Now... who do we pick?!?!

#2 cambridgeho

cambridgeho

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

First and foremost, thank you Clippers. Someone is losing a job possibly. Anyway, Its a no Brainer to take Irving at number one. We havent had a great PG in a long time. Then is get tough from there. Maybe Kanter or Williams.

#3 roach

roach

Member since Sept 16th, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

#1 and #4 picks!

Now... who do we pick?!?!

Question #1. Would you offer the #1 and #4 to Riley and the Heat for LeBron?

Question #2. Regardless to how you answered Question #1, if we did offer the #1 and #4 to Riley and the Heat for LeBron, what do you think the response would be?

#4 nickers

nickers

Member since Nov 26, 2006

• REGISTERED_COPPA
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts
  • Interests:Music, Composing, Arranging, Producer, Computers, Movies, Sports,

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

Question #2. Regardless to how you answered Question #1, if we did offer the #1 and #4 to Riley and the Heat for LeBron, what do you think the response would be?

No!

#5 Canton Mike

Canton Mike

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Family..especially Grandchildren
    Browns & Cavs (Tribe too, once Dolan is gone)
    fly fishing
    cooking

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

HELL NO!!! Team chemistry would go in the toilet. Let's get some kids who want to be PART of a Team, not THE team.

Mike

#6 hoorta

hoorta

Member since Dec 1, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • 8,506 posts
  • Interests:Football, cycling, montaineering

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

Answer to #1, NO, and HELL no. Why would we want to give the Heat a guaranteed championship, when we're now in the catbird seat to rebuild? LOL, maybe if we had LeBron AND the picks, we could do some serious damage next year. Not only that- the guy doesn't really want to be here anyway.

Answer to #2, LeBum burned his bridges- I'd hazard a guess 75% of Cavs fans wouldn't want him back- even if we could get him for nothing. I know I sure wouldn't. Seeing him in another uniform has given me better perspective. His national "decision" was a slap in the face to Cleveland fans- even his ESPN pimps like Colin Cowturd have said that was handled as poorly as could have been. On top of that, he screwed the Cavs over royally waiting until the last second to announce. Nope Roach- I'd say the divorce is pretty final after we treat the guy like a "King" and he screws us over like that. I loved watching him toss up bricks on Sunday with the shot clock winding down- brings back a few memories. If he doesn't win it this year with Bosh and Wade, what's next? Try to recruit Dwight Howard to play center? Speaking of- did LeBron EVER try to recruit anyone for the Cavs? You'd know better than me. That still irks the hell out of me the second he got to Miami, he had anyone he thought he could get to come on down on speed dial on his cell phone.

#7 hoorta

hoorta

Member since Dec 1, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

And in case you've forgotten it would be a cold day in HELL before Gilbert would ever want him back. :)

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.
This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.
The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.
You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.
Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.
But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....
I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

#8 pizzadeliveryguy

pizzadeliveryguy

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

LOL @ you guys saying no to trading the 1 & 4 in a terrible draft for arguably the best player in the league. That is just beyond stupid. I'm happy that the Cavs did well in the lottery but it sucks that they did it in a year with such a weak draft. Also, you guys thinking that Williams has a chance to slip to 4 are absolutely dreaming.

#9 Mike H

Mike H

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

Pizzadude, Williams is rated t he #7 prospect in the draft by Yahoo and just recently went up to #2 on ESPN's big board. Why is it impossible that he fell to 4?

Also, I think the #1 and #4 pick trade for LeBron was a joke... I'm hoping. I'm not gonna touch that one.

Here is what I think we should do personally... It MAY work out even...

Trade**

Baron Davis + Trade Exception + #4 overall pick to ............. New Orleans... for?????

CP3.

Sign and trade, reunite CP3 and Byron Scott. Do not draft Irving #1 overall. You draft Derrick Williams.

Clear up cap space, get rid of old injured Baron and infuse one of the best PGs in the league along with one of the best Forward prospects in the draft... Jamison has a couple years left, Hickson is on the rise. Andy will be back...

If we can do all that and sign a knockdown 3 pt shooter SG... We could be decent again.

#10 hoorta

hoorta

Member since Dec 1, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

LOL @ you guys saying no to trading the 1 & 4 in a terrible draft for arguably the best player in the league. That is just beyond stupid. I'm happy that the Cavs did well in the lottery but it sucks that they did it in a year with such a weak draft. Also, you guys thinking that Williams has a chance to slip to 4 are absolutely dreaming.

It's a hypothetical, LeBron isn't coming back- hell will freeze over before Gilbert puts him in a Cavs uniform again. The guys doesn't want to be here, and I wonder about the "phantom" elbow injury during the Celtics series last year- can we say "LeTank"? Knew if the Cavs won the Championship, he was stuck here.

OK, if LeBron is #1, then Kobe has to be #2 right? Lakers win a Championship this year? Nope. Ain't about value- it's about the huge amount of animosity LeBron has built up in Cleveland. Cavs fans aren't about to forgive and forget. We'll see after tonight, but I'm betting 4-5 really good guys and a deep bench can beat two superstars, one really good guy, and a bunch of stiffs coming off the bench.

#11 Mike H

Mike H

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

It'll be especially funny if Wade and his sidekick lose to the Bulls after Cleveland's shitty supporting cast and superstar LeFAG housed them in the 1st round last year.

