THE BROWNS BOARD

If it really is Hue thats pushing for Trubisky....

Clevfan4life

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And garett goes somewhere else and gets 8-9 or more sacks, and trubiskys still on the bench by years end........bye hue, hi coach williams

First, FIFY...

What makes you think Williams wouldn't quit as well? The guy who came here to work with Hue... and have the best shot at Garrett?

Who can you see possibly pushing harder for Garrett than Williams?

First, FIFY...

What makes you think Williams wouldn't quit as well? The guy who came here to work with Hue... and have the best shot at Garrett?

Who can you see possibly pushing harder for Garrett than Williams?

We dont know how much williams wants garett. Im "assuming" he's high on him but we dont know what goes on behind closed doors.

My concern with trubs at 1 is the astrinomical expectations that will be heaped on him mot just from clevrland fans but the whole league. The league will have a microscope on him moreso than usual #1's because of who the browns passed on. We'll have more or less no choice but to start trubisky right away and that already has me reaching for a strong shot of whiskey.

nonsense. I can't see them drafting a qb at one, (I'm a big Trubisky fan)... when they can draft

an immediate impact defensive player that will make the rest of the division cry.

nonsense. I can't see them drafting a qb at one, (I'm a big Trubisky fan)... when they can draft

an immediate impact defensive player that will make the rest of the division cry.

It is the Browns tho remember ....31 other teams would do the right and sensible thing but we support an organization that rarely does the right thing

They traded out of mack and bosa dont forget. If we had those two guys no FA qb would dare sign with a north team cause he'd have to see them twice a year

to be fair if Trubisky goes on to be Brady NOBODY will care how many sacks Garrett gets. If both players turn out to be Elite Players then missing on Trubisky is exponentially worse than missing on Garrett. Thats just the nature of the two positions though.

To be fair its

Trubisky Elite, Garret Elite ~ Browns Miss

Trubisky Elite, Garret Bust ~ Browns Miss
Trubisky Bust, Garret Bust ~ Browns Miss
Trubisky Bust, Garret Elite ~ Browns Win

You could also make the arguement for Trubisky Good, Garret Elite ~ Browns Miss

Trubisky and elite? no comprende...

CDS... do me a favor... put a percentage on the chance you see for each becoming "elite"...

... to start trubisky right away and that already has me reaching for a strong shot of whiskey.

Hey... as long as it's good whisky... slainte mhath...

They traded out of mack and bosa dont forget. If we had those two guys no FA qb would dare sign with a north team cause he'd have to see them twice a year

It isn't "they". Different coaches, etc, did the mack thing, which was a huge mistake, then they blew the picks.

Their draft critieria was ignorant. Mack was in 2014. Hue and co. weren't here then. Last year, I didn't want Bosa anyways,

I wanted them to trade down. I like the players they got instead, and the second 1st rnd pick this year.

And garett goes somewhere else and gets 8-9 or more sacks, and trubiskys on the bench by years end........bye hue, hi coach williams

Or, they draft Barnett, or Williams or some other edge rusher and perhaps they have a better year/career than Garret.

Again, while most say he seems to be the best prospect at that position, there are other quality DE's/edge rushers that are supposed to be available in this draft.

Being so Chicken Little about this is not becoming.

Boy, the more the media and the fans proclaim Garrett as a sure fire, can't miss future HoF inductee, the more scared I get..... It reminds me of when my brother went on and on about how great of a movie Gladiator was, and then 3 mind numbing hours into it, I wanted to strangle him.

I'm having visions of Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Phil Taylor, Kam Wimbley and Suckevious Mingo all holding hands, singing "We are the busts" while they smile like the Joker, and flip us the bird.

..bye hue, hi coach williams

We'll have more or less no choice but to start trubisky right away and that already has me reaching for a strong shot of whiskey.

Garett will have to suck for people to forget about trubisky.

They traded out of mack and bosa dont forget.

but allen was the only front 4 prospect that shows tape with garett.

Clev, there was never a IF on who Hue wants. It's been Garrett. regardless of what one Jet homo tweeted. Even MKC got it right. a whole lot of they ^^will disagree here

Yeah i heard today that now it hue that wants garett. So naybe its the front office tgat wants trubs. I dunno but this is getting on my nerves. Exactly why i just wanted them to say "its garett" weeks ago.

