THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Manning!

TypicalBrowns

I know this post will get some eyes rolling on here, but if manning doesnt go back to Indy (Schefter reports it's doubtful) should the browns look to acquire manning? Therefore having more picks for the draft instead of using a pick for a qb? Keep McCoy as a backup and give manning Blackmon or Jeffries? Would Peyton manning do anything for this struggling franchise that hasn't had a qb Like manning in a very long time???

saying no to Peyton is absolutely ridiculous. (providing he is healthy)

For what reason?? because he is old?? I take Peyton any day over the crap we have or can obtain.

Peyton will give us some instant offense and make bums like MoMass, and Cribbs look like pro bowlers.

We can only wish this atctually happened. No way would Peyton want to come here though.

I know this post will get some eyes rolling on here, but if manning doesnt go back to Indy (Schefter reports it's doubtful) should the browns look to acquire manning? Therefore having more picks for the draft instead of using a pick for a qb? Keep McCoy as a backup and give manning Blackmon or Jeffries? Would Peyton manning do anything for this struggling franchise that hasn't had a qb Like manning in a very long time???

Havent you heard Colt is going to become the next Peyton when we draft a wr. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone even brought this up? it's looking more and more like the colts will be taking luck and WON'T be abe to retain Manning without basically leaving only enough money in the capp to fill the rest of the roster out with UDFA's.

would it be worth a pick or two for a stellar QB for the next 5yrs (should he return to health)?

has anyone even brought this up? it's looking more and more like the colts will be taking luck and WON'T be abe to retain Manning without basically leaving only enough money in the capp to fill the rest of the roster out with UDFA's.

would it be worth a pick or two for a stellar QB for the next 5yrs (should he return to health)?

Nope not worth bringing in Manning- Shurmur would want him to run OUR offense, and a team that thinks they're a star qb away from the SB would outbid us for him anyway. Remember KC and Montana? The Colts are going to want a first round pick for Peyton, and we're not buying- because we're building for long term success not a year or two of decent 9-7 or 10-6 (not SB seasons) and back in the dumpster.

I don't think he's worth the health risk. Yes, if Peyton plays to his level, we can spend picks elsewhere, get FA's to actually WANT to come to Cleveland, and Colt could learn behind him for 2 maybe 3 (I think 5 is a stretch). And Shurmer wouldn't call plays! However, the dude's had 3 neck surgeries. He's going to be playing against headhunter Harrison twice a year. There is no way he'd last an entire season here, even if we got a new RT in the draft. If he hurts his neck again, which seems extremely likely, he's done, and where does that leave us?

wow, i'm shocked.

you guys seem to be giving up hope for next season already?

i mean the difference between a playoff caliber team and an 2-14 team IS peyton........so what could he turn the 4-12 browns into?

short term bandaid. he's 36. coming off major neck surgery. to execute that transaction would require him to be 100% very soon, which isn't likely to happen. so its entirely possible that we could get him and he'd never be the same. then we're worse off than now.

build young for the long term. its the only way to get you stools to STFU

wow, i'm shocked.

i mean the difference between a playoff caliber team and an 2-14 team IS peyton........so what could he turn the 4-12 browns into?

The difference between a playoff caliber team and a 2-14 team is a HEALTHY Peyton Manning..

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20833&st=0&p=255997&hl=+peyton%20+manning&fromsearch=1entry255997

Z

1.) Sign Peyton Manning, and let him right this awful ship.

2.) Draft RGIII, and let him learn how to run an NFL offense.

3.) Peyton Manning retires in 3 or 4 years, after bringing Cleveland its first Super Bowl championship.

4.) RGIII steps in and absolutely lights up the league.

Hey... a boy can dream, can't he? smiley-confused005.gif

Peyton goes to Washington. We lose the option to trade back, which forces us to take RG3 at 4.

Shurmur falls asleep, misses rest of draft. Holmgren too busy carving Shurmur statue out of butter to realize the mistake. Heckert drafts golden talent without interference.

