THE BROWNS BOARD

Hello, Roderick... Bye Bye, Cam?

Tour2ma

I think we just drafted the OT that pushed Cam to Center at FSU...

Best Subject Heading of the day.

Here's what Athlon NFL Draft says about their 7th ranked OT and 3rd round prospect on page 88. A starter for two-plus years at left tackle for Florida State, Johnson held down the blindside of one of college football's premier programs. Tall with long arms, he has exceptional length and is a violent, aggressive and precise puncher who can redirect pass rushers. In the run game, he explodes off the line of scrimmage and consistently gets out to the second level to do damage. He seems to take much more pride in the run game, where he plays through the whistle with tremendous physicality.

Heave forbid, but if Joe Thomas ever turns an ankle - we might actually have a decent fill in here. We've been scarier in this scenario.

The kid needs work, Flugs, but who better to mirror than Joe T?

Ditto for S. Coleman

Agreed.

I have 1 draft guide that ranks him 7th and lists him as a 3rd round prospect (Athlon's NFL Draft 2017 page 88), another that ranks him 9th as a 2-3 round prospect (Pro Football Weekly page 42) and another that ranks him 5th with an 8.0 grade in comparison to the #1 sporting an 8.2 grade (Lindy's Pro Football Draft 2017 page 38).

When I say where he is ranked above - it's not at LT it's at OT overall. It looks like he needs his fanny lit sometimes but we couldn't give him a better professional role model to learn from as you alluded to.

McShay called him a "top-heavy leaner" who needs technique work... sounds Cam-ish... maybe it's an FSU thing.

But at 300# he ran a 4.97 forty and OL who run sub-5.0's succeed at a ridiculously good percentage.

Plenty of flaws, but he's raw...

Archived