#1 Mike H

Mike H

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

http://bleacherrepor...new-york-knicks

I think it would be stupid to get rid of Sessions personally and keep an aging/injury case in Baron Davis. Having Sessions and Irving would be good for rotation and the future IMO.

We'll see what they end up doing... Davis could probably garner more in a trade than Sessions too, plus clearing Davis's contract should be priority #1 for us.

#2 cambridgeho

cambridgeho

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Interests:Browns, Cavs, Indians, and hot naked women.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

There is no way we keep Sessions man. He is good trade bait right now with how young he is. Irving and Davis and Boobie will be our PGs and I hope we also draft Brandon Knight as our SG, and he can play some PG too. Sessions and the TPE will get us a pick and Player.

#3 Mike H

Mike H

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

I'm with you I agree he's likely gone but I wish we could be rid of Davis. Him or Jamison need to go... too much contract with those two.

We need a 2 guard and a 3... if we get Derrick Williams and Irving... a starting lineup of B Davis, ??, Williams, Hickson and Varejao wouldn't be too bad. I still think we need another center, Andy is just not starting center caliber ...

#4 LCDawgFan13

LCDawgFan13

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:43 AM

The common thoughts out there are that there is really no way, staying at 1 & 4, that the Cavs can end up with Irving and Williams. The big idea that I keep hearing and that I agree with is to take Williams # 1 and then come back with Knight at #4. The gap between Irving and Knight is far smaller than the gap between Williams and anyone else we could pick up at 4. Like I said, I 100% agree! Also, to make it a complete draft for this team, at 32 you could go SG with Selby or Smith and then come back with a C like Dunigan or Benson at 54. Or you could reverse it with Benson or Tyler at C with the 32 and then Lighty or Hopson at SG with #54. Either way would work. I lean toward taking the C at 32.

Either way, this draft could make or break how quickly this team gets back into playoff contention. I really hope they get it right!

#5 Mike H

Mike H

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

Well said LCD.. I think if we went Irving, Kanter we would definitely be playing for a top 10 lottery pick again next year with hopes of finding a scoring SF.... I think Williams is our guy, we need to get him #1 or somehow get the #2 pick as well.

#6 nickers

nickers

Member since Nov 26, 2006

• REGISTERED_COPPA
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,124 posts
  • Interests:Music, Composing, Arranging, Producer, Computers, Movies, Sports,

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

I still say we go Irving/Kanter...We need cornerstones in this franchise...get the building blocks in place first and worry about superstars later.

#7 LCDawgFan13

LCDawgFan13

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

It's not about just getting a superstar Nickers...It's about the overall talent level of the players available. You're going to get a lot more proven talent by going Williams and Knight than if you go Irving and Kanter. Irving only played 11 college games and Kanter hasn't played competitively in how long? I think I'd rather take the talent that has actually played and proven their ability! And you fill 2 positions of need in the first round and add 2 more needs in the second.

#8 cambridgeho

cambridgeho

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

Draft Irving #1, trade JJ and cash for Beasley and #2pick , get Williams. draft Kanter @ #4, get rid of our TPE and Sessions for RIP and the #8 pick, Use that for Klay Thompson. I know that is alot of rookies, on the team but we also have some vets too, may the best win thier position. Also we dont even know how much of the season will be lost becuase of the lockout. Next year we get our PF and see how our team looks then. Remember The worst we could do is have less wins tha last season.
Not our starting 4 just showing ya what it would look like. Sounds crazy huh! 18 Natti Lights will do that to ya.

PG-Irving
SG-Thompson
SF-Williams
PF-
C-Kanter

#9 LCDawgFan13

LCDawgFan13

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

Cambridge...You know what's funny is that I really wouldn't mind the JJ trade and getting those 3 players in the top 4. Don't really care for the other trade but getting Beasley and the #2 would be great! Not likely to even be a remote possibility but, hey, we can dream right?

#10 LCDawgFan13

LCDawgFan13

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

So...I just saw a mock that had me nearly throwing up. It was DraftNet's newest. According to their "experts", the Cavs would select Kyrie Irving #1 and then Enes Kanter #4...Not too bad there. I could accept that. But then, in the second round, they have the Cavs selecting PF/C Jeremy Tyler and then PF/C Greg Smith. Yes, that would be 1 PG and 3 PF/C's. That would not make me very happy at all. Do we really need 3 new bigs to compete with the guys we already have more than we need a viable option to play the 2 and the 3? I think not! We lost a ton of scoring when LeBoob left. We have not recovered that. And we already have JJ, Andy, Jamison, Samuels, Harangody, Erden, and Hollins on the roster. Really?

#11 cambridgeho

cambridgeho

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

That mock is garbage man. We are not going to waste picks on PF's in the 2nd round, most likely we will be going to take Selby, and the other will be traded The Irving+Kanter senario looks like thats what all the guru's think we should do. In the end 100% of everyone will get the Irving pick right, and the rest is a crap shoot. All I know is that we will make a splash in this draft, I cant wait.

#12 Nw220

Nw220

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

Knight and Williams over Kanter and Irving..

I just dont see how people can say Kanter and Irving would make the better selection they have no production whats so ever

#13 Mike H

Mike H

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

Mock drafts are the most useless thing in the world and are something I despise about the sports industry. Please make them stop.

I'd like to see a scenario where we get rid of our TPE, Ramon Sessions, Jamison and end up with Irving, Kanter and Rudy Gay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users