THE BROWNS BOARD

Like I said, Russia is going into E. Ukraine now

calfoxwc

big serious trouble. And isis is on the rampage.

And this liberal phony president can't make decisions, won't make decisions,

and keeps going on vacations.

Obamao is a dirtbag, and holder is dirtier.

But many libs still want to talk about soccer, or bush........

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_UKRAINE_WEAPONS_CROSSROADS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-08-25-15-47-16

I understand about "why should we care" ...

but if you read up on WWI and WWII....

not caring only leads up to a point where you have no choice

but to care.

But, then it's way late, and the price to pay to solve a gigantic problem

is gigantic.

Small price when the problem is smaller is just my preference.

More serious, just a start. Other countries next, you watch, in the next two years

of the community organizer of cowardice and stupidity in our WH.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ukrainian-sargent-now-war-russia-184509355.html

Denying that the russians wouldn't be so stupid as to invade the Ukraine...

was dumb. With America out of the way because of corrupt sumbeeches in our

WH....

bad things are looking like some other countries are going to make

bad moves while they finally can.

I understand about "why should we care" ...

but if you read up on WWI and WWII....

not caring only leads up to a point where you have no choice

but to care.

But, then it's way late, and the price to pay to solve a gigantic problem

is gigantic.

Small price when the problem is smaller is just my preference.

Didn't we not care in those 2 wars?

and then we did care and we WON those 2 wars?

Why bother until it is OUR problem?

Yes, we cared, but we didn't care to enjoin the war until way, way late

in the development of the scale of the war.

By then many tens of thousands of Americans died, because the war was allowed

to have gotten so out of control, that wouldn't have had to, perhaps?, if we had

gone after a solution when the problem was far smaller.

There's an excellent WW museum in Branson, Mo. One room names all those who we

know, died in WWII. It's a long room, and most every inch of three walls is filled, and the font

size was not big. That's a place you wouldn't want to miss if you are ever there.

My point is, "staying out of it til it's really, really our business and we are forced into finally getting involved" makes for a compounded

devastatinig cost.

here's a good estimate from some guy named Carl when I looked it up:

WWI: (easy, all units wer in France) Battle deaths 53,402
WWII: nasty
►The overall Europe-Atlantic theater cost 182,070 dead. Army ground forces 141,526; United States Army Air Forces 34,505 and Navy/Coast Guard 6,039. This incluses losses at sea in the Atlantic, airbattles over all of Europe and troops lost in Africa & Italy.
The invasion of southern France's american battle casualties is slightly over 2,000 killed, captured, or missing.
Normandy losses are estimated at 1465 dead, 3184 wounded, 1928 missing and 26 captured. Of the total US figure, 2499 casualties were from the US airborne troops (238 of them being deaths). The casualties at Utah Beach were relatively light: 197, including 60 missing. However, the US 1st and 29th Divisions together suffered around 2000 casualties at Omaha Beach.
Unfortunately, the casualty lists between the normandy invasion and the Battle of the Ardennes (19,276 dead, 23,218 captured or missing, 47,493 wounded) are incomplete.

Posted Today, 07:01 PM

Again, who cares? If the people in eastern Ukraine want to be Russian fine.

WSS
Well, Steve, that's the flip side. All those people don't, the large russian population does.
But there's all those other countries. Say, there's plenty of russian immigrants in our country too......

and plenty of those in former "owned by the soviets" countries:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/140304/former-soviet-satellites-shocked-russias-ukraine-moves

Russia is not stopping with Ukraine.

Posted Today, 07:01 PM

Again, who cares? If the people in eastern Ukraine want to be Russian fine.

WSS

Well, Steve, that's the flip side. All those people don't, the large russian population does.

But there's all those other countries. Say, there's plenty of russian immigrants in our country too......

yes there are. I'm sure all the Hispanics, or many of them, would like Texas and New Mexico to be part of Old Mexico.

WSS

I know you always want to throw the blame at the president(and there is plenty he deserves), but he is walking a very fine line atm trying to prevent WW3. We need to have NATO and other EU countries, that up till the point where there was to much evidence to deny that Russia was involved with Ukrainian conflict, that didn't want to get involved start doing something. Pressure from the US alone does nothing but ratchet up the tension in the area... and unfortunately we need Russia's help to go after ISIS. Syria would see any attack by the US in Syria territory as an act of war, going to war with Syria could mean going to war with Iran and Russia, and without going into Syria ISIS will never be eradicated.

If a major war does break out, Putin has already threatened that "Russia is the most powerful nuclear country", which could be seen as either a deterrent for the west to not get involved or a threat that he is willing to launch.

dammit. Went and got a root beer, hit a key, and lost my whole post. GARRRRRRR !

Okay, I'll start over - good thing I type very fast:

NO, Obamao is the coward who voted "present" instead of "yay" or "nay" on issues 128 times.

He has no American principles to guide him, nor experience, nor understanding of history

to guide him. He is our "Chamberlein", as in back in the cowardly days of said coward who favored

appeasing the nazis and helped bring out Britains desperate fight for survival in the end.

We should have already armed the Kurds hugely. We should have sent airstrikes to the giant

ISIS column traveling in broad daylight up the major highways into Iraq. We should have armed

Ukraine, and after this build-up, we should have put those missile defense systems in Poland,

the Ukraine, and several other countries, NATO or not, who desperately want to be protected

from being invaded and/or intimidated by the new soviets.

