THE BROWNS BOARD

Cut Delhommo Now

Zombo

He's washed up. Let Seneca run the team until Colt is ready or we draft another guy next year.

We are 1-4 and he is old and immobile and prone to turnovers.

Outright cut him and move on.

Zombo

I would also cut Jerome Harrison and Abraham Elam.

Harrison doesn't give a shit anymoe, as evidenced by us keeping an injured Hillis in there rather than last year's star who doesn't provide a lift at all when needed.

Elam can't tackle, can't cover. WTF? What else is there? Adams and Ward at safety, Haden and Brown at corner. Brown go burned today, but we never should have left him on an island after a leg injury.

Zombo

I know it's natural to get mad and point fingers, but we lost this game due to injuries. There is no one to blame. Yes, you might wish for greater depth on the sideline, but I don't think the front office has had enough time to accomplish that yet. We need more time, and more luck. This was just bad luck, imho.

Let's not forget to add Daboll to the firing squad. We lose our starting QB, and replace him with a hurt, confused QB...............So what does Daboll do?? He calls pass after pass, in a 3 piont game, at home. Maybe he thought Dan Fouts was playing? What a complete jacka$$.

I would also cut Jerome Harrison and Abraham Elam.

Harrison doesn't give a shit anymoe, as evidenced by us keeping an injured Hillis in there rather than last year's star who doesn't provide a lift at all when needed.

Elam can't tackle, can't cover. WTF? What else is there? Adams and Ward at safety, Haden and Brown at corner. Brown go burned today, but we never should have left him on an island after a leg injury.

Zombo

Elam is a freaking joke. The dude tackles like a sissy bitch. Eric Wright must've gotten his balls removed because he also is playing like a bitch. Harrison seems to have forgotten that the season has started.. he is lucky to get 2 yards per carry.

Ugh I'm getting frustrated with this. We had a chance to win this game and we just blew it with piss poor play. You can't even blame the coaches too much for this one. This team is improving, but we as a city are growing so impatient. I'm sick of waiting. I like where we are going, but I'm just so.. so sick of waiting.

Cut Delhomme. Bench Harrison. Cut Elam. And Ben Watson, I love ya man.. but enough with the xxxxing penalties. Seems like he is getting at least 2 per game now. Love his play. Hate his focus.

There is no one to blame.

There is plenty to blame.

Front office: the Redskins got McNabb, we get Delhommo. The Ravens get Boldin, we get delno one.

Coach: He's 6-15 and his offensive coordinator has no plan for winning games at all. He has a plan to stay in them ... but not to win them. Once we are behind, we are done.

Quarterback: Jake Delhomme was a good quarterback for Carolina up until 2008. That is a lifetime ago in the NFL. He is old, slow, and turns the ball over like a machine. We are 1-4 ... what is the point in playing him anymore? I'm sorry he's injured, I'm sorry his career will not have a pretty ending ... but I just don't see what he brings to the Cleveland Browns right now.

Running Back: WTF is wrong with Jerome Harrison? Hillis is fucking out there bleeding and limping and all Harrison can do when he gets in there is fall down for a one yard gain. Enough. I see RBs throughout the league breaking through all the time. Give some young hungry guy a chance.

WR: We have the worst wideouts in the NFL. Robiskie is about as useful as I would be. Massaquoi would be a nice third receiver on a team with real wide receivers.

DB: Wright can't cover, Brown has been burned two weeks in a row and Abe Elam is making me miss Percy Ellsworth.

Zombo

OK, I'm fine with putting some blame on Harrison, who needs to step up in that situation and carry the Browns to a win. But let's face it: we win that game if Seneca and Hillis aren't knocked out of the game.

Also, Zombo, you didn't point to the biggest failure today: Joe Thomas leaving his QB up for grabs. And where was the run blocking today?

OK, I'm fine with putting some blame on Harrison, who needs to step up in that situation and carry the Browns to a win. But let's face it: we win that game if Seneca and Hillis aren't knocked out of the game.

Also, Zombo, you didn't point to the biggest failure today: Joe Thomas leaving his QB up for grabs. And where was the run blocking today?

