THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign LB Jamie Collins

Zombo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is, Pocic is the only remotely starter-quality C this year. Elf is really not good.

Tyler Orlovsky is apparently in the second tier of centers in this draft, and is at the senior bowl, albeit on the north team - but I would well imagine when our guys are done coaching they don't just clock out for the day and grab a cold one, but go watch the north squad.

I'm thinking Austin Reiter at Center and Shon Coleman at right tackle is the future. Saw some nastiness in both of them.

You are not as dumb as you look...

Add in Paz at RG and you are there.

I'm thinking Austin Reiter at Center and Shon Coleman at right tackle is the future. Saw some nastiness in both of them.

Zombo

Shon Coleman SHOULD be the man at that spot. But he has to do it. And Reiter should/could be in the mix. But I still think an OC or RT could be in the cards in like round 2.

The guy to want is Ryan Ramczyk, but I don't think you want him at #12, and I don't think he will be around at #33.

If you're feeling brave, you could go into 2017 with Reiter and Greco competing for the starting spot at C. Then you can spend #33/#50 on another position. QB could go anywhere, but top 5 picks could be DE, Safety, CB, DT, QB in some order and I'm cool with that.

Shon Coleman SHOULD be the man at that spot. But he has to do it. And Reiter should/could be in the mix. But I still think an OC or RT could be in the cards in like round 2.

The guy to want is Ryan Ramczyk, but I don't think you want him at #12, and I don't think he will be around at #33.

I don't think we need to use one of our top three picks on an OL, they should be used for playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Coleman was a guy that fit right into what we were doing as an organization, Terrific prospect, but he needed to "redshirt" for a year, when he finally played at the end of the year he looked to have the size, strength and instincts, I expect him to be #1 on the depth chart at RT this year, and I think we are on to something there.

If Greco comes back, he gives the versatility to give us a plan at Center if Reiter doesn't work out. Drango is a guy that got a lot of playing time, and looks like he has a future as an NFL starter.

Sure, keep bringing in the talent, but not on Day one, I think we are going to bear some fruit from the young guys that we had on the roster last year.

Zombo

--BTW Here is Joe Thomas out there with with Drango, Fabiano, Pasztor and Coleman ... and great trap blocking and hustling by all

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Isaiah-Crowell-weaves-through-Pittsburgh-defense-on-67-yard-run/128af06d-56c2-439f-af50-f8d84d71a9be

I don't think we need to use one of our top three picks on an OL, they should be used for playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Coleman was a guy that fit right into what we were doing as an organization, Terrific prospect, but he needed to "redshirt" for a year, when he finally played at the end of the year he looked to have the size, strength and instincts, I expect him to be #1 on the depth chart at RT this year, and I think we are on to something there.

If Greco comes back, he gives the versatility to give us a plan at Center if Reiter doesn't work out. Drango is a guy that got a lot of playing time, and looks like he has a future as an NFL starter.

Sure, keep bringing in the talent, but not on Day one, I think we are going to bear some fruit from the young guys that we had on the roster last year.

Zombo

--BTW Here is Joe Thomas out there with with Drango, Fabiano, Pasztor and Coleman ... and great trap blocking and hustling by all

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Isaiah-Crowell-weaves-through-Pittsburgh-defense-on-67-yard-run/128af06d-56c2-439f-af50-f8d84d71a9be

What about that 4th pick #52? An Elflein or Orlovsky there? I think you are right likely, RG and RT may be able to be manned properly with the guys you mention.....but OC? Yes, we have Reiter/Erving. Reiter played what? One game? Impossible to tell with him. With Erving, it is certainly possible. He sucks.

Orlovsky could perhaps be had in round 3. Behind him you would have to look at a longshot in say the 5th round.

What about that 4th pick #52? An Elflein or Orlovsky there? I think you are right likely, RG and RT may be able to be manned properly with the guys you mention.....but OC? Yes, we have Reiter/Erving. Reiter played what? One game? Impossible to tell with him. With Erving, it is certainly possible. He sucks.

Orlovsky could perhaps be had in round 3. Behind him you would have to look at a longshot in say the 5th round.

I don't know any of these prospects, but yes, Erving sucks and the third and fourth rounds are good spots to mine linemen.

Zombo

I don't know any of these prospects, but yes, Erving sucks and the third and fourth rounds are good spots to mine linemen.

Zombo

Well, most rankers list Pocic of LSU, Elflein of Ohio State....and Orlovsky WVa. as the top OCs. The only ones rated in Top 100 overall prospects.

But, Pocic is 6'6 more OT size than OC size. Elflein is 6'2, Orlovsky 6'3.

If you're feeling brave, you could go into 2017 with Reiter and Greco competing for the starting spot at C. Then you can spend #33/#50 on another position. QB could go anywhere, but top 5 picks could be DE, Safety, CB, DT, QB in some order and I'm cool with that.

I am... and don't forget Fabs in the mix at C.

Ding ding ding...

We go into the off-season with two OTs (JT, Shon), two OGs (Bito,Paz), two C candidates (Reiter/Fabs) plus a third rehabbing in the wings (Greco) with two swing-men in Paz and Drango and then there's the Camster...

Want insurance? Take Dawkins who is Bito 2.0 and can slide outside in a pinch... as can Bito still do come to think of it. He'll be the North's LG tomorrow.

+1 for the Browns inking Collins.....thought he was a great add and (really) wanted to see him get signed.....

I expect to see him lined up all over the place....and hopefully.....get used by Williams as an impact player....

Now.....go sign & draft some more good ones.....

+1 for the Browns inking Collins.....thought he was a great add and (really) wanted to see him get signed.....

I expect to see him lined up all over the place....and hopefully.....get used by Williams as an impact player....

Now.....go sign & draft some more good ones.....

I agree Mud and if I see 3 of our top 4 picks go to the D, I will be elated about the Browns going forward.

• 2 months later...

Short piece on Collins' decision to sign with us...

"The decision to me coming back, the main was reason was because of Hue," Collins said. "We can say money, but talking to Hue, I like him a lot. He's a good dude."

"Good people don't come too often and when they do, you've got to keep them in your corner," Collins said.

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Jamie-Collins-opens-up-on-why-he-stayed-in-Cleveland-Good-people-dont-come-too-often/3adc3547-1766-4223-9e3c-963e8976153d

Archived