THE BROWNS BOARD

religion isnt for everyone....

big red one

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rg3-turned--know-jesus-know-peace--shirt-inside-out-for-press-conference-170057980.html

Screen-Shot-2014-09-15-at-7.42.06-PM.jpg

is it because Jesus would upstage FED EX in its (NFL) perceived marketing interests?

I say that they need all the help they can get for a failing image and (very soon) profit$$

once again, the players who are least likely to bring the black eye to the league are the ones

who cant express they're own beliefs without being censored or even demonized...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rg3-turned--know-jesus-know-peace--shirt-inside-out-for-press-conference-170057980.html

Screen-Shot-2014-09-15-at-7.42.06-PM.jpg

is it because Jesus would upstage FED EX in its (NFL) perceived marketing interests?

I say that they need all the help they can get for a failing image and (very soon) profit$$

like a chink in the armour for now?

but that PC image thing is SOO important

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/radisson-suspends-its-sponsorship-from-vikings-due-to-adrian-peterson-015111110.html

Radisson suspends its sponsorship from Vikings due to Adrian Peterson

Yeah I have no problem with someone wearing something like that. Whether it's "I love Jesus" or "Allah is my guy" or "Buddha is great" or "In Vishnu, Shiva, Lakshmi, Devi and the others we trust" or even a "No White Flags" top I don't care. If people want to be proud about whatever gives them faith then go for it. If they're saying "Death to muslims" or "Buddha's a buggerer" then you can probably have objections.

Live and let live.

Yeah I have no problem with someone wearing something like that. Whether it's "I love Jesus" or "Allah is my guy" or "Buddha is great" or "In Vishnu, Shiva, Lakshmi, Devi and the others we trust" or even a "No White Flags" top I don't care. If people want to be proud about whatever gives them faith then go for it. If they're saying "Death to muslims" or "Buddha's a buggerer" then you can probably have objections.

Live and let live.

mostly I made that,, Chris, because at one point you said that you were basically a Christian which I took to mean ascribing to the very general message of peace Jesus brought forth in the New Covenant. Not the dogma of the Old Testament.

Of course Buddha's a buggerer has nothing to do with any kind of peace love, understanding or anything else. But it's the best some can do I guess.

WSS

mostly I made that,, Chris, because at one point you said that you were basically a Christian which I took to mean ascribing to the very general message of peace Jesus brought forth in the New Covenant. Not the dogma of the Old Testament.

Of course Buddha's a buggerer has nothing to do with any kind of peace love, understanding or anything else. But it's the best some can do I guess.

WSS

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make...

I think most of you want to blame non-religious people for everything 'anti-religion'. The NFL doesn't do this because of the non-religious, they do it for the religious people.

For example, in the future, if the 5 best players in the league where Muslim and on SC with a 'Praise Allah' shirt on for every interview, it would drive many Christian fans out of their minds and potentially away for good (Mendenhall comes to mind). So allowing them to freely advertise their religion would in turn hurt their business, if it caused fans to not be as interested in the product. Its the average religious persons own insecurities that has turned on them here. If religious people were actually more tolerant of other religions this wouldn't be happening. You think I'm offended when I see a cross around someone's neck? Pfffftt!!! Yeah right, I'm actually thankful for the warning.

Not the same thing so much.

There isn't a world wide terrorist movement

claiming CHRISTIANITY as their justification for violence. (fixed, dammit)

A "praise Allah" shirt has those other connotations.

There is no conflicting connotations with RGIII's shirt.

It's just the anti-Christian activists. Of which many are gay.

claiming Islam as their justification for violence.

claiming Islam as their justification for violence.

Only things from Texas are steers and queers.

I had to fix my post....

repost:

claiming CHRISTIANITY as their justification for violence. (fixed, dammit)

Archived