THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama is going after ISIS

Browns149

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/highlights-obamas-speech-islamic-state-25419462

Is this enough for you cal?

Or should we send 10's of thousands of troops to go after these people?

It is good, but not good enough to forget that when

ISIS was traveling in a giant convoy up into Iraq, through the desert, they

could have been decimated right there with air strikes.

But Obamao couldn't/wouldn't make a decision.

Now, that is he going to actually act, like I said about the two WWs...

it's is a giant clusterfook, and everybody knows it. The time to nail them

was when they were on the move in a giant convoy. Now, they are

assimilated into towns, and many massacres have taken place.

It's never to late, but now it is going to be a long time to

take them out with air strikes.

Obamao acts now because he freakin has no choice at all.

Once again, he has "voted present" like he did 128 times as a senator.

We warned about his failure to act and take stands on issues.

America, can we please elect a REAL president next time instead of an unqualified community organizer Jr high/JV wanna be?

Even Jimmy Carter says this guy is a fucking embarrassment.. facepalm.gif

Got anyone in mind?

I am willing to vote for a person who has what it takes.

The problem is, no one, that's worth a crap, wants to run.

It is good, but not good enough to forget that when

ISIS was traveling in a giant convoy up into Iraq, through the desert, they

could have been decimated right there with air strikes.

But Obamao couldn't/wouldn't make a decision.

Now, that is he going to actually act, like I said about the two WWs...

it's is a giant clusterfook, and everybody knows it. The time to nail them

was when they were on the move in a giant convoy. Now, they are

assimilated into towns, and many massacres have taken place.

It's never to late, but now it is going to be a long time to

take them out with air strikes.

Obamao acts now because he freakin has no choice at all.

Once again, he has "voted present" like he did 128 times as a senator.

We warned about his failure to act and take stands on issues.

SO if he COULDN'T take action, then why not?

was he being stopped/blocked by something?

because he's a coward? A sociopath who is oblivious to

understanding the ramifications of actions going on around in and around

our country, and overseas,

with no sense of history, no honor as a human being. That's my best guess.

because he's a coward? A sociopath who is oblivious to

understanding the ramifications of actions going on around in and around

our country, and overseas,

with no sense of history, no honor as a human being. That's my best guess.

that's a reason why he WOULDN'T do it

not why he COULDN'T do it.

because his muslim brotherhood brothers would kick his butt?

"Couldn't" depends on his allegiences. Politically, with the Muslim Brotherhood,

he has to go with them. Now, for whatever reason, though it's way, way too late,

he "says" he is going to stop them.

I'm supposing his Muslim Brotherhood friends concur now, since ISIS has had

plenty of time to disperse and do mass executions.

Watch the video here.

http://patriotaction.net/video/this-should-go-viral-obama-at-his-best

because his muslim brotherhood brothers would kick his butt?

"Couldn't" depends on his allegiences. Politically, with the Muslim Brotherhood,

he has to go with them. Now, for whatever reason, though it's way, way too late,

he "says" he is going to stop them.

I'm supposing his Muslim Brotherhood friends concur now, since ISIS has had

plenty of time to disperse and do mass executions.

Watch the video here.

http://patriotaction.net/video/this-should-go-viral-obama-at-his-best

Wouldn't is a choice

Couldn't means he didn't have a choice.

You keep giving reasons why he wouldn't , you have yet to give a reason why he couldn't

Instead of sending troops and planes to Ukraine, Obama used international pressure from the countries that are in the region(EU) to force Putin to take a step back and allow a cease-fire to be in place.

In Iraq instead of sending troops and re-invading the region he has built a coalition of up to 40 nations with a few muslim countries http://www.dailysabah.com/politics/2014/09/10/turkey-among-huge-coalition-against-isis-threat-in-iraq-syria and will continue to use US bombers to support ground troops from the Kurds, Iraqi's, and moderate Syrian rebels

Actuall I think it is just somewhat of a naive ideology. I remember thinking that way when I was a college kid. If you just love everybody they will be cool. We're all the same right? Uno mundo?

