THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris

Westside Steve

Well you probably won't be surprised that I find that kind of behavior barbaric. If that were Klansmen, or skinheads or any other white hate group doing that do blacks, Mexicans or Jews, I would call them animal and subhuman savages.

Furthermore I would not blame the people that they viciously attacked for wanting to shoot them.

And of course I believe had the races been reversed this would have been the biggest story of the year.

WSS

Perhaps certain people should just start their own political threads

of what interests them, and we could talk about those.

The silence about this dirtbag in our WH is deafening.

And it is not golden.

I used to play this back in the day.

So if we can ignore the hijack, Chris, what would be Scotland's form of currency if they leave the UK? The Euro I assume but did they have their own specific dollar or pound in recent history? I am assuming they will stay in the EU right?

WSS

They have claimed they'll still use the GBP, which has been rejected by the chancellor, George Osborne. Obviously, they'd use that for a little while anyway, until they got their own money printed. Alternatively, the Euro makes sense, but for that they'd need admission to the EU, which has declared that a new sovereign state would not automatically be admitted to the EU, and would be subject to the same kinds of scrutiny as new joiners such as Croatia. That's not to say they wouldn't be allowed in, it just might not happen for the next 5 years or so.

Why does Scotland want to secede? Is that tantamount to a state seceding or does Scotland have some degree of sovereignty?

Scotland has its own parliament, and a lot of powers have been devolved there in recent times, to the point where it's almost autonomous. It of course was a separate county up until the unification in the early 17th century, and there's always a lot of 'anti-English' sentiment going on, so it's not like the citizens of the two countries (plus Wales) have ever truly assimilated properly. I mean, you go across the UK, which is about the size of Ohio, roughly, and you get countless different accents and dialects of English for a start, showing the lack of assimilation throughout the centuries.

Add in the fact that they have their own soccer, rugby & cricket teams (like wales and N. Ireland while we're at it) and it's very easy for the Scots to have a sense of Scottish identity, rather than British identity, and there's a feeling among a lot of the population (about half, judging by recent polls) that they want Scotland to be run by the scottish, not some 'English Toffs in London'

I'm with Chris it is getting old. Backing off and lurking now and then is fine. A post titled "Today's Youth", and I have to look. A post titled "Liberals are bad" or "Black people deserve to get shot", yeah, fuck that. It's fucking stupid and it got old.

That's what I decided to do! You should spend your time on this post, instead:

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30218

How odd, I put a certain board member on "ignore",

and challenge the libs on the board to post their own subjects...

and they leave en masse and lurk.

See? I nailed it. Without the personal attacks, they don't/won't have

anything to say about all the current scandals and failures of this

corrupt regime.

Once again, they can't control the non-liberal message on the board,

and they take their ball and go home.

The rest of us, we care, we're interested, and we bitch about the way things are

politically regardless of who is president.

When they come back, and feign indignance over a lack of transparency, "lies", "failures",

and wars and the economy and race relations... it will only be when the pres is a republican.

I'll be right here to call it again.

How odd, I put a certain board member on "ignore",

and challenge the libs on the board to post their own subjects...

and they leave en masse and lurk.

See? I nailed it. Without the personal attacks, they don't/won't have

anything to say about all the current scandals and failures of this

corrupt regime.

Once again, they can't control the non-liberal message on the board,

and they take their ball and go home.

The rest of us, we care, we're interested, and we bitch about the way things are

politically regardless of who is president.

When they come back, and feign indignance over a lack of transparency, "lies", "failures",

and wars and the economy and race relations... it will only be when the pres is a republican.

I'll be right here to call it again.

If the republicans put forth the same quality of presidential candidates, it may be quite a while.

Frankly guys I don't give a fuck about Obama the Liberals marauding Negros or the Xbox one as far as this thread is concerned. I thought the secession of Scotland was it interesting subject.

Don't we have enough other threads to talk about those topics?

WSS

Too many. Last polls I saw had 'No' ahead by about 5 points, which would mean staying in the UK. It's probably better that they do, but it's quite startling that there's that much anti-UK sentiment.

On a related note, the same people that want Scotland to be out of the UK - "Scotland for the scots, by the scots" are probably the same people that would not stand to be in the EU, so I wonder whether they'd have a referendum on joining the EU, or if they'd stay out.

Further, there are a lot of big businesses that have said that if Scotland leaves the UK they'd relocate from Edinburgh to London, including Royal Bank of Scotland.

Frankly guys I don't give a fuck about Obama the Liberals marauding Negros or the Xbox one as far as this thread is concerned. I thought the secession of Scotland was it interesting subject.

Don't we have enough other threads to talk about those topics?

WSS

Sorry I was doing exactly what I was complaining about a few posts back.

I don't see it being an economical advantage, even if they have a great plan to go forward with the mere questions regarding how things would work afterward would encourage businesses to not invest in the country. I am sure a few companies like Chris mentioned would jump ship and relocate(unless they where guaranteed huge tax breaks or something).

of course my knowledge of the situation is miniscule but besides that adolescent feeling of wanting to move out of dads house I wonder what the advantages might be?

for instance I could understand if Texas or California might want to split off. They have enough stuff going on and they could be self sufficient. Well at least Texas since California is too dependent on the government tit.

But it doesn't seem to me as if Scotland is being bled dry financially by the crowd? It actually seems to be the opposite.

WSS

Scotland would have access to large swathes of oil and gas reserves in the north sea, and there's a decent amount of finance/tech going on up there. They would be fine, but it's not like we're holding them back, as you say.

I think you hit the nail on the head, wanting to move out of Dad's house.

Archived