THE BROWNS BOARD

Breaking Bad Finale

The Gipper

OK, aside from the Indians securing the playoffs and the Browns winning a big game vs. the Bengals, Sunday was also "big" because it was the Final Episode of Breaking Bad. So let's just go over it, because it sure did tie up a lot of loose ends:

1. Walter firgured out an ingenious way to get the 9 million dollars he had left to his kids, by having it seemingly come from a trust set up by his billionaire friends "The Scwartzes" and of course insuring that they actually do give those kids the money by threatening them with being the target of two "hit men" if they don't (actually...the hit men were the goofballs Badger and Skinny Boy")

2. We all wondered why he had gone back into the house to get the ricin capsule. Well, Lydia ended up getting that little package in her tea for wanting to take him out.

3. He was able to steer the cops to where they could find Hank and Gomez's bodies by giving Skylar the lottery ticket that had the GPS coordinates on it where he had buried his money...but where the Nazis had buried Hank.

4. He was able to get his revenge on Jack and the Nazis for killing Hank by taking nearly all of them out with his set up of the automatic machine gun in the trunk of the car that he drove into the compound, and then triggering it to kill them all.

5. Though he may not originally have meant to....having only decided to forgive Jesse after he saw that he was a prisoner, he was able to save Jesse and set him free.

6. Jesse got his revenge on Todd for killing the boy on the bike and Angela by strangling him to death and crushing his neck.

7. Walter admitted to Skylar that he did much of what he did because he liked it, and was good at it...and not just for the benefit of the family.

8. Finally, Walter got a death with some dignity and honor.

That's my main problem with it - absolutely everything got tied up in a neat little bow. It's like they wrote the episode with a checklist of things to go through, and just made sure to get everything done.

That's my main problem with it - absolutely everything got tied up in a neat little bow. It's like they wrote the episode with a checklist of things to go through, and just made sure to get everything done.

Well, that was the intent. It was still great. I saw no reason in this series to leave things hanging.

Besides, there were a few things: What did Pinkman end up doing? Did the kids get their money? What happened to Saul?

By the way...I understand that there may be a spinoff around "Better Call Saul" in the works.

I thought it could have been better. Jack todd and the Nazis didn't seem big enough. Not as dangerous as the Mexican cartel hitmen. Felt a little unsatisfying to me. Also what the hell is Jesse going to do? Literally everyone he cares about is dead, he's got no money and his fingerprints are all over the meth lab and the gun that he pointed at Walt. Kind of poorly thought out for this show in my opinion.

I thought it could have been better. Jack todd and the Nazis didn't seem big enough. Not as dangerous as the Mexican cartel hitmen. Felt a little unsatisfying to me. Also what the hell is Jesse going to do? Literally everyone he cares about is dead, he's got no money and his fingerprints are all over the meth lab and the gun that he pointed at Walt. Kind of poorly thought out for this show in my opinion.

Well, he got away at that point in time....and that is all that matters. I don't think it was necessary to tie down his fate. He could get caught, sure. Then he would have been the only living witness to the murder of Hank and Gomez. Or he could end up in a cabin in New Hampshire or he could end up as Saul's assistant manager of a chicken shack in Omaha.....whatever.

god dammit i didn't watch this season so far waiting to do an all day 5 (or 6) episode marathon.

thanks gipper might as well delete the shit now.

kidding.

AMC has got to have the best lineup barring pay cable channels.

breaking bad

mad men

the walking dead

shit is off the hook!

god dammit i didn't watch this season so far waiting to do an all day 5 (or 6) episode marathon.

thanks gipper might as well delete the shit now.

kidding.

AMC has got to have the best lineup barring pay cable channels.

breaking bad

mad men

the walking dead

shit is off the hook!

Well, I thought I put a warning label on my comments. In not, I guess I should have.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that breaking bad is over I'm looking round for other shows to watch/start. I'm gonna start walking dead, and probably also prison break. Never been a fan of cop dramas, so the wire is not so much my kind of thing. Homeland has started again apparently, which i need to catch up with. Any others out there? Anyone seen Almost Human? More sci-fi than cop drama, so could be interested.

Now that breaking bad is over I'm looking round for other shows to watch/start. I'm gonna start walking dead, and probably also prison break. Never been a fan of cop dramas, so the wire is not so much my kind of thing. Homeland has started again apparently, which i need to catch up with. Any others out there? Anyone seen Almost Human? More sci-fi than cop drama, so could be interested.

I get the DVDs from the library and watch whole seasons at time (and yes, I know as my son reminds me that you can stream a lot of this online). Right now I have the 7th season of Dexter that I am watching, plus I have like the 5th season of True Blood in the wings.

I have seen like the first 3 seasons of Almost Human. It is good, but I am wondering if they still make it.

But, here is a list of other series that I have seen some or most of:

Boardwalk Empire

Game of Thrones

Rome

Deadwood

The Sopranos

The Tudors

The Borgias

Boss

Magic City

Spartacus

Homeland

Torchwood

The Killing

Wallander

Hell on Wheels

The Walking Dead

Justified

Alphas

Battlestar Gallactica

Caprica

Stargate

Lost

Once Upon a Time

There are a few that I have not seen, but hope to some day soon: Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, The Shield.

And there may be a number of others out there.

I get the DVDs from the library and watch whole seasons at time (and yes, I know as my son reminds me that you can stream a lot of this online). Right now I have the 7th season of Dexter that I am watching, plus I have like the 5th season of True Blood in the wings.

I have seen like the first 3 seasons of Almost Human. It is good, but I am wondering if they still make it.

But, here is a list of other series that I have seen some or most of:

Boardwalk Empire - didn't like

Game of Thrones - seen it, read it

Rome - not looked in to it - I know my parents love it

Deadwood - not seen it

The Sopranos - couldn't get in to it, not my kind of thing so much

The Tudors - See Rome

The Borgias - Very good, seen it

Boss - ??

Magic City - See Boss

Spartacus - too stylised, too much emphasis on violence, not a fan, though my roommate loves it

Homeland - new season started apparently, got to watch that

Torchwood - yep

The Killing - not seen it

Wallander - ?

Hell on Wheels - ?

The Walking Dead - downloading

Justified - ?

Alphas - ?

Battlestar Gallactica - not a big fan of sci-fi things

Caprica - ?

Stargate - was ok

Lost - ugh, no thanks :P

Once Upon a Time - I remember that looking good

There are a few that I have not seen, but hope to some day soon: Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, The Shield.

And there may be a number of others out there.

Thanks, got some ideas and looking forward to some :D

Thanks, got some ideas and looking forward to some :D

Not sure what you mean by some of your comments. Just because one show seems like another show is no reason not to watch it.

I mean, both Columbo and Monk are about detectives, but you can certainly enjoy both shows.

As for sci-fi......sci-fi is just another way to tell a good story, if the story is good in the first place. Like Gene Roddenberry said, Star Trek was basically Wagon Train in space. In fact, there was a movie called Outlander I believe starring Sean Connery. It was essentially High Noon in Space. There is bad sci-fi and good sci-fi. It all depends on acting/directing/writing.

Archived