THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 14 NCAA Football, top 25, Championship Week

mjp28

AP Top 25 - WEEK 14, a lot of dropouts!

RK TEAM REC PTS TREND

1 Alabama(61) 12-0 1525

2 Ohio State 11-1 1456

3 Clemson 11-1 1383 1

4 Washington 11-1 1298 2 <--- the current 1 loss teams!

5 Michigan 10-2 1264 2

6 Wisconsin 10-2 1237 1

7 Oklahoma 9-2 1141

8 Penn State 10-2 1118

9 Colorado 10-2 1035

10 USC 9-3 948 2

11 Oklahoma State 9-2 931 1

12 Florida State 9-3 847 3

13 Western Michigan 12-0 807 1

14 West Virginia 9-2 726 5

15 Florida 8-3 471 2

16 Louisville 9-3 468 5

17 Stanford 9-3 452 NR <--- check out the NR teams

18 Auburn 8-4 423 2

19 Virginia Tech 9-3 420 NR

20 Navy 9-2 387 NR

21 LSU 7-4 338 4

22 Iowa 8-4 217 NR

23 Nebraska 9-3 181 6 <--- 22 & 23 wrap up the B1G

24 Pittsburgh 8-4 168 NR

South Florida 10-2 168 NR

Whoa.

Dropped from rankings: Houston 18, Boise State 20, Utah 21, Texas A&M 22, Washington State 23, Tennessee 24

Others receiving votes: Houston 98, Boise State 92, Utah 88, Washington State 35, Texas A&M 33, Air Force 22, Temple 21, Tennessee 12, Troy 7, Miami 5, Georgia Tech 2, Tulsa 1

Coaches Poll

RK TEAM REC PTS TREND

1 Alabama(64) 12-0 1600 —

2 Ohio State 11-1 1520 —

3 Clemson 11-1 1475 —

4 Washington 11-1 1388 1

5 Wisconsin 10-2 1298 1

6 Michigan 10-2 1265 2

7 Oklahoma 9-2 1223 —

8 Penn State 10-2 1156 —

9 Colorado 10-2 1116 —

10 Oklahoma State 9-2 1018 — of the top 25

Dropped from rankings: Boise State 19, Houston 21, Texas A&M 22, Washington State 23, Tennessee 24, North Carolina 25

Others receiving votes: Boise State 93, Houston 58, Pittsburgh 56, Washington State 44, Texas A&M 34, Miami 34, Temple 26, Tennessee 23, San Diego State 18, Air Force 12, Georgia Tech 9, North Carolina 9, Minnesota 6, Tulsa 5, Appalachian State 3, Western Kentucky 2, Middle Tennessee 1, Troy 1, Wyoming 1

Championship Week some interesting games on tap but will any match these TV ratings?

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) ESPN says the Michigan-Ohio State double-overtime thriller drew more than 16.6 million viewers, making it the most-watched college football game this season.

The game was also the most-watched college football game on ABC since the 2006 Michigan-Ohio State game drew more than 21 million viewers, and the most-watched noon ET kickoff for any game on an ESPN network. The 2006 game which was a No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup, kicked off at 3:30 p.m. ET.

No. 2 Ohio State beat No. 3 Michigan 30-27 in Saturday's game.

The second most-watched game this season was Notre Dame-Texas on Labor Day night, which drew almost 11 million viewers.

The viewership peaked for Michigan-Ohio State at more than 20 million viewers between 3:45 p.m. and 4 p.m. ET when the game went to overtime.

ESPN says the game was also streamed online more than any regular-season game it has ever carried, with more than one million unique viewers.

How do those ratings compare to various Prime time games?

You have to watch numbers now with all the different ways to get live sports, including Neilson.

But The Game smoked most all other games:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/

A lot of conference championships this week, here's one. PENN ST vs WISC -1'

One man's opinion BIG TEN style.....

Big 10 Championship (Indianapolis) Saturday 8 pm

.....There isnt any question to us which offensive coordinator deserves national honors this season in only his first year at Penn State Joe Moorhead showed folks why he came to Happy Valley with such a great reputation. Moorhead took a team with only limited personnel and got just about as much out of them as he could, in particular game-planning so well to take advantage of whatever weakness the opposition had.

But there is still an issue of not having the playmakers to attack well when stepping up in class, and there was evidence of that vs. Michigan and Ohio State, when the Nittany Lions could only manage one offensive TD in each game, being held to an average of 13.5 first downs and 258.5 yards. This particular challenge might be even tougher for Moorhead, because with Wisconsin it is not just a case of having some tenacious tacklers and excellent cover guys (22 interceptions!) on the field, but also the Badgers being about as fundamentally sound as a defense gets, simply not leaving many tactical holes that can be exploited.

And after a few hiccups early in the season that Badger ground game got back to where it was expected to be following the October bye week (Corey Clement has rushed for at least 100 yards in six of seven games since then), and that unit is a potent force to have this late in the season, regardless of whether it is Alex Hornibrook or Bart Houston at QB.....

So the pick? Later. ;)

Some games of interest this week 14.....

MAC OHIO vs WESTERN MICHIGAN -19 Friday

PAC COLO vs WASHINGTON -7' Friday

USA LA TECH vs WEST KY -9'

AAC TEMPLE vs NAVY -3

SEC FLA vs ALABAMA -24

MWE SDST vs WYOMING -7

ACC VT vs CLEMSON -10

B1G PENN ST vs WISC -1'

And can the loads of bowl games be far behind?

