• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 cambridgeho

cambridgeho

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Browns, Cavs, Indians, and hot naked women.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

On the cavs.com site. a little to late but pretty badass

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

#2 CLEVELandMILIDH

CLEVELandMILIDH

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

He's the f@#king man, the greatest statement I've ever heard from an owner/management/whatever. Dan Gilbert's got big kahuna's

#3 Chris.

Chris.

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

Okay, that's pretty awesome.

Just....please don't go out and overpay some scrub.

#4 flipflop

flipflop

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:39 PM

you the man Dan.

#5 manbearpig

manbearpig

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:football, working, drinking, eating, breathing, farting, having fun.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

I like it!! I really like it!! A good bashing, I hope he can deliver on the promise!

#6 Browns57

Browns57

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

Way to go Dan Gilbert! I don't know how you will get it done but work out a trade and cut some salary and add some more talent!

#7 Canton Mike

Canton Mike

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Interests:Family..especially Grandchildren
    Browns & Cavs (Tribe too, once Dolan is gone)
    fly fishing
    cooking

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

Ho,
You beat me to posting this.
I Am & HAVE BEEN a HUGE Gilbert fan since he bought the Cavs. He is, in my opinion, the best Sports owner we have seen in Cleveland since the '50s.
I commented earlier on his resolve to bring a Championship to Cleveland & this letter just shows not only his passion, but his courage, character, determination, & commitment to us, the Cavs fans.

Lebron, you BLEW it by leaving the best fans & best Owner in the NBA. He bent over backwards for you, & you didn't even have the balls to confront him with your decision......King?..NO!.....Princess?...maybe

Dan Gilbert....Cavs fans LOVE YOU!!!
Mike

#8 cambridgeho

cambridgeho

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Canton Mike @ Jul 9 2010, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ho,
You beat me to posting this.
I Am & HAVE BEEN a HUGE Gilbert fan since he bought the Cavs. He is, in my opinion, the best Sports owner we have seen in Cleveland since the '50s.
I commented earlier on his resolve to bring a Championship to Cleveland & this letter just shows not only his passion, but his courage, character, determination, & commitment to us, the Cavs fans.

Lebron, you BLEW it by leaving the best fans & best Owner in the NBA. He bent over backwards for you, & you didn't even have the balls to confront him with your decision......King?..NO!.....Princess?...maybe

Dan Gilbert....Cavs fans LOVE YOU!!!
Mike

Sorry brotha but I was pretty excited about him doggin former numer 23. We have a great fan base, how do we not, we never have black out and we always get our hearts torn to pieces and yet we still come back every year optimistic. we as fans are very badass, we support whatever product that our city gives us. Im raising my Full Glass of Coors tonight to all the Cleveland Fans and hope you all know that we will be fine.

#9 Goby

Goby

High School All Star

• REGISTERED
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:20 PM

Hero of Cleveland

#10 BigBrownsFan

BigBrownsFan

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:33 AM

Sounds like a freaking crybaby, if you ask me......

#11 DieHardBrownsFan

DieHardBrownsFan

Member since Sept 18, 2006

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts
  • Interests:Browns

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:34 AM

Lebron is a self absorbed traitor in my opinion. I don't blame Gilbert for venting on him. Cleveland has kissed Lebron's ass, given him whatever he wanted him, and he disrespected us on national TV. I think he will be the new king alright, king of the most hated in Cleveland, even surpassing Art Modell. Screw him.

#12 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (BigBrownsFan @ Jul 9 2010, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a freaking crybaby, if you ask me......

No one did.

