THE BROWNS BOARD

Study - Children From Same Sex Homes Have Lower Income And Poorer Mental/physical Health

calfoxwc

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the corneyist shit I've ever seen. I forgot I am talking to someone who likes Britney Spears.

Actually that's a good point.

I'm not a fan of Spears but she is and has been a very talented young performer since her days on the new mickey mouse club.

Unless one is just a dickhead, one can recognize talent where it exists.

For instance David Beckam is not a shitty athlete just because I don't like soccer.

WSS

Actually that's a good point.

I'm not a fan of Spears but she is and has been a very talented young performer since her days on the new mickey mouse club.

Unless one is just a dickhead, one can recognize talent where it exists.

For instance David Beckam is not a shitty athlete just because I don't like soccer.

WSS

Well if your definition of talent is people writing songs for you, using autotune for all your recordings, lip syncing on stage and spending an hour a day practicing someone else's choreographed dance moves, than I guess your right.

Beckam actually runs.

Well if your definition of talent is people writing songs for you, using autotune for all your recordings, lip syncing on stage and spending an hour a day practicing someone else's choreographed dance moves, than I guess your right.

Beckam actually runs.

As far as I know someone else directed, wrote for and staged lucciano pavarotti.

Same with yo yo ma.

Frank sinatra.

tony bennett mario lanza barbara streisand ella fitzgerald al jarreau.....

George szell and leonard bernstein just directed beethoven etcetra....

mikhail baryshnikov and the entire russian and or new york ballet have choreographers.

and though i have no idea what bands you admire I will bet dollars to dog shit they have professional producers make their stuff sound good in the studio.

Plus mister trololol or what ever his name is recorded that years before auto tune.

WSS

This wouldn't be the subject to argue with Steve on, lol

plus athletes have coaches, trainers, etc

Woodrow my take is this:

even though I usually fall a bit short ( when trying not to be an arrogant asshole) I try to take all forms of music for what they mean to those that love them.

for instance I despise guns n roses.

But if someone is listening to sweet child o mine and is being moved by that music how can it be any less valid then beethoven's ninth?

WSS

As far as I know someone else directed, wrote for and staged lucciano pavarotti.

Same with yo yo ma.

Frank sinatra.

tony bennett mario lanza barbara streisand ella fitzgerald al jarreau.....

George szell and leonard bernstein just directed beethoven etcetra....

mikhail baryshnikov and the entire russian and or new york ballet have choreographers.

and though i have no idea what bands you admire I will bet dollars to dog shit they have professional producers make their stuff sound good in the studio.

Plus mister trololol or what ever his name is recorded that years before auto tune.

WSS

Steve recording is another beast, it's a little hard to hit record and run over to the mic and mix properly at the same time. None of the people above I admire in the slightest.

And Woody, this ain't my first rodeo.

I used to fill in for this band in Denver, the drummer was so loud he fucked up my hearing for life in 3 months. 250,000 records sold on Touch and Go (Urge Overkill and a one time Nirvana label) and they hauled their own shit. Butch Vig is an asshole. Nash Kato is a hell of a dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-atTEfQQdB0

Producers, dude.

Engineers are usually the guys that turn that stuff on and off.

Producers usually slice, dice, rearrange and bring in other players after the band goes home to put on the buzz.

And I stand by my opinnion of good art being what moves someone.

But that mule song is so ugly sounding shit.

IMO.

WSS

Steve recording is another beast, it's a little hard to hit record and run over to the mic and mix properly at the same time. None of the people above I admire in the slightest.

And Woody, this ain't my first rodeo.

I used to fill in for this band in Denver, the drummer was so loud he fucked up my hearing for life in 3 months. 250,000 records sold on Touch and Go (Urge Overkill and a one time Nirvana label) and they hauled their own shit. Butch Vig is an asshole. Nash Kato is a hell of a dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-atTEfQQdB0

Ugh. I guess this is why I've never heard if them.

Producers, dude.

Engineers are usually the guys that turn that stuff on and off.

Producers usually slice, dice, rearrange and bring in other players after the band goes home to put on the buzz.

And I stand by my opinnion of good art being what moves someone.

But that mule song is so ugly sounding shit.

IMO.

WSS

I wasn't being literal about the Producer and Engineer thing, I was being facetious. We'll agree to disagree. It is ugly, that's why I like it. I agree it is subjective. IMO the values behind the music is also part of the art, maybe even more important than the actual music.

Steve check these guys out, closest thing to the Beatles today (forgot if you were a Beatles fan). Playing on the fricking Outer Banks in July, can't believe it.

What is there not to believe?

Sure there's some Beatles influence there.

And just a touch of leon russell.

WSS

What is there not to believe?

Sure there's some Beatles influence there.

And just a touch of leon russell.

WSS

Dude do you know how to read? I don't really want to go into how sentence structure's work, but the words "I can't believe" was after the fact they are playing on the Outer Banks, national acts don't make it down here to often.

Dude do you know how to read? I don't really want to go into how sentence structure's work, but the words "I can't believe" was after the fact they are playing on the Outer Banks, national acts don't make it down here to often.

That's exactly what I thought you meant.

You seem a little testy today.

Apparently these guys have been around for 12 years at least.

I'm admittedly a bit out of touch with popular music but they don't seem like mega stars to me.

WSS

That's exactly what I thought you meant.

You seem a little testy today.

Apparently these guys have been around for 12 years at least.

I'm admittedly a bit out of touch with popular music but they don't seem like mega stars to me.

WSS

Yea sorry if I came off as pissy, rough day.

They are sort of big, they sold out Red Rocks with Wilco. I saw them once in Norfolk and was a great show. Even semi-big bands like this are a big deal down here.

Archived