THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Peppers and 1st rounder

Comeonman

Garrett, Watson, Njoku and now you had a mike drop. Don't understand why we didn't pull the trigger on that. What leadership and competitiveness Watson brings. Even if he was a bust, atleast it was taking a shot at it - like Oakland did with Carr.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns...

Did they shit themselves? We'll see. Kinda reminds me of when Bill B. was running things here in Cleveland, the guy he wanted went off the board, he panicked, and took Craig Powell.

I just don't get what they're plan is.

Their plan obviously is to have every pick in the first and second round by 2030.

Great draft do far to set us up for next year

Only if Garrett is the second coming of Bruce Smith or Reggie White, Peppers turns out as good as Ray Lewis, and Njoku is another Ozzie Newsome. Just cool it- I like the Garrett and Njoku picks (though I hated giving up the #33, it's worth a lot) I just hope Peppers isn't the proverbial "Jack of all trades, and Master of none."

Screw next year- it's a freaking broken record. One of the guys former sig lines "The Cleveland Browns, rebuilding since 1999. Why stop now?"

Garrett, Watson, Njoku and now you had a mike drop. Don't understand why we didn't pull the trigger on that. What leadership and competitiveness Watson brings. Even if he was a bust, atleast it was taking a shot at it - like Oakland did with Carr.

I'm guessing they like what will be available next year more.... Either by FA or draft.

Did they shit themselves? We'll see. Kinda reminds me of when Bill B. was running things here in Cleveland, the guy he wanted went off the board, he panicked, and took Craig Powell.

Their plan obviously is to have every pick in the first and second round by 2030.

Only if Garrett is the second coming of Bruce Smith or Reggie White, Peppers turns out as good as Ray Lewis, and Njoku is another Ozzie Newsome. Just cool it- I like the Garrett and Njoku picks (though I hated giving up the #33, it's worth a lot) I just hope Peppers isn't the proverbial "Jack of all trades, and Master of none."

Screw next year- it's a freaking broken record. One of the guys former sig lines "The Cleveland Browns, rebuilding since 1999. Why stop now?"

I hated the trade down.......I hated it because we could have had a really good player, I hated it because I think we should have been paid more for dropping that far. I didn't like Watson so I was OK on passing on him. But I would have liked Hooker or Allen instead of Peppers.

QB 2018, BABY!

I will be surprised if we don't spend a 2018 to help us get back into the 4th round... maybe the late 3rd.

No problem Tour- with those picks, we should be drafting #1 overall again in 2018. Only 1\2 kidding. Let Kessler and the Ostrich duke it out this year @ QB, the rest of this QB draft class is pure crap. And MHO is we're not touching Kelly either- not if we passed on Foster who has\had 1\2 the off field baggage and 5 X the talent.

I hated the trade down.......I hated it because we could have had a really good player, I hated it because I think we should have been paid more for dropping that far. I didn't like Watson so I was OK on passing on him. But I would have liked Hooker or Allen instead of Peppers.

^^^^ This, and I agree. Ghoolie was having a field day in the Tavern busting chops, passing on that talent. Could have had Rubin Foster too, and if that shoulder is sound and he doesn't get a fat head off the field, I see another Ray Lewis talent.

What's so hard to understand? They did pretty much what I thought they would do. They took the best pass rusher in the draft, a safety that fits Gregg Williams' scheme as a box safety and fills our returner needs as well, and a tight end with tremendous upside for an offensive scheme that led to Tyler Eiffert catching 13 TD's in Hue Jacksons last season in Cincinnati.

Well since you put it that way...

Actually was a very soothing post... thanks...

Peppers turns out as good as Ray Lewis...

ummmm.... kinda ambitious there for our new SS...

No problem Tour- with those picks, we should be drafting #1 overall again in 2018.

Case of wine says we aren't... at least not by virtue of our finish. Or a half case since you're half serious...

Nate Burleson on NFL Network says the Browns are now 5 or 6 games better than 2016 even before we know who we take day 2. He loved the 3 starters we just added.

EDIT: And the whole Good Morning Football crew think the Browns pulled this off without reaching and setting 2018 up to be another banner year.

Peppers isn't half as good as Hooker. Hate this pick.

Ball hawking? No, Hooker wins that going away. But all around DB play? That gap narrows...

While I'm not a big fan of Chuckie, Gruden made a couple interesting comments about Peppers...

• his PassD numbers would have been much higher had been primarily utilized in a single-high role, and
  • if he could pick one guy to be the last tackler between a ball carrier and the winning TD, it'd be Peppers.

]What's so hard to understand? They did pretty much what I thought they would do. They took the best pass rusher in the draft, a safety that fits Gregg Williams' scheme as a box safety and fills our returner needs as well, and a tight end with tremendous upside for an offensive scheme that led to Tyler Eiffert catching 13 TD's in Hue Jacksons last season in Cincinnati.

And they had to make all of those deals to do that?

What they're doing is trying to show the rest of the NFL is that they are the smartest ones in the room.

<p>

• if he could pick one guy to be the last tackler between a ball carrier and the winning TD, it'd be Peppers.

Interesting comment. I don't disagree though. He's run down WRs and HBs in games where he could just take a break.

It's amazing how one player can have people think he's a great tackler and people think he's a terrible tackler at the same time

Interesting comment. I don't disagree though. He's run down WRs and HBs in games where he could just take a break.

It's amazing how one player can have people think he's a great tackler and people think he's a terrible tackler at the same time

Woody....we hold YOU personally responsible for his performance. So you better have gotten this right!! :lol:

Woody....we hold YOU personally responsible for his performance. So you better have gotten this right!! :lol:

And college is different than the nasty professional game, separates the men from the boys who want the paychecks and not the brutal play.

I know I don't see Peppers as a hard-hitting, form tackler, but that's different from reliably bringing the ball carrier to the ground and I think that's what Gruden was saying.

I know I don't see Peppers as a hard-hitting, form tackler, but that's different from reliably bringing the ball carrier to the ground and I think that's what Gruden was saying.

Right but there are people, including some on here, that just think he can't tackle

Oh, I did. I definitely did

Woody our resident professional football scout. ;)

It'll be fun looking back at these threads once Peppers starts making plays all over the field.... I'm thinking by early November.

It'll be fun looking back at these threads once Peppers starts making plays all over the field.... I'm thinking by early November.

Anticipating a suspension?

If you haven't seen

.. you really should. His sr season stats aren't what you'd expect, for good reason.
His stats were the topic of discussion this morning on the local sports radio. They were something along the lines of:

10 passes defended

1 interception

0 forced fumbles

BTW, those are career stats.

Not the kind of stats I would expect from a first rounder (and I don't give 2 shits which college he attended).

That's a hell of a price tag for a special teams guy.

]What's so hard to understand? They did pretty much what I thought they would do. They took the best pass rusher in the draft, a safety that fits Gregg Williams' scheme as a box safety and fills our returner needs as well, and a tight end with tremendous upside for an offensive scheme that led to Tyler Eiffert catching 13 TD's in Hue Jacksons last season in Cincinnati.

And they had to make all of those deals to do that?

What they're doing is trying to show the rest of the NFL is that they are the smartest ones in the room.

I don't know if this is true, but I read that the Steelers were planning on picking Peppers or Njoku with their pick, so yeah, if they double-screwed the Steelers then I'm not complaining.

Archived