THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns/baltimore Trivia

The Gipper

Here is your Browns/Baltimore trivia. I have put in a few old Baltimore Colts items, so it is not all Ravens.

I have also avoided anything to do with the guy that once owned both teams.

As Johnny Cash sang in the Streets of Laredo "don't say his name and his name will die with him", or something like that.

1. What is the head to head regular season record between the Browns and the Ravens?

2. Five players who have made the Pro Bowl as a member of the Ravens also played for the Browns. Name the 5 players.

3. The Browns and Ravens have never met in the playoffs, but there are 2 teams the Ravens have met 3 times in postseason. Name the two teams.

4. What are the names of the Ravens mascots?

5. One of the Ravens color radio announcers is a former Baltimore Colt who was born and raised in Northeast Ohio and played college football in Ohio. Who?

6. Baltimore has never had a football franchise which they didn't essentially "steal" from elsewhere. Name the prior franchise identities with which each of these Baltimore football teams had some tenuous connection with:

A. Original AAFC Baltimore Colts

B. Second Baltimore Colts franchise

C. Baltimore Ravens

7. What was the score of the very first Browns/Ravens game?

8. Since 1996 which team has won the most AFC North/Central division titles: the Ravens, the Bengals, the Titans, or the Jaguars?

9. What was the Browns vs. Baltimore Colts head to head postseason record?

10. What year did the Baltimore (not Indy) Colts last defeat the Cleveland Browns?

11. The Browns current Director of Player Personell has the same name as a former Head coach of the Baltimore Colts. What is that name?

12. Who were the first two draft selections of the Baltimore Ravens franchise?

Here is your Browns/Baltimore trivia. I have put in a few old Baltimore Colts items, so it is not all Ravens.

As Johnny Cash sang in the Streets of Laredo "don't say his name and his name will die with him", or something like that.

1. What is the head to head regular season record between the Browns and the Ravens?

2. Five players who have made the Pro Bowl as a member of the Ravens also played for the Browns. Name the 5 players.

3. The Browns and Ravens have never met in the playoffs, but there are 2 teams the Ravens have met 3 times in postseason. Name the two teams.

5. One of the Ravens color radio announcers is a former Baltimore Colt who was born and raised in Northeast Ohio and played college football in Ohio. Who?

6. Baltimore has never had a football franchise which they didn't essentially "steal" from elsewhere. Name the prior franchise identities with which each of these Baltimore football teams had some tenuous connection with:

C. Baltimore Ravens

8. Since 1996 which team has won the most AFC North/Central division titles: the Ravens, the Bengals, the Titans, or the Jaguars?

10. What year did the Baltimore (not Indy) Colts last defeat the Cleveland Browns?

11. The Browns current Director of Player Personell has the same name as a former Head coach of the Baltimore Colts. What is that name?

Good questions since the board decided to piss on last week being the first upfront aboout Urban Meyer and terms and deals and threw the whole thread under the bus, why the hell would I respond to anything since integrity is NOT part of this forum

17-7 Ratbirds

Stover,

Patriots, Jets

C. Baltimore Ravens

C-Browns :(

17-10 Ratbirds won

Titans

Colts lead 2-1

Marchibroda

Ogden, Ray Lewis

Good questions since the board decided to piss on last week being the first upfront aboout Urban Meyer and terms and deals and threw the whole thread under the bus, why the hell would I respond to anything since integrity is NOT part of this forum

Jeez, it's a forum. I don't know why stuff gets deleted, but chill out. There's been way too much crabbing around here this year.

There's been a lot of crap spewed here for years....if you don't like what you're reading, get off the thread, go to another one.

Sorry rich. I am scratching my head at your meaning.

We've been scratching for 14 years, Gipper. I think he's mad because he's not getting enough credit for breaking the college coaching story. I'm sure that exactly no one cares.

I'm sitting out this round of trivia, because by answering, I would be implying that the Ravens actually have a reason to exist.

Z

We've been scratching for 14 years, Gipper. I think he's mad because he's not getting enough credit for breaking the college coaching story. I'm sure that exactly no one cares.

I'm sitting out this round of trivia, because by answering, I would be implying that the Ravens actually have a reason to exist.

Z

Well, I figured that by giving "you know who" the Voldemort treatment that would be sufficient.

(Odd isn't it that JK Rowling invented the Voldemort character around the same time what's his name was doing his worst?)

Answers:

Ravens 17 Browns 7

Vinnie Testaverde, Eric Turner, Matt Stover, Jamal Lewis, Billy Cundiff

The Steelers and the Titans

Edgar, Allen, and Poe

Stan White who attended Kent Roosevelt HS and Ohio State.

A. Original AAFC Baltimore Colts Miami Seahawks

B. Second Baltimore Colts franchise Dallas Texans

C. Baltimore Ravens Cleveland Browns

Technically, only the Seahawks going to Baltimore is considered an actual "move". The second Colts team picked up the remnants of the Dallas Texans (who in turn actually picked up the remnants of that original Colts team). And of course you know about how the Ravens were formed.

Ravens won 17-10.

The Bengals, Ravens, and Jags have each won 2. The Titans won only 1 (parenthetically, that was the year the Rats won the SB). Steelers have won 8. Browns none.

Colts won 2 to the Browns 1

1964 Browns 27 Colts 0

1968 Colts 34 Browns 0

1971 Colts 20 Browns 3

1975. After that the Browns won 5 consecutive games against the Baltimore Colts before they moved to Indy.

Jon Sandusky. The Colts HC in 1972 was John Sandusky. Yes, the Browns Jon is the son of Jerry Sandusky of Pedophile State. To my knowledge they are not related to John the Colts HC, but they could have been cousins. John Sandusky has since died, and, by the way, he played for the Browns from 1952-1955.

Jonathon Ogden and Ray Lewis.

Archived