Back in the day, the soviets invaded Czechoslovakia. Know who was president then?

LBJ. Major liberal. No military experience. Pushover coward who sent many tens of thousands

of soldiers to fight in Vietnam, but would never let us bomb Haiphong Harbor because China or

the Soviets wouldn't like it. What a disgrace, and now, Obamao is the same kind of coward.

He won't decide to take action because of politics, like everything else. It isn't just me, Obamao's

latest Gallop poll approval rating has fallen to 38 %. We always kept hearing about Bush's low rating.

but libs don't talk ratings, ever, when they don't suit the agenda.

Way, way back in the day, i was playing intramural basketball in hs. Well, seemed like every shot I took,

just went in. So, the guy guarding me one game, decided to rough me up to "take me out of my game".

I got elbowed in the eye, tripped, elbowed in the ribs and the neck, and he went way up in the air and landed

on me and we both went to the floor. I had been letting know he should knock it off or else. But, "else" never came,

so he kept getting rougher and rougher.

so, after getting landed on, and a forearm to my ear, I called timeout and told my teammates that I wanted

them to get the ball to me and let me shoot. So, they did, I had the ball at the 3 pt line, and I was alone, everybody

else was under the basket.

So, I slowly dribbled toward the basket, giving me an easy shot, and sure enough, his teammates yelled to

him to guard me, cause I was his guy. So he was running for me like mad, I fake-pumped two times, and went

up to shoot my shot. He went way up in the air again. But I never let my feet leave the floor - and when he was on his way

down to crunch me to the floor again, I pulled the ball back down, and stuffed it into his lower ribs as he landed

on my shoulders, and they say the sound he made could have been heard anywhere in school.

So, there he was, on my shoulder, and I shrugged him off into the floor and he hit head first.

Didn't play another game, missed a day of school, and never messed with me again. Ever.

And, I made my two foul shots.

Anyways, Remember - Yuri Andropov was the chairman of the KGB back in LBJ's day, and he was

super vicious invasion/aggressive to the core. Putin is also KGB, and has plenty of that in him and his

cohorts, too. Phoney "red lines" and failure to make any significant decision invites more serious trouble like

we have now - and you see it in the Ukraine, Syria, Gaza, Iraq, and other places...

Oh, and btw, Putin and his "we're nuclear" hints? He would never use that on Bush or Reagan.

But Obamao invites bullying the US because of who he and his cronies are. That's very bad.

I said before all this, that Obamao's cowardice and naivete will encourage big, serious trouble.

and perhaps it is going to get a lot worse.

btw, another failure by this failure of a president, is the refusal to make

a decision in Benghazi, he and higgardly refused to let the commandoes

save the diplomat and others.

Took too much time to take a poll to see if they would lose votes, the

cowards.

What a clusterfook.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/04/bombshell-claim-security-operators-on-the-ground-in-benghazi-say-they-were-told-to-stand-down-and-thats-not-all/

Doesn't have to. He can landlock the Ukraine and starve them out, Stalin style.

See, without the E. Ukraine, which Russia wants for the seaport access, and control

over the Ukraine, they can isolate and dominate and control the Ukraine.

That's stalinist marxist 101.

They had it until the super pro russian leader was deposed for trying to sell out all of

Ukraine to russia.

And they ARE invading the Ukraine. Just a piece at a time. After the Ukraine, another country

will be next.

They've said if we let the Ukraine into NATO, they will consider it a national security matter.

Really? So, that means that they are threatening war if they don't get to "re-annex" the Ukraine

and dominate the entire region. Hell, they already took Crimea. Why the E? Because Crimea was

just a start. And russian warhawks see their chance to make America into a joke, to frighten all all of

NATO. The Ukraine is just a start.

Note: The russians are saying that NATO membership of the Ukraine is a matter violation of their national security.

Read up:

General wants permission to launch first strike against us and NATO already.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Russian-pre-emptive-nuclear-strike/2014/09/04/id/592739/

Now, look at the current members of NATO:

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/nato_countries.htm

The russian foreign minister says some very tellinig things about russian intentions

and posturing:

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-says-ready-practical-steps-escalate-ukraine-crisis-064906814.html;_ylt=A0LEV0pkrglUi7QADb5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzYmwycWd1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1NNRTY1NV8x

They want to put NATO and the US out of their empire rebuilding, that

they are talking about war because the U.S. is protecting

Monsanto with their gmo/spray building.

http://topinfopost.com/2013/05/28/russia-warns-obama-monsanto

I warned years ago, that eventually, the bad players in the world would

make their move while this coward is president, and we are distracted

by this marxist, controversial loser of a president.

It's happening.

There are several groups. For instance, you know there are Jewish Kurds?

And Christian Kurds?

All sorts of ethic Kurds. And they will be wiped out by ISIS when

we don't help them.

The PKK morphed into more of a liberal group, not so much

a communist group anymore. but there are still remants of

the old nationalist movements that are re-arising today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds

Now, we have agents? of russia kidnapping an Esontoia intel officer.

This is tweaking the nose of NATO, and judging obamo's inaction again.

I bet it won't be the last time they screw with one of those NATO countries, just enough

to cause a problem, probably not invade unless they can devise another pretext.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/06/world/europe/russia-detains-estonian-officer-raising-tensions.html?_r=0

Archived