THE BROWNS BOARD

If it really is Hue thats pushing for Trubisky....

Clevfan4life

and who you can pick is dictated by where you pick.....simple math....(if the good ones are gone, then you cant pick em)

... unless the teams that picked the 6 QBs before you take Brady all took the wrong player, then the right one is still out there for you to take..... simple math (if the bad ones are picked, then you can still pick the good one)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... unless the teams that picked the 6 QBs before you take Brady all took the wrong player, then the right one is still out there for you to take..... simple math (if the bad ones are picked, then you can still pick the good one)

So....in summary....we are to give up the high picks for lower picks.....then rely on the other teams to miss their picks....then rely on our FO to properly identify those missed picks...then we get Tom Brady.....

Brilliant....

So....in summary....we are to give up the high picks.....then rely on the other teams to miss their picks....then rely on our FO to properly identify those missed picks...then we get Tom Brady.....

Brilliant....

Or, you can stay at 1 and take Courtney Brown
Brilliant....
(guess that goes back to my earlier statement)..........

It doesn't matter where you pick - it matters who you pick.

But thats the whole point Dbone...there are NO guarantees.....not with the #1 or with your plan.....so the argument that he could be a bust goes both ways and isnt a reason to move back(and INCREASE the bust potential).....which brings you full circle to where your odds are best...which is at the top of the draft.....its statistically proven, no matter how many Courtney Browns and Tom Bradys you throw at me....

Garrett looks like he could be the next von miller....and the 5th DE to be picked cant say the same....

Boy, the more the media and the fans proclaim Garrett as a sure fire, can't miss future HoF inductee, the more scared I get..... It reminds me of when my brother went on and on about how great of a movie Gladiator was, and then 3 mind numbing hours into it, I wanted to strangle him.

Not sure I want to know, but who does your brother want us to take at #1?

Please don't say Garrett... Please don't say Garrett... Please, anyone, but Garrett... Please don't say Garrett...

Yeah i heard today that now it hue that wants garett. So naybe its the front office tgat wants trubs. I dunno but this is getting on my nerves. Exactly why i just wanted them to say "its garett" weeks ago.

Press is just covering all the bases...

Or maybe they want to 49ers to believe they might pick Trubisky and want them to move up a spot to make sure that they don't. If I were the Browns, that would be best case scenario. Get some extra picks and still get Garrett.

... so make the trade. Then when SF takes Garrett, and the world is laughing at us... again... what do you do?

SF wants Cousins... and they are willing to wait for him another year, if they have to do so...

Just to be Devil's Advocate here, what if the first 11 look like this? Who would you then take of the remainder @ 12 and 33? Assume that Hooker goes to the Cards if you don't take him and Mahomes is still on the board @33. Keep everyone else the same. Would you trade down from 12 and/or up from 33 for anyone?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799773/article/chad-reuter-6round-mock-draft-browns-take-trubisky-no-1

Honestly, after that first round I would not give a flying fuck... but since it's you that asked, I'll suck it up... but without considering trades.

At 33, I think I'd grab a Taco... would be about the time the "munchies" hit, since I was cleared stoned out of my gourd all of Day 1. Cunningham is down a bit further, but I'd at least think about reaching for him.

At 52... none of the picks made from 52 thru round's end do much of anything for me... So I think I'd look at reaching into the names at the top of Round 3. And the greatest 2017 impact I see is in Bowser. Ultimately S. Jones may be "the guy", but the injury and the wait simply DQ him in the 2nd... I'd still take him at the top of the 3rd... just not near the middle of the 2nd.

At 65... it'd be S. Jones (CB), if I have to wait a year, so be it...

Runners up would be Bowser and Butt... which sounds like a Cop show...

1. The good news(I think?) is that this FO does not give a shit what Hue wants.....they're not on the same page....at all.....

And, even Courtney Brown had some bigger questions......why?.....Lavar Arrington.....no one knew if it was Arrington or Brown who was the superstar....or if one made the other better.....coin flip......