And no OHIO STATE or Michigan this week......oh and no 0-12 BROWNS!

Well we get to watch other football games and see if the BROWNS death grip on the #1 pick is improved plus watch PHI and TEN because we have their 1st and 2nd round picks respectively.

Go Western...no Go Ohio....its Ohio. (aren't you from Ohio?)

Go Colorado...go Washington....Pac 12 needs a CFP rep.

Go WKU....OK, from Bowling Green Ky.....my Dads hometown...still have family there.

Go Navy Sure

Meh

Go Wyoming Sure....my brother's stepson went there

Go VT...that would make things interesting.

Go PSU....honestly not sure I have a favorite in this matchup...my wife is from Wisc...(but did not go to Madison...went to Stevens Point)...so maybe I should say "On Wisconsin" Plus that would put to bed the PSU beat OSU argument.

And no OHIO STATE or Michigan this week......oh and no 0-12 BROWNS!

Well we get to watch other football games and see if the BROWNS death grip on the #1 pick is improved plus watch PHI and TEN because we have their 1st and 2nd round picks respectively.

Philly is going backward while the Tits are playing well now.

Philly is going backward while the Tits are playing well now.

Plus the Phillies were 71-91 and 4th in the NL East and according to the NBA POWER RATINGS the 76ers are dead last in the NBA. Not exactly a great time for the wonderful Philly fans...but they have good Philly cheese steaks!

(Note the use or reference of the POWER RATINGS in a non betting situation.)

Well there's who would you bet and who do you root for, so.....

MAC OHIO vs WESTERN MICHIGAN -19 Friday .....WM....OHIO

PAC COLO vs WASHINGTON -7' Friday ....WASH...COLO

USA LA TECH vs WEST KY -9'.....LA TECH

AAC TEMPLE vs NAVY -3 ......NAVY...NAVY

SEC FLA vs ALABAMA -24 .... ALA...FLA

MWE SDST vs WYOMING -7 ....WYO

ACC VT vs CLEMSON -10 ....CLEM...VT

B1G PENN ST vs WISC -1'....WISC maybe big... toss up?

A lot of big points out there.

o.k so if NAVY wins which i my mind would move them up through the rankings above WMU wouldnt that screw up bowl placement untill after they play ARMY

That would be interesting, I like NAVY and yes they might shake up WM's chances.

I watch ARMY/NAVY every year and it's a shame how pitiful ARMY has become although they are better this year. You'd think the Black Knights would be tough guys compared to the Middies.

Well going into Saturday's games:

1 Alabama

2 OHIO STATE

3 Probably Clemson

4 Washington thinks it's theirs after chopping up Colorado, Michigan and Wisconsin might disagree

Oh Santa how it would be nice this year to have an 8 team playoff.

....and go YSU in Round two of the 1-AA Playoffs at Jax. St. down there in Jacksonville, Alabama population about 12,000.

That would be interesting, I like NAVY and yes they might shake up WM's chances.

I watch ARMY/NAVY every year and it's a shame how pitiful ARMY has become although they are better this year. You'd think the Black Knights would be tough guys compared to the Middies.

what it's been over a decade since ARMY has gotten a W over NAVY,,,well Temple sure kicked NAVY'S ass

Well going into Saturday's games:

1 Alabama

2 OHIO STATE

3 Probably Clemson

4 Washington thinks it's theirs after chopping up Colorado, Michigan and Wisconsin might disagree

Oh Santa how it would be nice this year to have an 8 team playoff.

....and go YSU in Round two of the 1-AA Playoffs at Jax. St. down there in Jacksonville, Alabama population about 12,000.

Youngstown State 40 Jacksonville State 24 Final

YSU moves on to the quarterfinals vs the Wofford/Citidal winner. The most scored this year against the #1 Jax St defense was 34 by LSU and the 14 game home winning streak is gone.

...oh might be on ESPN2 or ESPN3. ;)

Bo knows football, GO YSU!

You still aren't paying attention to D-III.

Both Mt. Union and John Carroll are in to the semifinals. It may be possible that we could see an all NEO D-III title game.

(though...they both have to go on the road....JC to Wisc. OshKosh. MUU to Mary Hardin Baylor in Texas...which is a very tough team.)

You still aren't paying attention to D-III.

Both Mt. Union and John Carroll are in to the semifinals. It may be possible that we could see an all NEO D-III title game.

(though...they both have to go on the road....JC to Wisc. OshKosh. MUU to Mary Hardin Baylor in Texas...which is a very tough team.)

I do but sometimes don't have time for 1-A 1-AA DII DIII NAIA 7 man in one sitting.

Most like maybe 95% (guessing) of people primarily pay attention to 1-AA like most people think the stock market is the Dow 30.

Still Ohio has a pretty good representation in "small ball" and Mt. Union in particular.

I remember when I started at YSU in 1968 we were D II which was largely ignored until they moved up to D 1-AA. Ironically when Ron Jaworski was D II and invited to play in the almost exclusively D 1-A Senior Bowl ....he was the game MVP.

Yes there is some interest and talent in small ball, ESPN has helped somewhat.

It doesn't take but 30 seconds to look up the scores and schedules. I don't watch the games. (I don't see where they are televised). But I can look up a score in seconds flat.

http://www.ncaa.com/scoreboards/football/fcs

Looking ain't typing.

Archived