THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns A Candidate For Home Box Office's "Hard Knocks"

BrownsDawgPound

Hi. Browns fans. I just heard on The Jim Rome Show that Home Box Office will need an NFL team to film and tape for their "Hard Knocks" sportsumentary series this year, Usually HBO selects an NFL team that was a non-playoff team, but also an NFL team that had yet to appear in "Hard Knocks." Hopefully with someone luck, HBO does not select the Browns to film them through the draft, OTA's, training camp, and follow the players and staff in their everyday lives off the field, No Browns on HBO,

It could well happen. Other non-playoff teams that might be interesting basically all have new head coaches. Maybe the Jets? Can't see the bears being interesting. Colts I guess. Cards just did a whole year of the amazon show.

Please, Lord, no... not 2017... simply too important, too pivotal to inject reality TV into the mix.

Agreed. I'm getting sick of all this reality shit. Let these guys learn & play the game & the hell with the theatrics.

Mike

Please, Lord, no... not 2017... simply too important, too pivotal to inject reality TV into the mix.

No this could work out really well. Think about the ratings when JM comes back out of rehab. one week, beats out the other QB's during the rest of the shows and then leads the Browns to the Playoffs.

Edit: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No this could work out really well. Think about the ratings when JM comes back out of rehab. one week, beats out the other QB's during the rest of the shows and then leads the Browns to the Playoffs.

Edit: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Passing to Josh Gordon....

• 3 weeks later...

Revived this thread to handicap the options HBO has to "draft" a team...

Here are the eight NFL teams eligible for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' in 2017

• Cleveland Browns
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Chicago Bears
  • New Orleans Saints
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/here-are-the-eight-nfl-teams-eligible-for-hbos-hard-knocks-in-2017/

A few initial thoughts...

• TV market size would favor Bears and Iggles.
  • Iggles have added interest in the form of Wentz.
  • Titans have the "team-on-the-rise" look that's attractive.
  • Browns have the owner looking to rekindle fan interest factor, one of the more charismatic HCs and a dynamic, cussing DC who links this coming and the prior season's shows.

I've got a bad feeling about this...

I'd forgotten they were on hard knocks last year - there's presumably a lot of video of Williams interacting with his players there. Might have to re-watch what was by far the least entertaining series of hard knocks I've seen.

I'd forgotten they were on hard knocks last year - there's presumably a lot of video of Williams interacting with his players there. Might have to re-watch what was by far the least entertaining series of hard knocks I've seen.

Wouldn't say "a lot"...

I remember a clip a week or so of him cussing the shit out of his D room... and not much else.

But then we've already established the state of my short-term memory...

I hope it's the Browns' turn on HK. After a miserable *almost* winless season, full of jokes and ridicule, a look behind the curtain would be just what the organization needs...... If they look inept and disorganized, well then that's on them and they would deserve every ounce of criticism that followed.

However, if they look like they know what they're doing (my guess), then it might just help change the culture from outside the building and all across the country.

I hope it's the Browns' turn on HK. After a miserable *almost* winless season, full of jokes and ridicule, a look behind the curtain would be just what the organization needs...... If they look inept and disorganized, well then that's on them and they would deserve every ounce of criticism that followed.

However, if they look like they know what they're doing (my guess), then it might just help change the culture from outside the building and all across the country.

Can't argue with that reasoning.

Can't argue with that reasoning.

I can... but I've got shit to do... :P

DB actually did raise some positive possibilities, but the one overriding thing might be Hue's resistance. This could well be his make or break season coming up. I could see him imploring Jimmah to not step up this year, but wait for 2018 after our trajectory changes.

Which brings us back to the "HBO draft"... Are we really that attractive compared to each of the other seven candidates?

Hue Jackson wants no part of Hard Knocks this year: 'OMG, I'm not interested in that' ...#Browns won't volunteer

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/01/hue_jackson_wants_no_part_of_h.html

2018 is the year after we follow up 1-15 with 7-9 including a couple big wins that gives us that "team on the rise" designation.

I'm down with that...

The Browns are the most promising contender.

The Browns own the number one overall selection in the draft. Potentially a new franchise QB... or an elite edge rusher... or a generational RB.

The Browns have a lot of charismatic young players.

Josh Gordon and Terrel Pryor. Plus Coleman.

The Browns also have the number twelve selection in the draft. That's two first round rookies to follow.

The Browns had the youngest roster in the NFL and only look to add to their lead with a bounty of draft picks to come.

The smart money is on the Browns to be the show. Draft Day was a killer movie. Hard Knocks is named after the Browns.

I'm with D Bone on this one. Plus I'd rather get it over with this year, when we aren't expected to make the playoffs, instead of next year or the next year etc. when we could possibly (hopefully) compete.

Go ahead and get the distraction over with now basically.

Changing direction is harder than continuing. Let's change in private and continue in public.

As for "aren't expected to"... give it a couple months for the drum beat to build and the one-year turnaround stories to start flying. Reasonableness is not the average Browns' fan's strongest trait.

So where does the Josh Gordon situation stand now?

WSS

My gut says that no matter what he does personally to get himself right, he has played his last down for the Browns.

Yes. FWIW, I probably wouldn't even spend the extra bucks to add HBO to my channel lineup just to watch the farce.

The Browns are the most promising contender.

The Browns own the number one overall selection in the draft. Potentially a new franchise QB... or an elite edge rusher... or a generational RB.

The Browns have a lot of charismatic young players. That went 1-15 last year. Can we re-title it if they get on "The Biggest Losers?"

Josh Gordon and Terrell Pryor. Plus Coleman.

The Browns also have the number twelve selection in the draft. That's two first round rookies to follow.

The Browns had the youngest roster in the NFL and only look to add to their lead with a bounty of draft picks to come.

The smart money is on the Browns to be the show. Draft Day was a killer movie. Hard Knocks is named after the Browns.

That's as much fantasy as Game of Thrones if you expect the Browns to be a contender. Or Gordon being on the roster.

Agreed. I'm getting sick of all this reality shit. Let these guys learn & play the game & the hell with the theatrics.

Mike

Most reality TV is mugging for the camera. For sure, Hue doesn't want to deal with that crap now. He was on HK once so he knows the drill,

So where does the Josh Gordon situation stand now?

WSS

Officially in limbo Steve. The Browns still own his rights- but if the reports are right, he's worn out his exclusive rights with the Browns. It will cost the Browns at least $1.6 million to keep him hanging around in the unlikely event he actually plays this year. More if they offer second or first round tenders on him- which IMHO no team in their right mind is going to cough up that high a draft pick to claim him.

My gut says that no matter what he does personally to get himself right, he has played his last down for the Browns.

Odds are certainly in your gut's favor.

Best I can glean is that Josh is still on indefinite suspension from the NFL, spent a whopping two weeks in rehab, and has dropped out of sight.

Archived