Standing at the very top of the board comes with many strategic gamesmanship games. With our luck it does not include a Luck or Mariota at QB :mad:.So lets make a distraction to maybe see somebodies cards. Just before distraction Lynch at 49'ers showed interest in moving out of 2 at a price. Than the Jets twitched also. Bears are not buying any of it. All the sudden we tell the world Trib maybe off the board. The fun of this part of the season? is watch what we do. Than watch the other team forums :D It's a riot. Let's just say If 2 or more QB's come off board before #12, just think of the talent that may fall in our hands at 12..These Harvard moneyballers know a little bout playing hardball too..Hang in there, were not trading out of one. but were going to have some fun with it :). setting up 12 or higher

Just to be Devil's Advocate here, what if the first 11 look like this? Who would you then take of the remainder @ 12 and 33? Assume that Hooker goes to the Cards if you don't take him and Mahomes is still on the board @33. Keep everyone else the same. Would you trade down from 12 and/or up from 33 for anyone?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799773/article/chad-reuter-6round-mock-draft-browns-take-trubisky-no-1

I would trade down about 3 slots and if Barnett, McKinley and Willis are still there, I'd trade down again about 2-3 and take whichever one is left. I see them all about equal. Then I try to trade up with some of that new ammunition for BPA to around 18-20. If Miami's TE is there, take him in a NY minute. I wait on the safeties for two reasons, there are a ton in this draft and even more in next year's. Take a look at all the safeties and CBs in 2018 first round. Add Texas A&M CB convert to Safety Donovan Wilson who will be the better hitter of the two from A&M.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie_1.php

Just to be Devil's Advocate here, what if the first 11 look like this? Who would you then take of the remainder @ 12 and 33? Assume that Hooker goes to the Cards if you don't take him and Mahomes is still on the board @33. Keep everyone else the same. Would you trade down from 12 and/or up from 33 for anyone?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799773/article/chad-reuter-6round-mock-draft-browns-take-trubisky-no-1

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie_1.php

First Ag, I love how a lot of these mock guys forget a guy like CB Gareon Conley in a now passing NFL game, than try to slip them in at #39 :wacko:. I truly hope our FO see's the position. Than the draft depth at such position. Your not going to find another play maker in Foster in a slimmer down pool of LB's Vs. A Hooker in a slim down field at S too. But your chances of overall depth at CB & S lasting to 33 maybe in your favor.our ammo could move us up from 33 also. The only position I look forward to see next season is always QB. It always ends with a "far to many variables to This season for both"

And who was the only team Cleveland beat? Bosa's Chargers, who ranked 29th in points allowed.

As I said in another thread, the only 2 first round picks from the 2014 draft that are unemployed in the NFL today are Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel. That major land mine came from Fanny Farmer or Farmer's Fanny...

As for the 2014 draft, which team got rewarded most for not reaching on a QB? The Raiders. Yes, the same team that was always drafting right near us until they found the right edge rusher in round 1 and QB in round 2. In essence, they let the draft fall to them.

Here's some previous QBs we've traded up for and please me at our very first BINGO here:

1970 Mike Phipps #3 overall (lost HOF WR Paul Warfield to the Dolphins destined to go undefeated in 72 when his speed over the top prevented defenses from loading the box to stop Csonka,Kiick and Morris)

2007 Brady Quinn at #22 overall (lost our 1st round pick in 2008 and didn't end up drafting until round 4 in a draft volume that netted 1 keeper Ahtyba Rubin. Meanwhile, DA became the QB that threw 29 TD passes in our 10-6 season before the shit hit the fans in 2008.

2012 Brandon Weeden at #22 was one of the picks we got in exchange for Atlanta's rights to Julio Jones in 2011.

2014 Johnny Manziel at #22 in order to give Philly our #26 and #83 overall.

Sticking with my theme of not reaching on a QB pov, the team that was rewarded best for their QB selection in 2016 was the Dallas Cowboys with Dak Prescott.

In a year where countless well paid Draft Analysts and NFL scouts have called this entire QB class a bunch of projects, the highest rated player (also making him BPA) is Myles Garrett. Meanwhile, how much difference is there from 1 QB project to the next? We'll get one of the projects to join last year's project (Kessler). How do we know a Peterman is any better than the reason (Josh Dobbs) he needed to transfer to Pitt over? Along the same line, do we really know Trubisky is any better than Josh Dobbs when he couldn't ever start over a lesser QB than Dobbs at NC? I like Trubisky but not anywhere near #1 or the need to trade up from #12. I've been wrong before though...

I've just never seen knee jerking up for a QB benefit us so can someone assure me why THIS is the year to be confident in that?

And garett goes somewhere else and gets 8-9 or more sacks, and trubiskys on the bench by years end........bye hue, hi coach williams

The good news(I think?) is that this FO does not give a shit what Hue wants.....they're not on the same page....at all.....

Trubisky and elite? no comprende...

Eggs actlee.....Ive not heard those 2 words in the same sentence....ever......(Trubs & Elite)

I like the players they got instead, and the second 1st rnd pick this year.

Right.....Corey Coleman makes it easy to forget about Bosa, Wentz and Elliot.......he owned the league, whilst the other schmucks were just schmucks.....right?

Boy, the more the media and the fans proclaim Garrett as a sure fire, can't miss future HoF inductee, the more scared I get.....