Agreed, our probowl tackle got his ass kicked today.

Has anyone ever seen a situation where the back-up qb goes out and everyone thinks: "oh shit, here comes the first stringer." Delhome is a nice guy and all, but he's done. Get rid of him now.

Yeah this board last year with Anderson and Quinn lol

The dude is injured. Have any of you ever tried to play a sport injured?

Amen, he was the second string QB today for a reason. He obviously didn't give us the best chance to win. But you know what hurt's our chances even more?....Jerome Harrison. He starts falling before contact is even made, he's just trying to make it through the season healthy so he can get paid. Cut his ass ASAP. Marshawn Lynch would've been a nice addition for a 4th rounder,

Amen, he was the second string QB today for a reason. He obviously didn't give us the best chance to win. But you know what hurt's our chances even more?....Jerome Harrison. He starts falling before contact is even made, he's just trying to make it through the season healthy so he can get paid. Cut his ass ASAP. Marshawn Lynch would've been a nice addition for a 4th rounder,

Amen.. Jerome Harrison is terrible. When you have that mentality, you get cut from the NFL league, which stands for Not For Long.

All I ask is that you give Delhomme a chance to play again when he is 100% instead of being a good 1-2 weeks away from getting over a serious ankle sprain. Most of you out there who are hating on him more than likely played JV football or sat out when you stubbed your toe so I don't think you would know a freakin thing about playing hurt let alone playing INJURED. Until he is healthy I don't want to see him on the field and I can understand why some of his fire is gone considering the crappy situation he is in but I am completely against cutting a TEAM CAPTAIN VOTED ON BY HIS TEAMMATES before he can get healthy.

Oh and if you guys want to know what it is like to play with an ankle injury come over to my house, I'll hit you with a hammer, and we can play some backyard tackle.

All I ask is that you give Delhomme a chance to play again when he is 100% instead of being a good 1-2 weeks away from getting over a serious ankle sprain. Most of you out there who are hating on him more than likely played JV football or sat out when you stubbed your toe so I don't think you would know a freakin thing about playing hurt let alone playing INJURED. Until he is healthy I don't want to see him on the field and I can understand why some of his fire is gone considering the crappy situation he is in but I am completely against cutting a TEAM CAPTAIN VOTED ON BY HIS TEAMMATES before he can get healthy.

Oh and if you guys want to know what it is like to play with an ankle injury come over to my house, I'll hit you with a hammer, and we can play some backyard tackle.

Thank god theres still some sane people around here.

I had a sprained ankle this year. Grade 2 I believe.... It was tough, but I didn't practice for 3 weeks straight. Okay, maybe we were too tough on Jake, but still he at least could of played a little better.

You know what play I really hated? The run out the clock at the end of the half. Injured or not, WHAT? you can't heave it into the endzone?

Just MHO, but Wallace didn't look all that crippled midway through the third quarter. Seneca on on good leg is still more mobile than Jake. And that second INT was inexcusable. Eat the damn ball, you were on the way down when you chucked it up there on a prayer.

How did Harrison ever run for 200+ yards? This year it looks like a stiff breeze can knock him over.

I had a sprained ankle this year. Grade 2 I believe.... It was tough, but I didn't practice for 3 weeks straight. Okay, maybe we were too tough on Jake, but still he at least could of played a little better.

I've had a grade 2 before as well in high school, but I was lucky and mine happened during track (long story) instead of football and I was only out for 3 days since I was a thrower. I had a good friend who had the same thing during football who was out 3 weeks like you before he was near 100%. But Jake doesn't have a level 2, he has a high ankle sprain which is supposed to be harder to get over than a broken ankle. I find it astonishing that he was even practicing this week, let alone out there playing.

You know what play I really hated? The run out the clock at the end of the half. Injured or not, WHAT? you can't heave it into the endzone?

Just MHO, but Wallace didn't look all that crippled midway through the third quarter. Seneca on on good leg is still more mobile than Jake. And that second INT was inexcusable. Eat the damn ball, you were on the way down when you chucked it up there on a prayer.

