THE BROWNS BOARD

Harbaugh loses all Credibility

The Gipper

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tressel has a record of 20-5? That's cute. Meyer has a record with OSU of 61-5

I don't think Meyer is afraid enough of him to start little girly rumors. But I'm 100% sure I know who he meant when he said "our enemies"

Tressel at OHIO STATE and BIG TEN: Ohio State: 94-22 (106-22) 59-14 (66-4)

Career: Overall 229-79-2

Versus m: 9-1 ;)

You are obtuse. There is no "kind of research" that can be done on these rumors. That is why they are rumors. (besides...how do you know there is nothing to them. You don't... no more than I do. You don't believe them. I don't believe them...but there is NOTHING definitive to say about them until Harbaugh makes a statement. And even then, take it with a grain of salt. Remember Saban? "I'm not going to Alabama". Sure.

Yes, there is. Two things to look at. 1) Is it realistic? 2) What is the source?

1) This has already been covered in the thread

2) This is the one I was referring to as far as research goes. Find out where this rumor started. How legitimate is that source? This rumor started when Cowherd relayed a second hand comment from a reporter saying that Harbaugh to the Rams was a "very real possibility". (The reporter being an OSU alum). That same reporter then clarified his statement on twitter and tried to calm the flames, but people were already running with it.

"Harbaugh to the NFL" will pop up every offseason, because it generates views.

meyer inherited a 6-7 team

ok? I'm generally lost on why this matters in this conversation...

... plus, it was one down year because Fickell was a bad coach. It's not like OSU had fallen off. If you're trying to equate it to Harbaugh's situation (or Hoke or RRod), it isn't the same.

Who's problem is it that Michigan, who is by anyone's estimation a top tier program, failed for years. It's not OSU's problem. We apparently didn't have any problem finding great coaches.

The record matters because you're trying to insinuate that Meyer just took overthe dynamite talent that tressel had amassed. If that were the truth pure talent would have carried them to, at the very least, a mediocre but winning record.

Yes, there is. Two things to look at. 1) Is it realistic? 2) What is the source?

1) This has already been covered in the thread

I don't think it is realistic...this time around.

2) This is the one I was referring to as far as research goes. Find out where this rumor started. How legitimate is that source? This rumor started when Cowherd relayed a second hand comment from a reporter saying that Harbaugh to the Rams was a "very real possibility". (The reporter being an OSU alum). That same reporter then clarified his statement on twitter and tried to calm the flames, but people were already running with it.

"Harbaugh to the NFL" will pop up every offseason, because it generates views.

There is no research needed to find a "single source" for where the Harbaugh to the Pros rumor started. The source is with Harbaugh himself. He, unlike Saban, had great success in the Pros.....so every time there is a vacancy in the coaching ranks of the NFL his name is going to be mentioned as a possible replacement. It starts with fans/media saying "we need a new coach...hey, Harbaugh was good, why not think about him" It is not one person like Cowherd, and it certainly didn't start with OSU....though certainly OSU...and others (more likely Michigan St....who is really a greater recruiting rival than OSU of UM) may take advantage of the rumors. The rumor started with everyone. The minute he left the pro rank there were rumors he could go back if the situation is right.

If you try to assess this rumor to a single source....then you are as I said: obtuse.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/michigan-wolverines-jim-harbaugh-rumors-st-louis-rams-nfl-head-coach-jive-turkeys-enemies-121416

Harbaugh acts like an asshat and blames his "enemies". The dude is swirling the drain into real Nixonian paranoia. The fact is, as I said before, Harbaugh back to the Pros rumors began the moment he left the pros.....and anyone and everyone is likely to bring up the prospect of him going back to the Pros.

Should other schools use this against him in recruiting....saying to recruits that "Harbaugh ain't gonna be there for your 4 years, he will jump to the pros". Sure they should use it because: a. it may in fact as some point be true b. all is fair is love, war and recruiting.

Many, many, many college coaches have proven to be untrustworthy when it comes to promises of staying at a school. We all know how it is: so many have jumped at the chance of advancement. For more money, better facilities, more prestige etc. This is no different. Yes, it does not mean that it is true....but if a recruiter can sow a seed of doubt about Harbaugh's committment to Michigan....why not do so? He would do the same thing if it were another school. Fair to say?

Who's problem is it that Michigan, who is by anyone's estimation a top tier program, failed for years. It's not OSU's problem. We apparently didn't have any problem finding great coaches.

The record matters because you're trying to insinuate that Meyer just took overthe dynamite talent that tressel had amassed. If that were the truth pure talent would have carried them to, at the very least, a mediocre but winning record.

It's no one else's problem but Michigan's. I never said it was anyone else's. Calm your tits Mr strawman.

But let's be honest, OSU had an elite coach fall into their laps. Most programs aren't that lucky.

Meyer took over a much more talented team than a 6-7 record would indicate. It was one down year sandwiched by multiple elite ones. Fickell was just a bad coach. Obviously Meyer is an amazing coach, but he didn't start at a real 6-7 level.

It's no one else's problem but Michigan's. I never said it was anyone else's. Calm your tits Mr strawman.

But let's be honest, OSU had an elite coach fall into their laps. Most programs aren't that lucky.

Meyer took over a much more talented team than a 6-7 record would indicate. It was one down year sandwiched by multiple elite ones. Fickell was just a bad coach. Obviously Meyer is an amazing coach, but he didn't start at a real 6-7 level.

Fickell is now the coach at Cincinnati. If he was so bad they would not have hired him, fair to say? He had a tough situation to deal with as a first time interim coach.

You're all over the place Gipper...

And every thing I say is 100% accurate.

1) yes, Harbaugh will always be mentioned

2) this particular rumor started at a single source. No it didn't, that's stupid.

3) negative recruiting is (usually) fine. I expect a coach to say Harbaugh might leave

4) those coaches are our enemies

Keep digging the bunkers Adolph.

Fickell is now the coach at Cincinnati. If he was so bad they would not have hired him, fair to say? He had a tough situation to deal with as a first time interim coach.

Maybe he's better now, we'll see. But he didn't do a great job that year.

I agree though, your coach lying to the NCAA did put the team in a rough spot.

Yes, it did. It all stems from Cowherd's recent comment on his show. That's where this started and gained legs.

If it wasn't him, it would have been one of any number of a hundred other people that would have speculated on it. I saw some fan site there that said: "Let's go get Harbaugh". I don't think they waited until they heard something from Cowherd.

(also, note how our avatars reflect each of us: Me and my avatar may represent the coolest cat in the world ever....whereas yours represents the biggest dork ever.

Change it....unless you want to have the biggest dork in the world ever be representative of you?)

Archived