Bottom line.....if this FO blows the draft and overspends AGAIN on a shit QB(one year after passing on Wentz and Prescott).....then every last one of them should be burned at the stake and have their ashes fed to pigs.....

1. Wish I agreed... if I am right about ours now being a consensus driven process I see us trading down, if the rumors are true. Did a long write up on this in another thread.

I did not know that... but then I barely knew who Lavar Arington was back then.

Pigs eat ashes? I did not know that either...

Last year I ranted about Kessler and WASTING a 3rd rounder on a backup.....and sooooooooooo many people said it was a good pick and he wasnt meant to be BU, etc.....and my bottom line was this: IF we are talking QB in the first round(this year), then it was a wasted pick(coulda tapped a BU later.....or ftm, a starter)....

And....we are talking QB in the first.....and QB as a top priority.....so, to me, last years rant has been justified......wasted a third...

Bottom line.....if this FO blows the draft and overspends AGAIN on a shit QB(one year after passing on Wentz and Prescott).....then every last one of them should be burned at the stake and have their ashes fed to pigs.....

When I heard Kessler's name at the top of round 3, I not only had flash backs to failing potty training 101 - I thought someone at the diner slipped acid in my coffee. It took a while but Canton Mike eventually calmed me down about it over some turbo hot wings.

There were times I found Kessler looking like a pleasant surprise up against my initial expectations. We didn't exactly equip him with the Dallas offensive line or with an experienced Dez Bryant on the perimeter or a forever reliable TE like Jason Witten (not to be confused with a 31 year old 1 year wonder) to know whether or not improvement will ever be possible.

Is the reason that Dak Prescott had a far better rookie season than Troy Aikman did in Dallas because he's a way better QB or because he inherited a much better situation early on? Aikman went 0-11 (with at least 2 concussions from holding onto the ball too long just against Philly) throwing 9 TDs to 18 INTs so let's understand some rookie learning curves and situations are more reasonable than others. And yet, there were a number of Dallas fans that wanted to go immediately from "once upon a time" to a very sad "the end" with Aikman in favor of Steve Walsh. They probably would have done it for a very wasted Joe Walsh. Kessler wasn't the only QB getting killed here last year counting on 2 first year starters at WR with a protection up front often missing Bitonio and Greco. Whitehurst didn't even get the cup of coffee he ordered before he was delivered the snap, crackle, pop welcome to IR.

I don't see a huge difference between Dobbs and that of Trubisky/Watson so I'd rather have us go BPA in the first few rounds. I want more sudden impact in this draft particularly in the rounds it's more available. Now, if there is a run on QBs to the extent Dobbs, Webb and Peterman won't be available in round 4 - I'll understand using a pick in round 3 on 1 of them. Competition makes everyone better so I have no problem seeing us draft another QB especially considering our volume of injury at the position over the years.

When I heard Kessler's name at the top of round 3, I not only had flash backs to failing potty training 101 - I thought someone at the diner slipped acid in my coffee. It took a while but Canton Mike eventually calmed me down about it over some turbo hot wings.

There were times I found Kessler looking like a pleasant surprise up against my initial expectations. We didn't exactly equip him with the Dallas offensive line or with an experienced Dez Bryant on the perimeter or a forever reliable TE like Jason Witten (not to be confused with a 31 year old 1 year wonder) to know whether or not improvement will ever be possible.

Is the reason that Dak Prescott had a far better rookie season than Troy Aikman did in Dallas because he's a way better QB or because he inherited a much better situation early on? Aikman went 0-11 (with at least 2 concussions from holding onto the ball too long just against Philly) throwing 9 TDs to 18 INTs so let's understand some rookie learning curves and situations are more reasonable than others. And yet, there were a number of Dallas fans that wanted to go immediately from "once upon a time" to a very sad "the end" with Aikman in favor of Steve Walsh. They probably would have done it for a very wasted Joe Walsh. Kessler wasn't the only QB getting killed here last year counting on 2 first year starters at WR with a protection up front often missing Bitonio and Greco. Whitehurst didn't even get the cup of coffee he ordered before he was delivered the snap, crackle, pop welcome to IR.