Heckert fired.

Heckert hired by Ravens when Ozzie Newsome gets rare form of West African butthole pneumonia which leads to his untimely death.

City mourns.

Heckert drafts four franchise QBs. Trades three of them to Pitt, Cincinnati, and expansion team Albuquerque Lionhawksnakes.

Mike Holmgren finds levitating bejeweled skull behind Krispy Kreme case in gas station. Replaces his skull with that one. Cleveland falls into Lake Erie.

I am starting to think that the guys who wouldn't be happy with Manning here just will never be happy.

He is the one reason the Colts missed the playoffs this year. It is the only explanation. The only difference from the Colts run of dominance over the past 10-12 years to this season was Manning. It is pretty much that simple. If you guys open your eyes and admit you aren't as smart as you think you are maybe you would see that. It seems like some of you would rather have some dumb average looking college girl with no experiance in the bed room then the smoking hot older woman who would rock your world.

People would rather trade all of our picks this yr and next to draft Luck who best case scenario has the potential to be Manning and that is a long shot ... or we can use all our picks to plug holes and actually get Manning. Granted we would only have him for 2-3 years but I will jump at it 100 out of a 100 times.

And it is also 2-3 years Colt learn to be a pro behind the ultimate pro and a guy who unlike Favre will teach him the tricks of the trade. And Manning changes the culture of the team and will attract players that will want to play with him.

There is not a bad thing that could be said about bringing in a healthy PM unless you don't want to win.

wow, i'm shocked.

Manning could turn the Browns into a 10-6 team, just like he did the Colts in 2010 when he played all 16 games.

We're not giving up hope- just being realistic. Even with a healthy Manning, the Browns are not a legit SB contender in 2012. Even if 1) we could get him as a FA giving up nothing, and 2) He'd drop his salary demand down to the sane range of say $6 million or so- doesn't matter. By the time the Browns add enough firepower both on offense and defense to have a legit chance at the Super Bowl- say the 2013 season at the earliest Manning will be 37, and about done- he's not Ironman Farve by a long shot.

Honestly, if you want my opinion- if I had to choose between Manning and RG III, I'm going with RG III, he's no bigger a risk than Manning, and he's 14 years younger.

I am starting to think that the guys who wouldn't be happy with Manning here just will never be happy.

He is the one reason the Colts missed the playoffs this year. It is the only explanation. The only difference from the Colts run of dominance over the past 10-12 years to this season was Manning. It is pretty much that simple. If you guys open your eyes and admit you aren't as smart as you think you are maybe you would see that. It seems like some of you would rather have some dumb average looking college girl with no experiance in the bed room then the smoking hot older woman who would rock your world.

People would rather trade all of our picks this yr and next to draft Luck who best case scenario has the potential to be Manning and that is a long shot ... or we can use all our picks to plug holes and actually get Manning. Granted we would only have him for 2-3 years but I will jump at it 100 out of a 100 times.

And it is also 2-3 years Colt learn to be a pro behind the ultimate pro and a guy who unlike Favre will teach him the tricks of the trade. And Manning changes the culture of the team and will attract players that will want to play with him.

There is not a bad thing that could be said about bringing in a healthy PM unless you don't want to win.

I'd pick the young girl, in all honesty. I'm a coach at heart, I like my girls with as little experience as possible so I can teach them new tricks that the poor schlubs they had before never could have pulled off.

That's why I like dating your ex-girlfriends.

Kidding, but really though...younger. More flexible. Less wear and tear. Less hair, less plastic, more insecurities.

If you guys open your eyes and admit you aren't as smart as you think you are maybe you would see that. It seems like some of you would rather have some dumb average looking college girl with no experiance in the bed room then the smoking hot older woman who would rock your world.

lol...yeah great analogy.

its great for a short time until she gets old and wrinkly, hits menopause and loses interest in faking orgasms for you. then she dies and your too old to get a real wife.

Archived