In some ways I still ascribe to that Pollyanna view but I believe realism should set in at some point when you realize there are actually good guys and bad guys and you can't trust everybody.

Still realism tends to become cynicism and I ask myself why I should give a shit about Ukraine? If the citizens of East Ukraine would prefer to be Russians who cares?

Isis?

The response to these pieces of shit beheading journalists should have been dealt with quickly and severely.

They will regard lesser measures as cowardice and it will bolster their resolve.

Play ball with the shit bags that have something to offer.

WSS

Are you saying that my views are naive? A few weeks ago we where wondering if the downing of the Malaysian flight was going to start WW3, he used international pressure to force Russia to back down from supporting the rebels, without causing to spin out of control, how is that naive?

Or in regards to ISIS we are using bombs and on the ground allies, instead of re-invading, is that naive? The problem with ISIS is there are so many people willing to join both in Syria and Iraq, and globally we have to make it look like this isn't just the US/West going after the extremists we need to have local countries join the coalition, Saudi's Turkey, Jordan, (I would say Iran but that would never happen).

No Sad, I think the president's views in general seem naive at face value.

I certainly understand a balanced approach and realize that is probably a no win situation. It just seems to me that it's the way Mr Obama looks at the world, like we did when we were kids.

Or at least that's the perception.

WSS

I think having that naive vision is not a bad thing. We should be aiming for a world where everyone can be happy living with each other, while understanding that we're a long way from being there yet and sometimes we'll have to do things that seem to go against that vision in order to achieve it.

No Sad, I think the president's views in general seem naive at face value.

I certainly understand a balanced approach and realize that is probably a no win situation. It just seems to me that it's the way Mr Obama looks at the world, like we did when we were kids.

Or at least that's the perception.

WSS

It is a no win situation, in couple ways, if we have to send significant amount of troops to Iraq to root out ISIS, it would destroy any legitimacy of current government we have been trying to get going for years, and also likely turn it back to 2005-06 when it was an insurrection if we don't send troops ISIS may never be defeated. Defeating ISIS may just make room for either another similar group to take over or have al-qaeda return back to the top...

A few weeks ago we where wondering if the downing of the Malaysian flight was going to start WW3, he used international pressure to force Russia to back down from supporting the rebels, without causing to spin out of control, how is that naive? Sad

Seriously? Nobody I read about thought that downing was going to start wwiii. Nonsense.

But Obamao flicked his magic twanger, and used international pressure to.... make Putin back down????????

NO, the inaction by Obamao encouraged Russia to INVADE with their OWN Russian troops, at the same time of the giant "aid" convoy,

which, the Ukraine only got to inspect about 38 trucks, out of something like 200, and Russia went

in before they could inspect all of them..... and turned the entire tide of the separatist dirtbag rebels' war.

That is exactly what happened. Please don't get your info about that wrong.

I don't believe all the citizens in E. Ukraine wanted to become part of the soviet union type "new russia".

I think Archduke Ferdinand was on that plane...

WSS

There was a few articles at the time that matched that line of thinking.

A few weeks ago we where wondering if the downing of the Malaysian flight was going to start WW3, he used international pressure to force Russia to back down from supporting the rebels, without causing to spin out of control, how is that naive? Sad

Seriously? Nobody I read about thought that downing was going to start wwiii. Nonsense.

But Obamao flicked his magic twanger, and used international pressure to.... make Putin back down????????

NO, the inaction by Obamao encouraged Russia to INVADE with their OWN Russian troops, at the same time of the giant "aid" convoy,

which, the Ukraine only got to inspect about 38 trucks, out of something like 200, and Russia went

in before they could inspect all of them..... and turned the entire tide of the separatist dirtbag rebels' war.