I don't see a huge difference between Dobbs and that of Trubisky/Watson so I'd rather have us go BPA in the first few rounds. I want more sudden impact in this draft particularly in the rounds it's more available. Now, if there is a run on QBs to the extent Dobbs, Webb and Peterman won't be available in round 4 - I'll understand using a pick in round 3 on 1 of them. Competition makes everyone better so I have no problem seeing us draft another QB especially considering our volume of injury at the position over the years.

Tom, let's hope I don't have to calm you down again this year. LOL

I just wish some of these folks would cease accepting rumors as fact during this 2 week "silly season" before the actual draft.

Mike

Not sure I want to know, but who does your brother want us to take at #1?

Please don't say Garrett... Please don't say Garrett... Please, anyone, but Garrett... Please don't say Garrett...

lol! Being a Rams fan, he probably wants us to take a punter.

And who was the only team Cleveland beat? Bosa's Chargers, who ranked 29th in points allowed.

t?

And that reflects on bosa how? U did catch he had 10.5 savks in 12 games right? U did see how in his very first start he stonewalled donald penn at the point on a tfl right? But who wants that here? Not i.

And that reflects on bosa how? U did catch he had 10.5 savks in 12 games right? U did see how in his very first start he stonewalled donald penn at the point on a tfl right? But who wants that here? Not i.

Not only did I catch it - I read all 200 reminders of it by you aside from the 50 or so I might have missed. My bad on the presentation/context of SD ranking 29th out of 32 teams in points allowed. It was not meant to say it was Bosa's fault as much as it was intended to illustrate how much 1 guy on an 11 man defense can change everything in the rookie year regardless of how well he plays if there isn't much talent around him. He had a great game against us and yet the 1 man show on defense couldn't even top a bad team like Cleveland.

In Cleveland, I think we actually have some good players in all 3 tiers of defense today (such as Haden, Collins, Kirksey, Shelton, Des Bryant) if we can add a dimension like Myles Garrett. I'd love to finally evaluate what we have in the secondary with a more reasonable pass rush

That was good smart ass at the end. Now can we finally get your nose out of Bosa's dirty jock strap at least part time Clevsies?

Not only did I catch it - I read all 200 reminders of it by you aside from the 50 or so I might have missed. My bad on the presentation/context of SD ranking 29th out of 32 teams in points allowed. It was not meant to say it was Bosa's fault as much as it was intended to illustrate how much 1 guy on an 11 man defense can change everything in the rookie year regardless of how well he plays if there isn't much talent around him. He had a great game against us and yet the 1 man show on defense couldn't even top a bad team like Cleveland.

In Cleveland, I think we actually have some good players in all 3 tiers of defense today (such as Haden, Collins, Kirksey, Shelton, Des Bryant) if we can add a dimension like Myles Garrett. I'd love to finally evaluate what we have in the secondary with a more reasonable pass rush

That was good smart ass at the end. Now can we finally get your nose out of Bosa's dirty jock strap at least part time Clevsies?

Don't forget "Horton is now a who? & Williams is the new". That'll make a difference too.

Mike

One of the reasons I posted the 2018 mock draft was to show how deep it is in the 1st round with safeties and cornerbacks. That along with this year's safety heavy draft should fill any need that is actually there if we still show a secondary weakness with the time for QBs to throw cut in half or better. No more of these 5-7 second passing plays against us if we really load up on QB pressure players to go with who we already have on the team.

lol! Being a Rams fan, he probably wants us to take a punter.

Whew... I'll take it... and run.

I used to use the scene with the gladiatorial reenactment in the Colosseum (the battle where Crowe & Co. were supposed to lose bigly to the folks in the chariots with the bows and arrows, but pulled off the upset) as the basis for a team building exercise.

Had more than a little success using it, too. So the movie was not a complete waste.

Now can we finally get your nose out of Bosa's dirty jock strap at least part time Clevsies? Flugels

ROF,L ! once that the jock strap sniffing happens, seems like there isn't

any hope for Clevsies to see the light.