How did Harrison ever run for 200+ yards? This year it looks like a stiff breeze can knock him over.

Wallace was out there looking like he was ready to go because he wanted to go out there, not because he was healthy enough to go out there. I can remember going out of games because of concussions still wearing my shoulder pads and caring my helmet every where I went because I WANTED to be out there, not because I COULD go out there. In his post game interview in the locker room he talks about wanting to be out there but knowing that he couldn't becuase he would either A: play poorly, or B: hurt his ankle worse. As for Delhomme's two INT's neither were really his fault. the first was just from good play from the DT and Stuckies in ability to tackle him (seriously looked like he ran alone side the guy for 10 yards before he even tried) and the 2nd he was hit from his blind side due to poor blocking on Thomas' part. The hit which happened at the time of the throw cause it to go very low and hit Mack on the helmet causing the ball to fly 30 feet into the air making ti so a child could have picked it off.

There is plenty to blame.

Front office: the Redskins got McNabb, we get Delhommo. The Ravens get Boldin, we get delno one.

Coach: He's 6-15 and his offensive coordinator has no plan for winning games at all. He has a plan to stay in them ... but not to win them. Once we are behind, we are done.

Quarterback: Jake Delhomme was a good quarterback for Carolina up until 2008. That is a lifetime ago in the NFL. He is old, slow, and turns the ball over like a machine. We are 1-4 ... what is the point in playing him anymore? I'm sorry he's injured, I'm sorry his career will not have a pretty ending ... but I just don't see what he brings to the Cleveland Browns right now.

Running Back: WTF is wrong with Jerome Harrison? Hillis is xxxxing out there bleeding and limping and all Harrison can do when he gets in there is fall down for a one yard gain. Enough. I see RBs throughout the league breaking through all the time. Give some young hungry guy a chance.

WR: We have the worst wideouts in the NFL. Robiskie is about as useful as I would be. Massaquoi would be a nice third receiver on a team with real wide receivers.

DB: Wright can't cover, Brown has been burned two weeks in a row and Abe Elam is making me miss Percy Ellsworth.

Zombo

i agree top to bottow. Especially the Robiskie comments. Why have him on the field? In fact we overreache dfor both Robiskie and Masso. Cut yout losses on these schmucks.

You're right that Harrison doesn't care. You can see it the moment he steps on the field.

i agree top to bottow. Especially the Robiskie comments. Why have him on the field? In fact we overreache dfor both Robiskie and Masso. Cut yout losses on these schmucks.

You're right that Harrison doesn't care. You can see it the moment he steps on the field.

Once against those are WRs with 1 year of experience who have yet to develope. WR is the hardest position to come straight out of the draft and go right into and in most cases it can take 3-4 years for them to completely to develop. If we went and tossed every player after 1-2 years because they haven't fully developed then we wouldn't have a team (oh wait we don't for that very reason).

Hillis was injured and he still found a way to perform, so why couldn't Jake? i had a high ankle sprain last year and yes they are a b**** to deal with, but winners find ways to win regardless of how their body feels. Jake looked confused and upset every-time they showed his face. Our receivers are average with no stand-outs, though i like stuckey's quick catches. It is extremely disappointing to see Seneca get hurt when he finally looked solid. Cut Elam and Harrison. I do not want to play Colt, but i do not want to see Delhome start. Woe is Cleveland.

Hillis was injured and he still found a way to perform, so why couldn't Jake? i had a high ankle sprain last year and yes they are a b**** to deal with, but winners find ways to win regardless of how their body feels. Jake looked confused and upset every-time they showed his face. Our receivers are average with no stand-outs, though i like stuckey's quick catches. It is extremely disappointing to see Seneca get hurt when he finally looked solid. Cut Elam and Harrison. I do not want to play Colt, but i do not want to see Delhome start. Woe is Cleveland.

