THE BROWNS BOARD

What A ______ Draft?

SDBrownsFan

Gafreleets, who the hell are you?

And, Chickenwang, drafting all defensive players would have been a travesty. Did you watch the Brown's offensive last year? An overhaul was needed, and the Brown's draft picks (especially in the first few rounds) emphasized that.

That being said, I would say "solid." We can all speculate about the success of any given person in the draft, but we selected a wide array of good players, several of which are bound to stick.

This will be an easy to judge make or break draft.

Should have went WR second Round RT third round.

If Weeden,Schwartz or Hughes don't pan out - Heckert failed big time.

If our receivers look half as bad this season as they did in 2011 - Heckert failed. (but secured themselves another excuse)

If this investment into our defensive line does not help improve our run defense and overall production by leaps and bounds. - Heckert Failed.

I really like our late round picks, Benjamin,Miller and Jones I think were steals.

The Hughes pick though? Heckert is gonna look like a fool if he doesn't contribute.

Even if he does what is the ceiling on his contribution? Do they think this guy is the Magic Johnson of defensive lineman? Is he going to make all our D-Lineman that much better?

To go depth on the d-line so early when we have so many glaring holes is baffling.

Worst case scenario is we go through another year of horrible offense with piss poor passing game and Weeden doesn't look much better than Colt,Richardson doesn't look that much better than Hillis and teams still run on us with ease.

Best case scenario is T-Rich is a beast,our Offensive Line is elite,Weeden shows us his arm is as good as advertised and we finally see the field stretch,the defensive line improves with a better rotation.

Anyhow - excited as shit for the 2012 season can't wait to see the new and improved Browns.

My comment on the Browns 2012 draft is: PROMISING.

I'm literally salivating looking forward to seeing Richardson carry the ball.

I don't know much about Weeden potential, but I think that with him, Colt (that I still like: give him the playmakers he needs and then we'll judge) and Seneca we're OK. As usual most of the QBs success will be in the hands of the OL though.

On the defensive side of the football I am a bit worried by the safeties. But I still think we've got a competitive team.

The Hughes pick though? Heckert is gonna look like a fool if he doesn't contribute.

Even if he does what is the ceiling on his contribution? Do they think this guy is the Magic Johnson of defensive lineman? Is he going to make all our D-Lineman that much better?

no.

i'm sure if you dig deeper into his history he's probably the nephew of some guy that used to paddle holmgren on his ass with an apple in his mouth mumbling through the apple: "thank you sir, can i have another?!"

With all the excitment that was in the stadium when we took richardson everyone was pumped but i'll describe this draft in one word as it related to our 22nd pick.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ya with that many H's.... So many people thought we were going WR everyone was talking about it and when Rog Smog said the name BRADON everyone knew instantly GAG CHOKE UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

As more reflection has lifted some of my "confusion", I need to change my answer...

What A Fearful Draft.

We were afraid Minnesota will risk missing out on a blue-chipper to let someone trade up from outside the top six, so we give them a couple picks.

We were afraid Weeden won't last the first round, so we pass on Rieff. This even though it is clear that had Wright been there at 22, he would have been the pick.

Then after taking a round off, we were sweating whether Hughes will fall to us after trading down 20 spots with Denver. Hughes? A guy with a 5th round grade? and we were worried...

I'm sure we were at least concerned about a couple more late rounders and UDFA's...

Fear is a terrible way to draft. It affects judgment.

That said...

toxic, it ain't the end of the world. We didn't do badly, we just could've done better.

Couldn't have said it better, I think they panicked on a few of the picks...

"wasteful"

you wasted picks to move up and get richardson when he WOULD have been there anyway.

you wasted the 22nd pick to pick father time when he would have been there in the 2nd round anyway.

could've vastly improved your team, instead now you have a great RB in a league that is swinging so far away from the run game that it isn't funny and NO ONE else to support him. your oline stinks, your WR suck dong, you still have huge issues on D.

wasteful.

Interpretation: fear inducing to Browns opponents?

With all the excitment that was in the stadium when we took richardson everyone was pumped but i'll describe this draft in one word as it related to our 22nd pick.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ya with that many H's.... So many people thought we were going WR everyone was talking about it and when Rog Smog said the name BRADON everyone knew instantly GAG CHOKE UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes, Brandon is a bad name. It is a poor man's version of Brendan.

"wasteful"

you wasted picks to move up and get richardson when he WOULD have been there anyway.

you wasted the 22nd pick to pick father time when he would have been there in the 2nd round anyway.

could've vastly improved your team, instead now you have a great RB in a league that is swinging so far away from the run game that it isn't funny and NO ONE else to support him. your oline stinks, your WR suck dong, you still have huge issues on D.

wasteful.

Dont get it, the fucking Bronco's spend 90 million on a 36 Yr old Manning hoping he will be his old self and then draft a 6'7" shaky ass qb with thier 2nd rounder, and we are wasteful. We just had an extremely productive draft and we didnt over spend in freeagency. How the hell is it wasteful? For the love of fuck enjoy what we have.

"wasteful"

wasteful.

You ever think that as the league moves away from running the ball, defenses will be geared to stop the pass and not the run? So a "lone" (according to your gay ass) team that can run the ball should do well against pass defenses. Anyway, who cares. You're gay.

Archived