Like old Sheply and Matt Leinart, to name just one. The Browns don't need just one or two

picks, they needed to trade down. That is how you build a team.

they needed to trade down. That is how you build a team.

or......It's a good way to turn great into average times 2......nothin like a roster FULL of average....

Speaking of "times 2"....thats how many Pro-bowl births were awarded to Bosa and Elliott in their first season....

Coleman?.....hahahahaha

Hey....with the #12 this year, we might actually draft a winner(might)......and if he makes the Pro bowl.....we will then only be 3 Pro Bowls behind in year 2........

You guys are pussies. You don't pick a guy because everyone else says he is worthy of the place you are picking him at. You pick the guy you need. If your need is a LT and you don't need anything else, you take the best LT at #1, even if some ass fuck analyst has him at #15 talent wise. Idiots.

Hue Jackson does not want Garret. I guarantee you, he doesn't want Garrett and will fight tooth and nail not to take him. Garrett will not make an impact on the W/L columns. Hue squandered his hall pass, and Year 2? It IS ALL about winning. Hue's nuts are in a vise. He won't make it to the second half if he goes 0-7.

Like it or not, he needs a QB. Trubisky IS the pick. He won't be on the board at 12. Watson is Hue's guy. Another RGIII/Black Tarkenton

What the fuck are you even spewing on about. You say Garrett isn't Hue's pick so I'm assuming you are saying Trubisky is his pick at one but then two sentences later day Watson is his guy cause he is a black tarkenton but I'm assuming you mean at 12 since you just talked about how Mitchell won't make it that far. So who exactly is hue's number 1 pick or do you just throw a bunch of shit at the wall so when one of those things happens you can say "see the all knowing Ghoolie was right again." I know you like Trubisky but as far as I'm concerned your track record with qbs (cough Paxton lynch cough) you don't know jack shit about qbs.

... then two sentences later day Watson is his guy cause he is a black tarkenton but I'm assuming you mean at 12 since you just talked about how Mitchell won't make it that far.

I think M2P just snagged one...

Now can we finally get your nose out of Bosa's dirty jock strap at least part time Clevsies? Flugels

ROF,L ! once that the jock strap sniffing happens, seems like there isn't

any hope for Clevsies to see the light.

Like old Sheply and Matt Leinart, to name just one. The Browns don't need just one or two

picks, they needed to trade down. That is how you build a team.

Like we built one last year with all them great picks? We need to pick no. 1 and not trade it.

Look at what ur asking. Does ur wife want to stop fidgeting with dildos? Ofc not. Some people just cant give certain things up?

I kid i kid, but ghoolie did have me rolling our with that one. Do u guys personally know each other?

I kid i kid, but ghoolie did have me rolling our with that one. Do u guys personally know each other?

You're fine. I busted your balls and you gave it right back. Ghoolie and I have never met but we've enjoyed breaking out the cyber mallets on each other over the years.

You're fine. I busted your balls and you gave it right back. Ghoolie and I have never met but we've enjoyed breaking out the cyber mallets on each other over the years.

Hehe. Ok but srsly back on topic.....I understand ur point that one guy can't turn a defense around. But by that token do you ever take a Bosa or a Garrett? My nose isn't in bosa's jockstrap cause I'm an OSU homer, he could have gone to Michigan for all I care and I still would have wanted him precisely for what he did to Donald Penn in his very first start. I dream of a Browns front 4 with two earth movers in the middle and a combination power edge rusher on one side with a more speed guy in the middle......add to that a sneaky blitzing OLB'er and I can now jerk off all over myself. The two middle guys collapse the front pocket, the power edge guy further eliminates the step up and the speed guy eliminates the flush out. And everybody holds up well at the point. That is why I've been clamoring for guys like Mack, Bosa and Garett.

Each one by themselves of course means fuck all. For the past couple years you could have had JJ Watt on this defense and it wouldn't have amounted to much cause they'd just roll away from him and nobody else on the team would have made teams pay for that. That's why you build through the draft. At the beginning yes you need to trade back and build pieces around what you hope to be sure fire blue chip picks in the future that have a good supporting cast. I feel we "might" have that now with ogbah and Nassib rotating in with Garett. I really do feel that with Garett we might have the makings of an elite front 7 because we also have a potentially very good OLB'er corp with Collins and hopefully Schoberts made strides. I feel like we have the pieces to surround Garett and he puts the defense over the top in a year or two when he and the rookies from last year are fully matured.

