THE BROWNS BOARD

My Top-12 Draft Board - Play Along

Frenchie

New game. You are the Browns GM so this is not what you think the Browns think, this is what your Browns Draft Board looks like, from 1-12, in order. So as we hit the real 12th pick, your selection would be the highest person on your Browns draft board that hasn't already been taken.

Here's mine. Feel free to comment/criticize but only if you offer your own board.

1. Garrett

2. Trubisky

3. Adams

4 Hooker

5. Howard

6. Lattimore

7. Fournette

8. Watson

9. Williams

10.Foster

11 Cook

12 Thomas

I know this board does not like Fournette, Cook or Williams, but I'm not sold on any of the other QB's.

Something familiar about this.... hmmmm...

Grouped by certainty of talent translating to NFL. Ordered within groups (clusters) by combination of need, positional impact and viable later options.

My Board
1a: Myles Garrett (DE)
1b: J. Adams (SS), S. Thomas (DE), J. Allen (DT), R. Foster (ILB), M. Lattimore (CB), M. Hooker (FS), OJ Howard (TE), H. Reddick (OLB)

1/2 Cusp: D. Watson (QB), M. Trubisky (QB),

Ok, I'll play along. I'm going by player skill, not by team need.

1. Garrett

2. Thomas

3. Hooker

4. Adams

5. Fournette

6. Howard

7. Allen

8. Foster

9. Lattimore

10. D. Cook

11. Barnett

12. Trubisky

13. Ramcyzk

14. Reddick

15. M. Williams

1. Garrett

2. Foster

3. Allen

4. Mixon

5. Thomas

6. Lattamore

7. Hooker

8. Conley

9. Fournette

10. Kizer

11. Lamp

12. McDowell

I like Mixon, not sure that high. He should go 1st round but I think the 'incident' puts him way back. As far as his talent top four? Time will tell I guess. Wouldn't mind him slipping to our round 2 pick

I like Mixon, not sure that high. He should go 1st round but I think the 'incident' puts him way back. As far as his talent top four? Time will tell I guess. Wouldn't mind him slipping to our round 2 pick

He can do everything required of a back in today's NFL but off field stuff should see him slip out the first round. I can't see the Browns touching him.

There's a lot buzz coming out around Fournette's continuing steadfast refusal to do any agility drills, e.g., 3-cone, 20-yd shuttle, etc.

More buzz than McCaffrey's refusal to "work out" at any of his private visits with teams, which has reportedly put off some franchises who were believed to have an interest in him.

1. Garrett

2. Adams

3. Thomas

4. Hooker

5. Howard

6. Fournette

7. Allen

8. Latimore

9. Trubisky

10. Foster

11. Williams

12. Conley

I'd be happy with a Garrett & Conley first round haul.

So you would take any of those top 8 players over a QB in this draft?

1 Garrett

2 Thomas

3 Adams

4 Hooker

5 Allen

6 Fournette

7 Lattimore

8 Foster

9 Howard

10 Barnett

11 Williams

12 Ramczyk

So you're really not into QB's in the first 12. Why would you take Barnett or Ramczyk (another lineman) over a QB?

Ok, I'll play along. I'm going by player skill, not by team need.

1. Garrett

2. Thomas

3. Hooker

4. Adams

5. Fournette

6. Howard

7. Allen

8. Foster

9. Lattimore

10. D. Cook

11. Barnett

12. Trubisky

13. Ramcyzk

14. Reddick

15. M. Williams

So if you picked Garrett at 1 and Thomas was available at 12, that would be your pick. Even if Hooker and Adams are also available? Also, You would pick Cook rather than Trubisky or Williams? Why?

1. Garrett

2. Foster

3. Allen

4. Mixon

5. Thomas

6. Lattamore

7. Hooker

8. Conley

9. Fournette

10. Kizer

11. Lamp

12. McDowell

O

You really like Foster - how would you set up our starting linebackers? And Kizer - that's an interesting pick for your first and only QB. Why do you prefer him?

So you would take any of those top 8 players over a QB in this draft?

Not those 8... but I'd take any of my nine... and were they all gone, then look to trade down.

There's a lot buzz coming out around Fournette's continuing steadfast refusal to do any agility drills, e.g., 3-cone, 20-yd shuttle, etc.

More buzz than McCaffrey's refusal to "work out" at any of his private visits with teams, which has reportedly put off some franchises who were believed to have an interest in him.

The Video makes a world of difference on Mixon. But take a good look at FSU's RB Dalmon Cook criminal background..YUK! no video of his assault. But plenty there. Cooks poor hands at Combine may still boost McCaffrey over Cook? McCaffery was close to flawless at combine.(weak bench) Fournette maybe only RB off board by 12?

The Video makes a world of difference on Mixon. But take a good look at FSU's RB Dalmon Cook criminal background..YUK! no video of his assault. But plenty there. Cooks poor hands at Combine may still boost McCaffrey over Cook? McCaffery was close to flawless at combine.(weak bench) Fournette maybe only RB off board by 12?

"character" concerns may be a big issue in this draft. No one wants to draft another Aaron Hernandez.

O

You really like Foster - how would you set up our starting linebackers? And Kizer - that's an interesting pick for your first and only QB. Why do you prefer him?

Kizer 2015 tape is best of the QB's, he has great footwork in the pocket when feeling pressure yet keeping his eyes downfield and can make every throw.

If you believe accuracy can be improved (and that's definitely up for debate) he has the highest upside of them all.

Kizer 2015 tape is best of the QB's, he has great footwork in the pocket when feeling pressure yet keeping his eyes downfield and can make every throw.

If you believe accuracy can be improved (and that's definitely up for debate) he has the highest upside of them all.

What concerns me about these QB's is not talent it's their focus and decision making. They all have great tape and great traits. But how many times do they miss easy throws, or throw to the wrong colored jersey, or took a sack when he couldn't afford to and could have thrown it away. It happens in the NFL as well but rarely by the best QB's.

As I posted elsewhere, so far Kizer's is the most impressive Gruden Camp episode... and by more than a little.

I kind of forgot about Mixon. He's a true "wildcard" and I'm not sure where to put him. According to NFL talent evaluators, he might be the #1 prospect. If that's true, the team that absorbs the PR punch will be getting a tremendous steal if he's taken in the second round as predicted by many. I actually think there will be a team that falls in love with the guy and takes him somewhere in the 20's. He appears to be just too talented, and his awful incident happened several years ago and I've read multiple stories that say how much he's changed from that moment.

Archived