THE BROWNS BOARD

Gut feeling Bortles to Browns

jcam222

Flugs, why don't your PMs work?

I don't know. I send/receive them so infrequently I should have plenty of room left to get these and I don't have anyone on ignore. I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know about it War!

Honestly....Cody Kesslers rookie season was as good or better than ANY season Bortles has had.....

So, why would we pay 2 draft picks and burn another season on a retread who has played worse than the guy we just drafted?.....

....all while stopping the progression of the potential developing QB we just picked last year?

Not seeing where it makes sense to do that.....???....

Can someone.....seriously.....articulate how burning picks on Bortles and benching Kessler is the better option?

My initial reply notwithstanding, I love the outside the box stuff.

If not for this and couple other diversionary threads, we'd have been hip deep (at minimum) in the second round of the FO-Staff-split-on-#1/still-a-great-chance-we'll-take-Trubs-at-#1 and/or still-a-great-chance-we'll-trade-the-#1 rumor swamp all week. Been there... done that...

My last thought on that will be: the NFL wants drama around it's #1 overall pick. It would not surprise me at all to find out that some of the topic's "sources" are league sources... as in "we're hearing from people that the Browns are..."

Therefore, I'm going to join you in the no thanks to Bortles & James...

... or maybe Benson & Hedges?

Based on close to nothing more than a bit I have this strange feeling the Browns are going to deal with Jacksonville for Bortles. The GM there is very hesitant to downright unwilling to pick up his fifth year option. His play was down last year on what I think is a pretty bad team. There is still a lot of undercurrent that the Browns are pushing for a trade. So, regardless of whether or not I am full of shit how would you view bringing Bortles here and what would you give to do it? The Jags pick at 4 currently and would need to pick up their new QB. As a start to what it would take I will speculate the Browns would have to give #1 and Osweiler plus pay $10MM of his contract to get #4 and Bortles.

Well unless Sashi is flat-out lying your gut is having a bad gas attack. His last two responses to MKC also apply to Bortles, not just Garropolo. What I remember it goes like this- "I can't envision trading for an established QB draft weekend."

Lets bottom line the replies, What pick(s) would you give for Bortles. Assume they take a QB at 4 and no longer need his services.

If the Jags take a qb @ #4, what would I give for him? Nada. No interest. More pre draft speculation that isn't worth crap.

Well now that we're here....would the flying monkeys be throwing their poop or yours?

Well I don't really love poop but if I had to clean off 1 of the other I guess I'd rather clean off my own. Which i've actually done at times in my life. To be honest i've never had to clean off monkey poop.

WSS

Archived