I'm having visions of Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Phil Taylor, Kam Wimbley and Suckevious Mingo all holding hands, singing "We are the busts" while they smile like the Joker, and flip us the bird.

Ive never heard anyone call Garrett a sure fire, cant miss future HOFer,,,,just hear that he's the best prospect available.....(U got a better one that passes the sniff test?)

Hey, I was there and can assure you that those guys(Wimbley, Taylor, Warren and Mingo) were NOWHERE near the prospect that Garret is and no one said they were......

Courtney Brown was....but injuries happen and are unpredictable.....cant pass on a draft choice cause he might someday get hurt.....that can/does happen to the best of them....

And, even Courtney Brown had some bigger questions......why?.....Lavar Arrington.....no one knew if it was Arrington or Brown who was the superstar....or if one made the other better.....coin flip......

.... that would be best case scenario. Get some extra picks and still get Garrett.

Or get burned......lose Garrett.....then act like it was the plan......(we've seen that before with this group)

I've just never seen knee jerking up for a QB benefit us so can someone assure me why THIS is the year to be confident in that?

Right....which has been my battle cry all along.....if he's THE GUY....take him......but STOP burning high picks on your second choice(who CLEARLY ISNT THE GUY).....

Last year I ranted about Kessler and WASTING a 3rd rounder on a backup.....and sooooooooooo many people said it was a good pick and he wasnt meant to be BU, etc.....and my bottom line was this: IF we are talking QB in the first round(this year), then it was a wasted pick(coulda tapped a BU later.....or ftm, a starter)....

And....we are talking QB in the first.....and QB as a top priority.....so, to me, last years rant has been justified......wasted a third...

Bottom line.....if this FO blows the draft and overspends AGAIN on a shit QB(one year after passing on Wentz and Prescott).....then every last one of them should be burned at the stake and have their ashes fed to pigs.....

And for the OP......Hue will not be the reason....cause Shashi aint listening to no coaches.....and last years cuts(along with Hues comments) pretty much back that up.....Hue coaches Hue he is given....thats it....

Yeah i heard today that now it hue that wants garett. So naybe its the front office tgat wants trubs. I dunno but this is getting on my nerves. Exactly why i just wanted them to say "its garett" weeks ago.

Right, Mary Kay Cabot says that it is Hue that is pushing for Garrett, and other FO people pushing for Trubisky.

I think this just goes to show that you cannot believe any rumors floating about at this time. And one thing for sure is that you cannot think there is any reliability to what Mary Kay reports. Even if she turns out right, it is probably just by coincidence, not be solid knowledge.

Right, Mary Kay Cabot says that it is Hue that is pushing for Garrett, and other FO people pushing for Trubisky.

Well.....if that is true.....it's gonna be Trubs.....cause the FO wins.....

Of course.....with a consensus needed to draft someone(cause there is NO one person who decides)....then #1 may be someone totally different?......is there someone they ALL can agree on?......

Doubt it......hence.....someone must make a pick.....

Ive never heard anyone call Garrett a sure fire, cant miss future HOFer,,,,just hear that he's the best prospect available.....(U got a better one that passes the sniff test?)

Hey, I was there and can assure you that those guys(Wimbley, Taylor, Warren and Mingo) were NOWHERE near the prospect that Garret is and no one said they were......

Courtney Brown was....but injuries happen and are unpredictable.....cant pass on a draft choice cause he might someday get hurt.....that can/does happen to the best of them....

And, even Courtney Brown had some bigger questions......why?.....Lavar Arrington.....no one knew if it was Arrington or Brown who was the superstar....or if one made the other better.....coin flip......

I just don't see him as the franchise changer that most here think he will be. What passes my sniff test? Well, most will hate it, but I would like to see us trade back to around 6-8 and still add a Blue Chip/immediate starter, plus another probable/possible starter with whatever pick(s) we got for the trade.

The dike still has way too many holes in it and needs quality patches everywhere.

I just don't see him as the franchise changer that most here think he will be. What passes my sniff test? Well, most will hate it, but I would like to see us trade back to around 6-8 and still add a Blue Chip/immediate starter, plus another probable/possible starter with whatever pick(s) we got for the trade.

The dike still has way too many holes in it and needs quality patches everywhere.

Right....and agree that many wouldnt agree...

Clearly...it is the exact plan that this team has used repeatedly.....and unsuccessfully.....to draft 2 average to below average players, whilst passing on instant impact players and stars....

We need impact players and are in position to get them annually.....we gotta start drafting some of them sooner or later...

Right....and agree that many wouldnt agree...

Clearly...it is the exact plan that this team has used repeatedly.....and unsuccessfully.....to draft 2 average to below average players, whilst passing on instant impact players and stars....

We need impact players and are in position to get them annually.....we gotta start drafting some of them sooner or later...

It doesn't matter where you pick - it matters who you pick.

Archived