#12 pizzadeliveryguy

pizzadeliveryguy

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

We'll see after tonight, but I'm betting 4-5 really good guys and a deep bench can beat two superstars, one really good guy, and a bunch of stiffs coming off the bench.

Are you suggesting that D. Rose isn't a superstar? Chicago IS a better team than the Heat. Miami simply can't match up with their bigs. They have four big men that would be starting over Miami's.

#13 hoorta

hoorta

Member since Dec 1, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Are you suggesting that D. Rose isn't a superstar? Chicago IS a better team than the Heat. Miami simply can't match up with their bigs. They have four big men that would be starting over Miami's.

Sorry, my bad- he is indeed- and yes, it's all about matchups- the Heat have no one to match up with Noah- unless LeBron wants to cover him. And he can't do that well. My point- when Deng gets tired, they'll trot out Gibson to wear LeBum down. Wade looked beat after the Bulls gang- covered him, I hope he's ready to go full speed for 48 minutes tonight, because that's what it's going to take. LOL, I said before the season started the Cheat had no one who could matchup with a great center (or even a pretty good one) and NO bench. LeBum did have an off night Sunday- and I'm hoping that will continue- there's a Mississippi River of Bad Karma flowing his way out of Cleveland. Since they broke the bank to get the Three Amigos, the center and bench situation isn't going to change anytime soon, unless they can find a vet who will work for league minimum (like Bibby or Z) to go Ring-Chasing.

At this point I'd rather have a team with depth- (and no MEBrons) the Pistons won a couple with a well balanced team, and no "true" superstars- so it can be done.

I like the Bulls strategy- let Bosh get his 30, but don't let Wade and LeBron beat you.

#14 ballpeen

ballpeen

Member since Mar 5, 2007

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

I agree.

I don't care what the OSU homers say.....this Gator homer says Noah is a Damn good player.

I wish he was on our team.

#15 pizzadeliveryguy

pizzadeliveryguy

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Sorry, my bad- he is indeed- and yes, it's all about matchups- the Heat have no one to match up with Noah- unless LeBron wants to cover him. And he can't do that well. My point- when Deng gets tired, they'll trot out Gibson to wear LeBum down. Wade looked beat after the Bulls gang- covered him, I hope he's ready to go full speed for 48 minutes tonight, because that's what it's going to take. LOL, I said before the season started the Cheat had no one who could matchup with a great center (or even a pretty good one) and NO bench. LeBum did have an off night Sunday- and I'm hoping that will continue- there's a Mississippi River of Bad Karma flowing his way out of Cleveland. Since they broke the bank to get the Three Amigos, the center and bench situation isn't going to change anytime soon, unless they can find a vet who will work for league minimum (like Bibby or Z) to go Ring-Chasing.

At this point I'd rather have a team with depth- (and no MEBrons) the Pistons won a couple with a well balanced team, and no "true" superstars- so it can be done.

I like the Bulls strategy- let Bosh get his 30, but don't let Wade and LeBron beat you.

The worse thing the heat did was sign Bosh. How he covinced everyone that he was a top tier guy is beyond me. He has a nice mid range jumper but he is charmin soft and eats up way too much salary. It would have been scary if the Heat could have used that money for a solid big man and a passable PG.

#16 pizzadeliveryguy

pizzadeliveryguy

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

I agree.

I don't care what the OSU homers say.....this Gator homer says Noah is a Damn good player.

I wish he was on our team.

I hate him but you have to respect his motor. It is crazy how much energy he has to go with that size. He never wears down. His unorthodox looking plays gives off the feel of watching women's BBall but he gets the job done and then some.

#17 hoorta

hoorta

Member since Dec 1, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:13 AM

The worse thing the heat did was sign Bosh. How he convinced everyone that he was a top tier guy is beyond me. He has a nice mid range jumper but he is charmin soft and eats up way too much salary. It would have been scary if the Heat could have used that money for a solid big man and a passable PG.

Yup, Bosh is an OK player, but he's nowhere close to Wade and James talent-wise.

Well, what transpired tonight is LeBron had his"A" game going in the 4th quarter- when that happens, he's unstoppable. It was Rose's turn to have an off night, the Heat packed the paint and mugged anyone from Chicago who ventured in. Haslem came up big. I had to turn the sound off for some of the game because Miller was sucking up to the Heat so bad, I couldn't take it anymore.

#18 Nw220

Nw220

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Im absoultely loving the CP3 deal we should defentily try that, there arent any true superstars in this draft

If we stay put i guess id go Williams with Knight because the Bigs in this draft dont impress me much, Kanter i dono about him...

Just try to do the Paul deal and make him know he would have to sign a contract because his deal is up next year

And Lebron could try to walk on this team for absouletly nothing and i wouldnt want him, i would not root for someone who spit in the face of the city of Cleveland

#19 CLEVELandMILIDH

CLEVELandMILIDH

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

I say we draft Irving and Brandon Knight at 1 an 4. Trade Davis and have Sessions as a backup. Knight's a excellent shooter and Irving's a penetrater, let them grow together. Then we have Hickson and Varejao and all we need is a scoring wingman in free agency. Or let Christian Eyenga develop in that rule, he's shown alot of potential and is extremely explosive. Knight, Irving, Hickson, Varejao and Eyenga would be my starting lineup, let'em grow together there all very young.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users