89 replies to this topic

#1 LCDawgFan13

LCDawgFan13

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

Thought about doing a poll here but decided to leave it as just a discussion. Who do you want the Cavs to pick in the first round? Both picks in the first if you want.

Me personally, I was on board with the Irving supporters until I got to witness Derrick Williams pick Duke apart last night! Wouldn't it be nice to see Williams' # 23 in a Cavs Uni next season? Add in Walker or Burks or Knight with that 2nd first rounder and then go best available with the 2nd round picks. This team could be back to being relevent next season!

Let me know what you think!

#2 SJ_Browns

SJ_Browns

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

i don't know alot about this years draft class. i haven't been paying alot of attention to anybody (other than watching osu games). what guys do you think fit the cavs needs?

#3 nickers

nickers

Member since Nov 26, 2006

• REGISTERED_COPPA
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,118 posts
  • Interests:Music, Composing, Arranging, Producer, Computers, Movies, Sports,

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

Id like us to get real cornerstones like PG and Center.

#4 SJ_Browns

SJ_Browns

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:24 AM

we need a center badly. i wonder if they'll pull sasha kaun from the euro league and see if he has any value?

#5 Canton Mike

Canton Mike

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Interests:Family..especially Grandchildren
    Browns & Cavs (Tribe too, once Dolan is gone)
    fly fishing
    cooking

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

Id like us to get real cornerstones like PG and Center.

Let's add..."PG & C with pride"! To explain myself, LBJ disrespected the Cavs players he left behind. Whether or not that disrespect was deserved doesn't matter....what does matter is that they showed no anger toward him when he returned to town with the Heat & in fact, most HUGGED him. If they had PRIDE, they certainly WOULD have shown their anger to him. We're getting players with pride on the Browns...It's now time to get some for the Cavs.
Sorry for the ramble & I'm not very familiar with players available, but I do agree that, in order to build & sustain a winner, we need a high level of play from point guard & center.
Mike

#6 cambridgeho

cambridgeho

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

I would love to get Harrison Barnes with our first pick. we still have to beat out the timberwoves for the better percentage to get the first pick. Harrison Barnes would be a great 2 or 3 spot on our team. Kyrie would be nice but we have some pg's on our team already. With our second pick I would like to get Enes Canter, a Pau Gasol type dominating player he and JJ and Andy could all rotate pf to c depending on who else is on the floor. I would also like to do a homer pick and get David Lighty with one of our second rounders. Im sure we will be doing some wheeling and dealing before the draft because a lot of teams dont like this draft class,to be honest after picks 15 or so the talent really drops off. I see Jamison leaving and Parker and Boobie.

Im thinkin

PG-Baron, Sessions
SG-JR Smith" via FA", Eyenga, Lighty, Barnes and Smith could rotate this spot too.
SF-Harrison Barnes, Gee
PF-JJ/Luke/Hollins--- good rotation
C-Canter/Andy/Erden--- could be a super rotaion.---------------To be to not to be, do not let us down, oh wise ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 FearTheRoo

FearTheRoo

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:58 AM

I'm hoping for Kemba Walker out of UConn and Derrick Williams out of Arizona if he declares. I agree we need a PG and a Big Man and the pick we got from the Clippers will allow us to get both.

#8 Mike H

Mike H

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:14 PM

I like cambridgeho's idea but I think we should go Derrick Williams and Canter.

#9 Dawgdamit

Dawgdamit

High School Baller

• REGISTERED
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:38 PM

Thought about doing a poll here but decided to leave it as just a discussion. Who do you want the Cavs to pick in the first round? Both picks in the first if you want.

Me personally, I was on board with the Irving supporters until I got to witness Derrick Williams pick Duke apart last night! Wouldn't it be nice to see Williams' # 23 in a Cavs Uni next season? Add in Walker or Burks or Knight with that 2nd first rounder and then go best available with the 2nd round picks. This team could be back to being relevent next season!

Let me know what you think!

One mock has us drafting, 3 SF in a row. Derrick Williams. T, Jones and Richmond in the 2nd rd. They also projected CSU's Cole to go late first round.