#13 CLEVELandMILIDH

CLEVELandMILIDH

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:55 AM

Mo Williams tweets, READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP

mogotti2

The person that I feel most sorry for is mike brown. He is a really good coach.
Fri Jul 09 2010 02:28:06 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon
Reply Retweet

mogotti2
Well, after I wake up in the morning its a new day and I can embark on the new journey in my life. Love all my fans. And that's 100
Fri Jul 09 2010 02:25:22 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

mogotti2
On things u always see how the outcome of a situation happened. This is crazy wow. The big 3 in Boston were gettin old but they are young
Fri Jul 09 2010 02:22:59 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

mogotti2
But in all reality as we see he was really considering the possibilty of leaving if he felt was the rt situation. Wow, when u look back
Fri Jul 09 2010 02:21:40 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

mogotti2
I'm still can't believe he gone y'all. 4real no bs. I think we all took it for granted and thought it was a nobrainer and he was resighning
Fri Jul 09 2010 02:19:23 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

mogotti2
We got to step it up now that's all. We will be good next year. And hearing our owner keeps me convinced.
Fri Jul 09 2010 02:17:55 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

mogotti2
The night of the unexpected. Who am I kidding
about 5 hours ago via Echofon

mogotti2
I know we all angry, mad, disappointed. But remember that's a triple double walking. Let's pray he have a change of heart 2nite. It is the
about 5 hours ago via Echofon

mogotti2
But we will make it thru. Fuuuuuuuuck
about 6 hours ago via Echofon

mogotti2
To have played with such a special player. We were so damn close. So damn close now we have taken leaps and bounds backwards. This will be

mogotti2
It in cle a whole lot more. But I have no idea what went on behind closed doors but I can sit here today and say that I am truly blessed

mogotti2
Love u bron and always will. I knowu made your decision for the rt reason but we could have got it done here and u would have enjoyed

mogotti2
Never see this again.

mogotti2
On national tv. But this was history so we might not understand the magnitude today. But when we look back on this, we might not

mogotti2
The only thing, and I mean the only thing I disagree with is.... If he knew somewhere else was the destination. He should have spared cle

mogotti2
I can't believe this is really real. This is surreal. So many emotions on one man decision. I wonder what is our next move.

via Seesmic

mogotti2

Well xxxx, I gotta be honest. I'm sick ass a dog. I feel like my heart has been pulled out. But I'm happy for my friend. Shittttttttt
about 7 hours ago via Echofon

#14 CLEVELandMILIDH

CLEVELandMILIDH

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:41 AM

This fell to the 2nd page due to all the spam on the forum so Im giving it a bump

#15 Zombo

Zombo

Member since Sept 12, 2003

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,558 posts
  • Interests:The Cleveland Browns

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (cambridgeho @ Jul 8 2010, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the cavs.com site. a little to late but pretty badass

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

Holy Crap, that's fucking awesome!

I'm a bigger Cavs fan than I was yesterday.

Zombo

#16 Silverback

Silverback

College All American

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

#17 DieHardBrownsFan

DieHardBrownsFan

Member since Sept 18, 2006

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts
  • Interests:Browns

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Silverback @ Jul 9 2010, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

Go back to your sister/wife steeler troll.

#18 shepwrite

shepwrite

Member since Sept. 13, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

I loved it. It was the kind of angry, let's-go-kick-ass statement Gilbert needed to make. Not some, "We wish him well" bullshit. Call it like it is: Lebron is the most narcissistic Judas in the history of organized sports, period, and he quite obviously will bring a curse on Miami Heat basketball for the rest of time. I might be understating that.

I'd like to know just what the Cavs plan to do now, though.

#19 cambridgeho

cambridgeho

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (shepwrite @ Jul 9 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved it. It was the kind of angry, let's-go-kick-ass statement Gilbert needed to make. Not some, "We wish him well" bullshit. Call it like it is: Lebron is the most narcissistic Judas in the history of organized sports, period, and he quite obviously will bring a curse on Miami Heat basketball for the rest of time. I might be understating that.

I hope they dont charge for admisson or food or beer when they play the heat, everyone will get drunk and save some money, and everyone in cleveland can boo the whole game.

#20 ballpeen

ballpeen

Member since Mar 5, 2007

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (shepwrite @ Jul 9 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As would we all.

I like the statement, though I do think it could hurt in the search for FA this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users