I understand the need for a QB but I won't budge from my assessment that you have to build a competent o line first. The O lines of the past couple years were just unacceptable and you can't put a rookie out there behind that kind of incompetence.

Hehe. Ok but srsly back on topic.....I understand ur point that one guy can't turn a defense around. But by that token do you ever take a Bosa or a Garrett? My nose isn't in bosa's jockstrap cause I'm an OSU homer, he could have gone to Michigan for all I care and I still would have wanted him precisely for what he did to Donald Penn in his very first start. I dream of a Browns front 4 with two earth movers in the middle and a combination power edge rusher on one side with a more speed guy in the middle......add to that a sneaky blitzing OLB'er and I can now jerk off all over myself. The two middle guys collapse the front pocket, the power edge guy further eliminates the step up and the speed guy eliminates the flush out. And everybody holds up well at the point. That is why I've been clamoring for guys like Mack, Bosa and Garett.

Each one by themselves of course means fuck all. For the past couple years you could have had JJ Watt on this defense and it wouldn't have amounted to much cause they'd just roll away from him and nobody else on the team would have made teams pay for that. That's why you build through the draft. At the beginning yes you need to trade back and build pieces around what you hope to be sure fire blue chip picks in the future that have a good supporting cast. I feel we "might" have that now with ogbah and Nassib rotating in with Garett. I really do feel that with Garett we might have the makings of an elite front 7 because we also have a potentially very good OLB'er corp with Collins and hopefully Schoberts made strides. I feel like we have the pieces to surround Garett and he puts the defense over the top in a year or two when he and the rookies from last year are fully matured.

I understand the need for a QB but I won't budge from my assessment that you have to build a competent o line first. The O lines of the past couple years were just unacceptable and you can't put a rookie out there behind that kind of incompetence.

We need the Garrett pick to be a win. We also need Kirsey to be even better then he has been. With him and Collins, there needs to be some feared lb play. That 12 pick has to be a db for the future. Haden has been an afterthoughtfor 2 years now. We have to build a db back field that wont get smoked so often.

I think M2P just snagged one...

Meaning what? I just don't follow what ghoolie is saying. The original topic is debating whether Garrett or Trubisky is Hue's guy at number one? He says it isn't Garrett so I'm assuming that relating to the topic he is saying Trubisky is his guy. But then one sentence later after talking about Trubisky not falling to 12 he says Watson is his guy. So either he is saying we are taking watson at one or he is saying since Garrett isn't hue's guy it must be Trubisky at one and then Watson aka "black tarkenton" at 12. Lol

I assume you meant that I took mitch2pryors mock ghoolie draft as a ghoolie post which I didn't I was simply trying to follow ghoolies post in this thread.

I never said jack shit about Trubisky. Hue is going influence the FO to take Black Tarkenton at 12. They will take him to appease Hue and let him hang himself. Hue is dumb enough to take Watson at #1. THAT is who the guy would take if HE had his choice. If someone takes Watson before 12, Hue will shit his pants on camera.

So who is his guy at one since you said Garrett wasn't?

It will make no difference at all. Hue Jackson creates the defense, The DC simply carries out the HC's orders. Williams will be no better than Hues last Anal Access.

You simply don't understand a good coffee fetching system :excl: Since our teams return the GM's buys the Grocery's..Fire Him!! not the coaches with the rotten goods.(RGtark was not the worst QB of all last season).Hue & Williams may have to agree on a defensive system.Our problem IS Draft That damn System a quit making them what they are not.(look up Andrew Berry's job here) Williams will not let them pussy foot their way thru it.Hue fired his own wussy (look at his DC choices at hire)..it's a defensive draft, give it a homo's(#just4U) chance? #Throwyourdarts at the right people..

Archived