THE BROWNS BOARD

Division in the Browns over Kizer?

CaineDeSoulis

hate the kizer pick BUT also thought the cowboys picking prescott was whack.

not all of us 'genious' fans know everything about everything, unless of course, you wanna know about pussy..........

just sayin. #'s in da book.

I keep reading that Kizer is "inaccurate", but... he's a career 60.7% passer with a 148 rating and a 2.5:1 TD to INT ratio... and that's after a "bad" 2016 season on a bad team.

And you've had plenty of company in that opinion, Ag...

Compared to the other top QB prospects I think 60% is low. MT and others had about a 69% completion rate. And I know MT had a much better TD to Int. rate....though I don't think that Mahomes...with all the risks he took, nor Watson had a much better TD/Int ratio than Kizer. Perhaps worse even.

Van Broklin was asked what he thought of Tarkenton.................he replied " he's great if you like 3'd and 20" (something very close to that)

Tarkenton was a bitch for the better NFL teams. He played in a weak part of the league which put the Vikings in championship games automatically. In those games, the ones that matter, he was a fucking catastrophe. Did he pass for a lot of touchdowns and yards? Yep. SO did his superior, Vinny Testeverde. So I guess Vinny is going to the HOF too? Tarkento was so goof, the Vikings traded him to the Giants, who then got sick of his shit and sent him back to the Vikings.

Finally, when the Vikings were rid of him, when Joe Capp started, the VIkings finally won a championship.

Uh no. For accuracy sakes actually....Joe Kapp took the Vikings to their first SB....and lost to the underdog Chiefs. That is when the Vikings got Tark back...and he took them to 3 more SBs. Now, he lost to the Steelers, Raiders and Cowboys.....but he did get there 3 times.

Deshone, DeShaun, DeShit, DeFran...................... it's all the same fucking thing. Run first quarterbacks all suck. There will never be a 'Tarkenton" white, black or Sumo that is going to amount to a pile of donkey shit in the NFL.

Can Kizer overcome himself and his poor coaching? Sure he can. Human beings are capable of amazing things. But the chances of this happening? They are about the same Zomblow as a woman not laughing at you when you take your panties off.

Kizer is a 1 dollar lottery ticket, and nothing more. By all means, support him, cheer him, but dude, don't fucking talk football as if the guy has all the tools and smarts of a classic NFL draft pick like Mitch HOF bound Trubisky.

Oh....I for one am NOT really counting on Kizer to be the future of this team honestly, any more than I am counting on Kessler. Brock Osweiler may turn out to be better than both.

But...the possible unfortunate thing about taking Kizer is that it may mean that the Browns will not be in the market for a QB in next year's first round.

(Which...to me means that it will STILL be a long time before we actually get a quality franchise QB on this team.)

But if we aren't in the market for a quarterback next year-and we suck for the 3rd year-in a row this administration will most certainly be on their way-out the door. And probly Kizer with them.

And we'll have pissed away a two first round season in which we could have had one.

WSS

If the 2018 QB class ends up close to its preliminary billing, then we are going to have to have one of our rostered QBs exceed even his most ardently optimistic backer's expectations here to not be in the QB market next year.

If the 2018 QB class ends up close to its preliminary billing, then we are going to have to have one of our rostered QBs exceed even his most ardently optimistic backer's expectations here to not be in the QB market next year.

True....but, I just don't think that will happen. Osweiler is a step ahead of Brandon Weeden, imo. Kessler is the second coming of Paul McDonald. And Kizer...too raw, too unknown...and will NOT be able to be properly evaluated before the draft next year. He is a bench jockey for now.

Unless coach Jackson has his back. Will 4 and 12 be enough progress? 5 and 11? And as far as next year as quarterback class being as good as expected, well, it never is is it? Last year Watson was going to be the next Andrew Luck.

WSS

Unless coach Jackson has his back. Will 4 and 12 be enough progress? 5 and 11? And as far as next year as quarterback class being as good as expected, well, it never is is it? Last year Watson was going to be the next Andrew Luck.

Never? No. Rarely? Not quite. Infrequently? Close enough... and there's a difference between hype and assessment.

The team record will be the last thing Hue or or FO will use to evaluate our QB(s). Hue will back whomever best executes his offense.

Archived