Are you a QB? Did you sprain your plant foot? Have you been on the side line for 3 straight weeks? Are you 35 years old? If you answered no to these then shut up because you obviously do not know what you are talking about. You also didn't point out how you did while "playing" on your so called injury cause if you were a QB or a RB I doubt you went out there and performed well period. Plus Hillis' and Delhomme's injuries were completely different and injuries affect different positions in different ways. Hillis had a quad strain, that is the muscle in the front of your thigh. This slowed him down and took some of his power away, which we saw on the field. He was in no way shape or form 100% and he did not have the best game. Jake has a high ankle sprain on his plant foot, effecting his accuracy and his ability to dodge any kind of pressure, which effected his game just like it effected Hillis. I could understand people complaining if Jake said he didn't want to play on the injury, I COULD understand that, but I can not tolerate people calling for him to be cut after a bad outing when he was at 75% at best.

I bet you would look upset too if you were doing your best while injured and it still wasn't cutting it.

See the problem with ankle injuries on QB's is the fact that all your throwing power is generated from your feet straight up through your arm. If your planting leg gets injured you wont be able to throw as well or a lot of the time not at all. Its like what we are seeing with Brett Favre this season his ankle is really screwed up and his performance has suffered greatly because of it.

Are you a QB? Did you sprain your plant foot? Have you been on the side line for 3 straight weeks? Are you 35 years old? If you answered no to these then shut up because you obviously do not know what you are talking about. You also didn't point out how you did while "playing" on your so called injury cause if you were a QB or a RB I doubt you went out there and performed well period. Plus Hillis' and Delhomme's injuries were completely different and injuries affect different positions in different ways. Hillis had a quad strain, that is the muscle in the front of your thigh. This slowed him down and took some of his power away, which we saw on the field. He was in no way shape or form 100% and he did not have the best game. Jake has a high ankle sprain on his plant foot, effecting his accuracy and his ability to dodge any kind of pressure, which effected his game just like it effected Hillis. I could understand people complaining if Jake said he didn't want to play on the injury, I COULD understand that, but I can not tolerate people calling for him to be cut after a bad outing when he was at 75% at best.

I bet you would look upset too if you were doing your best while injured and it still wasn't cutting it.

you seem to be focusing too much on me. I did not state that i could perform well injured which has nothing to do with the discussion, i merely mentioned it, so thank you for your assumption and attack, because i am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that i was in the same situation as jake(yes thats sarcasm). It has been proven in the past that great players play through pain, do you talk to jake everyday? do you know how his ankle feels? you sir, have no right to tell me to shut-up. Only jake knows how his ankle feels, he looked dismal before he even took his first snap. Jake could have told the coaches not to play him, and I did not even mention cutting him, i stated that he performed poorly, that was obvious. I thought hillis played extremely well given his circumstances, i have the utmost respect for him, and have enjoyed watching him since his first play as a cleveland brown

See the problem with ankle injuries on QB's is the fact that all your throwing power is generated from your feet straight up through your arm. If your planting leg gets injured you wont be able to throw as well or a lot of the time not at all. Its like what we are seeing with Brett Favre this season his ankle is really screwed up and his performance has suffered greatly because of it.

yes i am aware, not trying to sound rude, i am extremely disappointed that Brett once again decided to stay in the NFL, i respect his career, but he needs to realize that his time has passed, hopefully it will be apparent after this year

yes i am aware, not trying to sound rude, i am extremely disappointed that Brett once again decided to stay in the NFL, i respect his career, but he needs to realize that his time has passed, hopefully it will be apparent after this year

if moss helps them turn it around, and they win it all i really wont know what to expect he could retire, or he could decide that he is still good enough to keep playing.

Once against those are WRs with 1 year of experience who have yet to develope. WR is the hardest position to come straight out of the draft and go right into and in most cases it can take 3-4 years for them to completely to develop. If we went and tossed every player after 1-2 years because they haven't fully developed then we wouldn't have a team (oh wait we don't for that very reason).

It's going to take the WR's a while to develop. It's got to be a little bit harder not having a veteran for them to learn from. From the little I saw of just MoMass, I thought his routes were not ran very well. He was sluggish and telegraphed where he was going. But overall he had a decent game, for his standards, today.

Archived