#10 LCDawgFan13

LCDawgFan13

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

I just read a mock that I loved...but would never happen in a BILLION years. He had Stern fixing the draft in Cleveland's favor and had the Clippers getting the #1 pick and the Cavs getting #2 in the lottery thus the Cavs would be picking 1 & 2. He then had them taking Derrick Williams #1 and Harrison Barnes #2. One can dream right?

#11 SJ_Browns

SJ_Browns

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

I'm hoping for Kemba Walker out of UConn and Derrick Williams out of Arizona if he declares. I agree we need a PG and a Big Man and the pick we got from the Clippers will allow us to get both.

i don't know alot about kemba, but i heard some bad things about his shooting skills. does anybody know if this is true?

#12 b86b

b86b

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Williams and Knight would be a great combo for the next few years!!!!

#13 Mike H

Mike H

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

Harrison Barnes returning to UNC.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6381288

#14 MDHQ

MDHQ

High School Baller

• REGISTERED
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:THE NFL DRAFT!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

Im guessing Brandon Knight

#15 Canton Mike

Canton Mike

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Interests:Family..especially Grandchildren
    Browns & Cavs (Tribe too, once Dolan is gone)
    fly fishing
    cooking

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

Most folks are now wanting Irving at #1. Not me, & here's my thinking...If we take Irving #1, Williams will almost certainly be gone by #4 & we will either be looking at drafting 2 top guards or taking a chance on Kanter (who I question athletically) or any of a number of "IFS". If we take Williams #1, sitting at #4 WILL be either Irving (almost surely NOT), Walker, or Knight, & that makes for a pretty sure bet on 2 outstanding players. We'll see how this pans out, but I want to see the Cavs maximize BOTH picks rather than taking a huge gamble with #4.
Mike

#16 Mike H

Mike H

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

I like the PG and Center idea. However, who is gonna play SF and who is gonna SCORE points?

I think we should go Derrick Williams #1 overall, then get Knight or Kemba Walker at #4. Pick-up a big man in F/A.

#17 FearTheRoo

FearTheRoo

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

Most folks are now wanting Irving at #1. Not me, & here's my thinking...If we take Irving #1, Williams will almost certainly be gone by #4 & we will either be looking at drafting 2 top guards or taking a chance on Kanter (who I question athletically) or any of a number of "IFS". If we take Williams #1, sitting at #4 WILL be either Irving (almost surely NOT), Walker, or Knight, & that makes for a pretty sure bet on 2 outstanding players. We'll see how this pans out, but I want to see the Cavs maximize BOTH picks rather than taking a huge gamble with #4.
Mike

This is exactly how I feel. I'm not sold on Kanter at all! But I feel like the "media" has already tagged Irving as #1 which is probably true. I mean he barely played last year so I didn't get a chance to see much of him...

#18 Chris.

Chris.

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

I like the PG and Center idea. However, who is gonna play SF and who is gonna SCORE points?

Can't solve all of our problems in one draft. We'll most likely be back in the lottery next year, and that draft looks heavy in wing players (http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft). Top 5-caliber legit centers don't come around too often, to pass on one for an average PG prospect doesn't really make sense to me. Especially one like Kanter, who looks like he has the outside game that would work great next to Varejao.

Williams - Varejao - Kanter would be a pretty good looking frontcourt, but I don't think I'd pass on Irving. Get our PG and Center this year, and a wing player next year. I'd be fine watching the growing pains with two great building blocks if we end up back in the lottery next year, with a shot at someone like Harrison Barnes.

#19 Nw220

Nw220

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

I dono about Irving but if we took him number 1 then we'd have to take Kanter or someone else for the Big, Kanter is an unknown who just showed up late in the season..

Id say are best option would be Williams and then Knight, but what really sucks is this draft isnt that great and we have two top 5 picks...

If this was another draft id be stoked but i dont see any superstars in this draft...

Id say trade the 4th overall pick with Baron Davis and whoever else for Chris Paul and then take Williams number 1..

#20 Mike H

Mike H

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Id say trade the 4th overall pick with Baron Davis and whoever else for Chris Paul and then take Williams number 1..

That's what I've been sayin!!

I think NOL would be crazy to do it, but they have to know CP3 is gone after next season and they can pickup a potential PG replacement in Knight or Walker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users