THE BROWNS BOARD

Andrew Berry and Sashi presser

LondonBrown

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She bothers me more than I care to say on this board. I mean...I really think she's a no-talent assclown. And you can always tell that the people she talks to roll their eyes when she talks.

Bwahahahahaha. Love it.

Know what I love MORE?? "It would surprise me if we trade down this year." And there it is folks...music to my ears.

And if you don't have time to listen to the presser, our guys pretty much said we're taking Myles Garrett. Obviously, anything can happen, but they made it quite clear that they love Garrett.

Tweet of the day....

Zac Jackson @AkronJackson

Sashi asked if he has the Patriots on speed dial: "Mary Kay does. We do not."

https://twitter.com/akronjackson/status/854728510728011776

LMAO...

^^^^ double LMAO, funniest thing I've heard in weeks. If I had been doing the Flugels thing drinking coffee while I was reading this, I would have spewed it all over the computer screen.

Mary Kay is a air headed bimbo who needs to fuck off to Foxborough and find a job there ....

no need to be nice - I think less of her still...

But, he didn't guarantee no trade UP. Did he?

Nope, said he wouldn't want to make a habit of turning two picks into one but if they feel a player is worth taking a shot at they would.

It is very obvious though that they are taking Garrett. So many superlatives about him as a young man as well as a player. Their vocabulary is a bit more extensive than our "fabulous" leader of the free world. :D

They also were pretty obvious as to what he will add to the Browns should they take him, even though their decision has been made already. It's after Garrett is where the guessing game begins for the Browns.

Color me grinnin'....

EDIT: Although trade down is not ruled out... shock would be if Sashi did so...

Also on trade up from #12: open to it, but "inclined" to do it...

Standard generic, non-committal stuff...

Mary Kay asked the same question about four times just in a different language

https://www.pscp.tv/w/a8Yv5DE2MTA2Njh8MXpxSlZiZGpyalhKQmcpcljmOJkHEp6FTxhWKdA40OLM5CCOqgL7WqJJqwMI

Just started to watch the presser.

What's with the hearts bubbling out of MKC's head? lmao...

EDIT: Had to bail on the link replay... hearts... tweets... distractions...

Full text is here: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Sashi-Brown-and-Andrew-Berry-pre-draft-press-conference---419/c5e5e1fb-7ff5-447a-a5fb-d5dd6511ecea

Eye opener from Andrew to open his participation...

"When we embarked upon evaluating this draft class last spring, we really start with a scouting database that has roughly 8,000 prospects across all levels of college football, and to whittle that list down to the 175 players roughly that we deem as draft-able and Browns’ fits takes a lot of hard work, energy and sacrifice."

8k to 175! That's some heavy lifting...

On how much of an understanding the Browns have with what may occur prior to the team’s second pick at No. 12 overall:

Brown:

We do a lot of work on that. We do quite a bit of scenario planning and you start to dig.

Music to my ears...

Just finished watching the presser. Here are my takeaways:

1.) Myles Garrett is their guy at #1

2.) They are extremely confident in what they have planned for this team. The front office is in line with the coaching staff

3.) No Jimmy G or AJ McCarron

4.) They really value and therefore want to keep their 1st and 2nd round draft picks over the next 2 years to build this roster

5.) The Browns are going to stick to their draft board for the most part. Don't expect the wheeling and dealing all the draft guru's are calling for them. They will go BPA with exceptions to the rule if it is truly going to make the team better

6.) Don't be surprised if they do not pick a qb with the first 2 picks

7.) Sashi loves to diss and discredit MKC

8.) They have already begun scouting for the 2018 draft per Sashi

On the Browns’ philosophy on drafting the best overall player or for need, including weighing when it might be beneficial to ‘reach’ for a specific position of need compared to where a player ranks on the draft board:

“All of that comes into consideration – overall talent, positional value and need on the current roster. It really just depends on the circumstance. It depends on where you are picking in the round and what other opportunities may be available later in the draft, depending on how deep a particular position is."

And there it is...

On the Browns philosophy on drafting the best overall player or for need, including weighing when it might be beneficial to reach for a specific position of need compared to where a player ranks on the draft board:

All of that comes into consideration overall talent, positional value and need on the current roster. It really just depends on the circumstance. It depends on where you are picking in the round and what other opportunities may be available later in the draft, depending on how deep a particular position is."

And there it is...

Secondary a late concern?

I think we often forget that we started behind last year given the FO and HC changes...

On how much more prepared the Browns are for the draft after having the staff together for more than a full year:

Brown: We really have already started on our 2018 draft at some of the pro days. Our scouts go out and start gathering information on some of the underclassmen. You can imagine when (Head Coach) Hue (Jackson) and I were put in position here and AB joins us after the Senior Bowl how much of an abbreviated period there is in terms of being able to be prepared and get to draft night. It is a true sprint. It is about 100 days that you have once you hire your head coach to be ready, and I feel for all of the teams out there that had changes this year in GMs or coaches or both, which is what we had. We had just infinitely more time to understand our system, understand each other, understand the draft prospects and dig on them. We rely very heavily… We felt good about last year. We will feel better about this year just because we have had more time to prepare and work with our entire scouting staff and coaching staff throughout the year.”

On if there is any difference this year because the Browns have the No. 1, No. 12 and No. 33 picks, which doesn’t happen often:

Brown: “That is right. You want to have an impact. Again, the number of picks high in the draft, the way we have positioned ourselves makes it that much more important.”

Impact... watchword of our 2017 draft...

On if it would be a stretch philosophically to trade up in the first round or if it is a possibility:

Brown: “We are open to it. Generally, we value picks. We think no matter how prepared you are there is always a lot of uncertainty in the draft. Every team misses. We are not going to be different in that regard.

We like young talent. We have said the draft is going to be the pipeline. We don’t want to get into a habit of turning two picks into one, so to speak. We just don’t think that is a good way to do business over time.

We have studied this around the league, and it is just our inclination. It does not mean that if there is a player there we might not go take a shot. We think we are positioned to be able to do that without impacting our draft much.”

7.) Sashi loves to diss and discredit MKC

Farmer throw me one of them towels...Am drowning in laughter tears..Checkmate Sashi Brown

Secondary a late concern?

Maybe not at the slimming field of Safety positions? Will be interesting to see how they/(G.Williams) values a good S vs FS vs CB early or late? ST Return skills always a nice find also

Archived