57 replies to this topic

#1 TheClevelandSound

TheClevelandSound

A "Regular"

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

The new uniforms Nike has made for teams this year will be revealed tomorrow at 11 a.m. Eastern Time. Although there isn't much change with the Browns general uniform model, there are strong rumors floating around that we will be using an orange top alternate Nike has made a few times this year. Excited to see what Nike has done, but I hope they haven't messed with the traditional style as well. Here is an article with more info.

http://espn.go.com/b...set-for-tuesday

Nike became the NFL's official uniform outfitter on Sunday, but you'll have to wait to see if there are any changes in store for your favorite AFC North team. The new threads will be showcased at a media event scheduled for 11 a.m. ET on Tuesday.

There have been a few leaks such as the Carolina Panthers tweaking their logo and the Jacksonville Jaguars sporting an alternate black jersey. Remember to check back here tomorrow and I'll give my take on the new uniforms.

My guess is the Cleveland Browns won't be putting a brownie elf on their helmets and the Pittsburgh Steelers won't be changing to all-gold jerseys. As most of you know, I graduated from the University of Maryland, and if you saw the Terps' football team play last season, uniforms are a sensitive subject in the Hensley household.

#2 Tour2ma

Tour2ma

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts
  • Interests:Procrastination... and that keep me plenty busy...

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Let's just hope Nike and/or the NFL and/or the Browns showed a little restraint...

Some of the Nike Collegiate stuff is just, plain FUGLY.

#3 Hunt Daddy

Hunt Daddy

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

No need to worry about anything. In college it's all about getting recruits and as lame as it is... having flashy uniforms helps. In the pros there is no need to have insane uniforms because you aren't trying to get the top young high school recruits to commit to your school.

The uniforms will be fairly conservative I believe.

#4 nickers

nickers

Member since Nov 26, 2006

• REGISTERED_COPPA
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts
  • Interests:Music, Composing, Arranging, Producer, Computers, Movies, Sports,

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Great...We'll be the fucking Cleveland Ducks now!

#5 Taco918

Taco918

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Is neon brown a color?

#6 FearTheRoo

FearTheRoo

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

I think the only team going through major changes is the Seattle Seahawks. All other teams probably won't be noticable, other than a Nike swoosh replacing the reebok on the jersey.

The real question is who's jersey do you buy? I guess whichever player seems to have the longest future on the team. Since most Browns fans have closets filled with Hills, Edwards, Couch, Droughns, Vickers, Winslow, Garcia, Frye, Wimbley, Anderson, Quinn, or Lewis jerseys. Can you buy some #00 with "insert name here" on the back? McCoy, will soon be added to that list.

I'd say Phil Dawson haha since we only care about making field goals, so he'll be around forever!

Seriously Cleveland fans have to buy the most jerseys out of any sports city. They only have a lifespan of 2-years max, before you have to get the duct tape out and cover up the name

#7 Tour2ma

Tour2ma

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

I was given a #32 for Christmas that does not have a name on it... so I'm good to go. :P

#8 hoorta

hoorta

Member since Dec 1, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • 8,941 posts
  • Interests:Football, cycling, montaineering

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

I was given a #32 for Christmas that does not have a name on it... so I'm good to go. :P

I've said may times use #46 put your name on it, and it's good forever. :)

#9 baybrownsfan

baybrownsfan

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

My dad rocks a 32 jersey knowing that any Browns fan worth his salt doesn't have to ask who the player was that had such a jersey. Myself? I currently have a Kosar jersey.

#10 Tour2ma

Tour2ma

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

I've said may times use #46 put your name on it, and it's good forever. :)

... or 14 or 45 or 76...

I actually had to look up Fleming. I did not remember him or his sad story.

On a happier note I met Lou-the-Toe one winter at Metropark's Swiss Chalet toboggan run.

#11 Sheepdog

Sheepdog

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

I think what Nike will do is release some insane college like jerseys but they will be for fans only. I don't see the actual jerseys changing except for fabric.

#12 Kosar_For_President

Kosar_For_President

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • 6,592 posts
  • Interests:Afros and people with afros.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Because change is good. These hats rock.

My link

#13 b86b

b86b

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

Because change is good. These hats rock.

My link

No worse than the New Era hats they just released!!!

#14 Kosar_For_President

Kosar_For_President

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • 6,592 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

No worse than the New Era hats they just released!!!

Do they even ask people what they think?

#15 b86b

b86b

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Do they even ask people what they think?

I liked the Reebok hats, yes they made some ugly ass ones but for the most part they were nice and fit well. New Era hats are ugly and the worst fitting hats out there.

Maybe they went to the pubs on a friday night in Buffalo and asked the locals what they thought of the hats, only way i can see people liking them.

#16 Harry Buffalo

Harry Buffalo

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

The jerseys in college are just recruiting tools. Turned Oregon into a team trying to bust the top #25 into a legit national title contender every season. For the NFL they won't do much but look cool or ugly as shit. Doesn't matter for us though, they won't be able to change the Browns jersey's too much but maybe we will get lucky and see the return of orange pants!

#17 The Gipper

The Gipper

Number Hangs in the Rafters

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,357 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

I think the only team going through major changes is the Seattle Seahawks. All other teams probably won't be noticable, other than a Nike swoosh replacing the reebok on the jersey.

The real question is who's jersey do you buy? I guess whichever player seems to have the longest future on the team. Since most Browns fans have closets filled with Hills, Edwards, Couch, Droughns, Vickers, Winslow, Garcia, Frye, Wimbley, Anderson, Quinn, or Lewis jerseys. Can you buy some #00 with "insert name here" on the back? McCoy, will soon be added to that list.

I'd say Phil Dawson haha since we only care about making field goals, so he'll be around forever!

Seriously Cleveland fans have to buy the most jerseys out of any sports city. They only have a lifespan of 2-years max, before you have to get the duct tape out and cover up the name

Why buy anyone's jersey? I am a Browns fan, I don't own a single goddam jersey. A fucking complete waste of money. Just go to any store that sells Browns gear and buy a hat, jacket, t-shirt, muffler, sweat pants, whatever. Generic stuff.
If you HAVE to have a players jersey, there are plenty of #32s you can buy, or #76, or #14.
Those would be the only ones I would consider.
(yea, they are the retired jerseys of Jim Brown, Lou Groza, and Otto Graham)

#18 Kosar_For_President

Kosar_For_President

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • 6,592 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

I liked the Reebok hats, yes they made some ugly ass ones but for the most part they were nice and fit well. New Era hats are ugly and the worst fitting hats out there.

Maybe they went to the pubs on a friday night in Buffalo and asked the locals what they thought of the hats, only way i can see people liking them.

What happened to the plain black hat with the logo on it. That is why I haven't bought a hat in 8 years.

#19 Tim Couch Pulls Out

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Nothing new.

Seahawks jerseys are ugly, though.

Attached Files

#20 kamac19

kamac19

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:BROWNS, CAVS, PLAYING FIELD HOCKEY AND SOCCER

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Posted Image

Have to say pretty disappointed after all the rumours going round about major changes, but hey knew Browns weren't going to change much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users