That is exactly what happened. Please don't get your info about that wrong.

I don't believe all the citizens in E. Ukraine wanted to become part of the soviet union type "new russia".

Yet they have left Ukraine according to Ukrainian officials, and there is a ceasefire.

As for a cold hearted and realistic view? Ring ring.

Hello Putin?

Yes?

US here. How about we look the other way in the Ukraine and you crack down on your asshole buddies in Iran? That work for you? Great.

WSS

A little cold hearted, but it would be nice if we did a three way call with china(not sure what we give them, maybe resolve the land disputes in the south china sea?), so we can have an aggressive conversation with N.Korea

I think having that naive vision is not a bad thing. We should be aiming for a world where everyone can be happy living with each other, while understanding that we're a long way from being there yet and sometimes we'll have to do things that seem to go against that vision in order to achieve it.

"A world where everyone can be happy living with each other" ??? That has never happened and it never will happen... That's the reality.

Pacifist Obama should have never been our "Commander in Chief." Too weak to lead a military.

What happened to the days of great generals becoming our President? I would like to see a return of that...

"A world where everyone can be happy living with each other" ??? That has never happened and it never will happen... That's the reality.

Pacifist Obama should have never been our "Commander in Chief." Too weak to lead a military.

What happened to the days of great generals becoming our President? I would like to see a return of that...

No it never has happened. Maybe it never will, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be the aim.

The days of great generals becoming president ended when the world became more than a battle ground. You need so much more than just military prowess to run a major country these days.

Generals usually identified by the campaigns they were involved in.

General Norman Schwarzkopf would be my choice too, but unfortunately hes gone.

And even when he had the spotlight. he wisely chose to stay away from the thought of it.

Governors who run a state successfully should be the ones IMO.

No it never has happened. Maybe it never will, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be the aim.

The days of great generals becoming president ended when the world became more than a battle ground. You need so much more than just military prowess to run a major country these days.

Namely community organization experience and mic skills

Many of Obama's foreign policy decisions have been puzzling and sometimes naive.

However...

In June, 800 ISIS fighters attacked 2 divisions (apx. 30,000 men) of the Iraqi army. An Iraqi army that

was raised, trained, and armed by the United States. In the face of an attack by 800 men, 30,000 men

trained and armed by the U.S. literally threw down their weapons and fled, tearing off their uniforms (also

supplied by the U.S., no doubt) as they ran. In the process, 4 major Iraqi cities fell, along with the central

bank. Prisons were emptied.

My question: barring the permanent U.S. occupation of Iraq, what exactly should Obama do? Some of us

are chomping at the bit to get in there and mix it up, but who are we sending back to the meat grinder? I don't

know anything about recent recruiting numbers, but are American kids lining up outside recruiting centers to enlist?

Or are we sending guys who have already done 4,5, 6 previous tours in the meat grinder?

At what point do we expect/demand that Iraqis take responsibility for their own fighting? Is it true what Colin Powell

told George H.W. Bush, that if we break it we own it? We invaded a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 and

now we are responsible for the resulting shitstorm? We get to go it alone? In Libya, the Arab League endorsed U.S.

involvement until we started killing people, then they weren't so thrilled. Are there going to Arab troops on the ground

getting maimed and killed? Are there going to Arab warplanes in the air, or does the U.S. once again have the joy of

bearing the brunt of the broken soldiers returning home?

I do know that if my children were of military age, I would lock them in a cage before I would allow them to join. I served

for 4 years in the early 80's, I have been to that god-forsaken part of the world many, many times, and I say to you that there

is NOTHING over there that is worth the blood of one more U.S. soldier.

It's a nice dream Chris. I don't mean to insult you for having a good heart.

Unfortunately I believe there are actual bad people in the world and real evil.

Not to mention world history which goes back 6,000 years to the creation of the earth.

;)

The peaceful trusting forgiving kind understanding are their very natural prey.

WSS

Archived