and I mentioned to him that he's probably the 4th best DB in this draft. If Jenkins plays (assuming he stays out of trouble and is healthy) IMO he will be the best corner in this draft.

I honestly think the Browns go BPA at 37 and someone falls that is a first round talent. So I'm not locked into the RB,RT, WR. I also think there is good WR talent in rounds 3-5. I hope its Vinny Curry at 37 I think he's every bit as good as Sheard. I'll take Sheard 2.0 with a 2nd round pick.

I'm also not convinced they make a pick at 22- possibly move down I think.

#10 Taco918

Taco918

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

I don't have a problem with pot but the fact that he knows he won't be able to do it in the NFL and continues to do it is a concern. He knows the risk, and if he doesn't he isn't too bright, but it hasn't been a deterrent for him. He's lost himself a couple mil just to get a lil high. If millions of dollars isn't enough to entice him to put down the blunt then he's probably someone to keep you're distance from.

#11 Harry Buffalo

Harry Buffalo

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Well it's saying on NFL.com that he failed at least 2 drug tests while at Northern Alabama and that in the past year he has fathered something like 3 kids. Jesus. I don't see this guy maturing. He has to be completely off the Browns radar. Ironically I think his only hope in the NFL would be to team back up with big brother Haden.

#12 Canton Mike

Canton Mike

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Interests:Family..especially Grandchildren
    Browns & Cavs (Tribe too, once Dolan is gone)
    fly fishing
    cooking

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

OK, I'm the 65 year old square here, & yes, I AM anti-weed & anti-drug.
Bottom line....NFL frowns upon weed usage, you are looking at a VERY rewarding financial future...if you use weed & risk that future, you're a complete DUMBASS!
I'll pass on him.
Mike

#13 miktoxic

miktoxic

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,904 posts
  • Interests:not being interesting.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

^this.

#14 ClevelandFanForLife

ClevelandFanForLife

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts
  • Interests:Cleveland sports and rugby

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

The question isn't should weed be legal. It's should we take a risk on a guy who loves weed. The fact is its illegal, period. If he can't stay off of it then I don't want him. If he's dumb enough to keep smoking it when he is making is making millions then he deserves to be suspended. It's illegal and you can't smoke it in the nfl. That's all that matters. Pass.

#15 cambridgeho

cambridgeho

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

I don't have a problem with pot but the fact that he knows he won't be able to do it in the NFL and continues to do it is a concern. He knows the risk, and if he doesn't he isn't too bright, but it hasn't been a deterrent for him. He's lost himself a couple mil just to get a lil high. If millions of dollars isn't enough to entice him to put down the blunt then he's probably someone to keep you're distance from.

Ricky Williams quit football to smoke weed, some people i guess do not have that reasonable thought process.

#16 calfoxwc

calfoxwc

Member since Sept 14, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,657 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

He's a waste of a pick, even if he tries to stay out of trouble.

There is no way he fits Cleveland's locker room.

Nice pick for the Raiders or Detroit, so they can wait for him

to get killed or arrested.

The Browns will not take the chance on a player like him, that high.

Or lower. Solid picks. The Browns rolled the dice a lot in the past,

and got burnt. Lesson learned. Forget it.

#17 Tour2ma

Tour2ma

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Procrastination... and that keep me plenty busy...

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Yup... Ricky was the NFL's pot poster boy...

The Browns will not take the chance on a player like him, that high.

Very punny... :D

Maybe the kid has Glaucoma... :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users