Photo

2012 Nfl Draft

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: 2012 Nfl Draft (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you select with the #4 pick?

1. Justin Blackmon (26 votes [46.43%])

Percentage of vote: 46.43%

2. Trent Richardson (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Robert Griffen III (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

4. Morris Claiborn (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

5. Best Offensive Lineman Available (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Quinton Coples (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

7. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Trade down (13 votes [23.21%])

Percentage of vote: 23.21%

Who do you select with the #22 pick?

1. Kendall Wright (13 votes [23.21%])

2. Vontaze Burfict (13 votes [23.21%])

3. Chase Minnifield (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Whitney Mercilus (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

5. Jenoris Jenkins (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Michael Floyd (6 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

7. Other (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

What positions need addressed most? (Pick two)

1. Quarterback (8 votes [7.34%])

Percentage of vote: 7.34%

2. Runningback (5 votes [4.59%])

Percentage of vote: 4.59%

3. Offensive Line (9 votes [8.26%])

Percentage of vote: 8.26%

4. Wide Receiver (47 votes [43.12%])

Percentage of vote: 43.12%

5. Defensive End (14 votes [12.84%])

Percentage of vote: 12.84%

6. Linebacker (20 votes [18.35%])

Percentage of vote: 18.35%

7. Cornerback (5 votes [4.59%])

Percentage of vote: 4.59%

8. Free Safety (1 votes [0.92%])

Percentage of vote: 0.92%

9. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 PoeticG

PoeticG

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:I like playing football. Coaching my kids. Training and working hard. Sweating and getting dirty. Relaxing and playing videogames. Barbequeing and camping. Writing poems and Freestyling for hours. Creating inventions, products and franchises. Watching documentaries about ancient times and civilizations. Talking with strangers and posting about The Cleveland Browns.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

Browns Fans, I'm taking a poll on the 2012 NFL Draft. We have two picks in the first round, #4 and #22. Please answer honestly and thoughtfully. With enough responses we can get a better feel for how the Browns faithful view this upcoming draft. If selecting "Other" please give us an idea of whom you are thinking. Thanks and feel free to liberally leave comments and opinions.

#2 choco

choco

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

this would be better suited till...oh, i dont know...after the combine when we have more slotting information.

#3 PoeticG

PoeticG

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:I like playing football. Coaching my kids. Training and working hard. Sweating and getting dirty. Relaxing and playing videogames. Barbequeing and camping. Writing poems and Freestyling for hours. Creating inventions, products and franchises. Watching documentaries about ancient times and civilizations. Talking with strangers and posting about The Cleveland Browns.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Okay, I'll keep that in mind... but until then consider this Poll 1.0 and we'll update it after the combine.

#4 Harry Buffalo

Harry Buffalo

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Pick #1 is easy. If Blackmon is there you have to take him. Pick #2 not so much. I picked the Illi DE Mercilus. I think he is the most talented DE in the whole draft. He is not a huge speed rusher, but has great pass rushing moves and good size and still gets to the QB. He did it in college against the Elite Big 10 O-Lines. But that is a toss up with Minnfield who I also like and drafting him would give us a chance to move Brown out to FS. Honestly I think it just comes down to who do you think will fall the farthest. I you think Minnfield might still be there in the 2nd and there is no way Mercilus will be, then you go with who you think will go first.

#5 slowburn

slowburn

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Okay, I'll keep that in mind... but until then consider this Poll 1.0 and we'll update it after the combine.

that'll be great!!

#6 DawginIT

DawginIT

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

that'll be great!!

Mercilus and Minniefield WILL BOTH be available second round. I chose Blackmon and Burfict. Blackmon I feel is the obvious choice. Burfict I know many people don't like. But if he can put all the bullshit behind him and play like a maniac without the penalties, he can be special. After that I would say our biggest need is DE. In the second round we could still get a very good DE. I feel this is the biggest need because I feel that an upgrade over Jayme Mitchell will be much more significant than any other. Plus, I feel if we add a solid piece then we can have a GREAT defensive line for atleast 5-6 years.

#7 DawginIT

DawginIT

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

Mercilus and Minniefield WILL BOTH be available second round. I chose Blackmon and Burfict. Blackmon I feel is the obvious choice. Burfict I know many people don't like. But if he can put all the bullshit behind him and play like a maniac without the penalties, he can be special. After that I would say our biggest need is DE. In the second round we could still get a very good DE. I feel this is the biggest need because I feel that an upgrade over Jayme Mitchell will be much more significant than any other. Plus, I feel if we add a solid piece then we can have a GREAT defensive line for atleast 5-6 years.

Also, on Burfict, I think he's better suited at outside linebacker, especially if (and hopefully if) we resign Jackson. He's very fast and can track done players to the outside and hopefully get at the quarterback, or atleast scare them, off the edge.

#8 Ronde

Ronde

• REGISTERED
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

I chose blackmon in the first round because he looks to be a beast at wide reciever and the browns really need help there. I would say your next biggest need is a defensive end because only sheard got pressure and even he was inconsistent. I would say the Browns should go with BPA with the 22nd pick because the draft is deep enough at DE to wait till the second round. It might be interesting if Quinton Couples dropped to 22nd pick because he didn't have a great season because he has a lot of potential but looked disinterested this season so i don't think they should draft him but it could happen.

#9 Tour2ma

Tour2ma

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Procrastination... and that keep me plenty busy...

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

Where was the "trade up" option for our #4? :D

Agree that there's a lot of data yet to come, but still fun to speculate...

I trade down the #4. Not in the RG3 camp and I'm cooling on Blackmon. I'm starting to think that he's not fast enough to compliment the current W/R corps. Someone around Miami at #8 will trade up for RG3 or Blackmon.

Not clairvoyant enough to ferret out #22. Someone not listed who was expected to go higher, e.g., Tannehill or perhaps even one of the listed #4 pick choices, will fall to 22, so "other" is my choice for now.

Needs-wise... LB tops my list for the draft. Zach Brown may be the only legit 1st rounder in 2012 suited for the 4-3. If he's there at #22, may be able to trade down a few slots and still get him. DE draft depth makes it likely that need can be more than adequately filled at #37.

On the other side of the ball there's W/R, OL and RB needs to be sure, but I see more late-round and FA options there.

#10 Unsympathetic

Unsympathetic

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

This isn't very useful. The draft isn't just "who do you want?!" as though nobody else does anything.

I wouldn't trade anything this draft, we need good players who will be here a while. If Adams or either of the Stanford OL or any of the top3 DE's are still around at 22, I'd grab them.. if not, Wright.

Same at 4.. I'd grab whichever of RG3/Blackmon isn't picked at 2/3, because one of those 2 picks will be Kalil.

#11 ballpeen

ballpeen

Member since Mar 5, 2007

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

Browns Fans, I'm taking a poll on the 2012 NFL Draft. We have two picks in the first round, #4 and #22. Please answer honestly and thoughtfully. With enough responses we can get a better feel for how the Browns faithful view this upcoming draft. If selecting "Other" please give us an idea of whom you are thinking. Thanks and feel free to liberally leave comments and opinions.

I trade down a few slots to a team who wants RGIII or Richardson or whoever and select Ryan Tannihill.

It may be considered a bit of a reach taking him at 10 or so, but that is ok since we will pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. In the end it won't matter because Tannihill is going to be a stud NFL QB.

The second pick is for a receiver. I clicked Floyd, but Wright works as well.

#12 DawginIT

DawginIT

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Where was the "trade up" option for our #4? :D

Agree that there's a lot of data yet to come, but still fun to speculate...

I trade down the #4. Not in the RG3 camp and I'm cooling on Blackmon. I'm starting to think that he's not fast enough to compliment the current W/R corps. Someone around Miami at #8 will trade up for RG3 or Blackmon.

Not clairvoyant enough to ferret out #22. Someone not listed who was expected to go higher, e.g., Tannehill or perhaps even one of the listed #4 pick choices, will fall to 22, so "other" is my choice for now.

Needs-wise... LB tops my list for the draft. Zach Brown may be the only legit 1st rounder in 2012 suited for the 4-3. If he's there at #22, may be able to trade down a few slots and still get him. DE draft depth makes it likely that need can be more than adequately filled at #37.

On the other side of the ball there's W/R, OL and RB needs to be sure, but I see more late-round and FA options there.

IF Zach Brown is still there at 22 then there is no chance in hell we pass on him. He would fill our biggest need defensively and the Browns would not trade down and even risk letting him go even to move down 3 spots.

#13 miktoxic

miktoxic

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts
  • Interests:not being interesting.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

i hope we trade down and get claiborne and add a pick. address DE or LB with second pick. there'll be a speedy receiver in the second round that could still beat out any of the guys we have already. love zach brown at 22 but i think he'll be gone. might want to take a look at hightower as well.

as far as what our biggest needs are i picked like 5 of 'em. should add the old "all of the above" category.

#14 Nw220

Nw220

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

Zach Brown> Vontaze Burfict

#15 PoeticG

PoeticG

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.

I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?

#16 DawginIT

DawginIT

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position.

I'm curious to the opinion you guys have on Marcus Benard. I think the young man was coming of age before his unfortunate motor accident. From what I've heard, he's going to be okay. A broken forearm and some nasty roadrash shouldn't put him out of commission. I think that Marcus could be the DE we need opposite Sheard. Maybe we could bypass the position early in the draft. What do you think?

I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.

#17 PoeticG

PoeticG

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

I brought up that thought on Bernard before and the responses I received was that we can't count on him to come back healthy or be the player he looked like he was starting to become so we should take a DE if we had a nice one in a good position to draft him. He had 7.5 sacks two years ago, as many as Sheard had in his solid rookie year. Also, you have to think that he didn't start and was a situational pass rusher and still put up those numbers.

I think that he was also challenged this early part of the season this year from something of the order of not having an official offseason with limited contact from coaching staff and front office. Didn't he put on weight or lost weight to play to a different position then he was told he's gonna be doing the opposite? I think that he'll be at 100% again and on the right track by training camp this year.

#18 PoeticG

PoeticG

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'm also optimistic on Greg Little. The kid didn't even play ball the year prior but still managed to become the best target from the wide receivers this season. I think that he'll continue to grow and build on what he's started, the future is bright for Little.

#19 nunboy

nunboy

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Browns, firearms,books,cars,cars,cars,cars.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'm also optimistic on Greg Little. The kid didn't even play ball the year prior but still managed to become the best target from the wide receivers this season. I think that he'll continue to grow and build on what he's started, the future is bright for Little.

I like Little with another receiver here, he is set to become a YAC machine. he just needs to keep his Edwards moments to a minimum and he will be great.

#20 Harry Buffalo

Harry Buffalo

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

He should be healthy. It's not like he messed his knee up like Winslow or anything. If I remember correctly he just broke his hand or thumb really bad, knew he was going to be out for over half the season, and just used the chance to put him on none football related IR. He should be fine, but I agree that we should look at other DE options just for the fact we don't know what he can do as a 4-3 DE in the NFL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users